Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ET search could focus on alien transmitters

UM-Bot

A new focus for SETI could be to look for extraterrestrial transmitters within our own solar system.

The idea stems from the concept that if an intelligent extraterrestrial race were using a probe to study our planet then in order to transmit the data back to their own solar system they would need a means with which to send a signal over long interstellar distances.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/256476/et-search-could-focus-on-alien-transmitters

Not very likely.... Even if ET had FTL comunication it would still take "forever" to get information about other worlds.

But hey, like SETI, cant hurt to look, right?

Edited by DBunker
  • Like 1

So if we can hack into their probe then we might make contact?

Whats the chances of that happening, all our descent hackers are either dead, in prison, or too expensive for SETI to buy off.

Plus I think we are looking for something like high intensity light sources ( as in some form from some civilization) from out there as well. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

Edited by Spacenut56

A new focus for SETI could be to look for extraterrestrial transmitters within our own solar system.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...en-transmitters

Lets suppose aliens have known about human civilization since its very being.

We didnt have TVs or Radios to start with so their data collection would have been through observation alone. To me that means spy probes would be in Earths orbit (to observe what we were up to on all sides of the Earth). I cant see the probes being in the outer solar system because they would need to move really fast to keep up with Earths orbit or there would have to be a large number of them.

I think it may even be more realistic for them to have nano-probes here right now on earth relaying data to some kind of space processing centre. They arent using electro-magnetism otherwise we would have detected the signals leaking out. Therefore I think SETI is a dead duck. I think we should be looking for more exotic forms of communication.

• Like 1

Plus I think we are looking for something like high intensity light sources ( as in some form from some civilization) from out there as well. Correct me if I am wrong on this.

not sure, how about we ask them when we make contact "are you using high intensity light sources, oh and can I borrow your loo?"

Chances are they (if there is a they) will be using something completely alien to us, so the longer we keep looking for something which only we will recognise, the longer we will be alone.

Yes, we are conducting SETI searches in the optical range--

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Search_for_extraterrestrial_intelligence#Optical_experiments

I don't see how we could conduct searches by means with which we're not already familiar. First we'd have to discover the physics, and invent the technology with which to do the searching. Neutrinos and gravitational waves are at least known. Much more sensitive detectors of these would appear to be needed for SETI work, though.

• Like 1

I insist that the extraterrestrials have no difficulty in making themselves known and heard. SETI simply does Not know how to 'decode' the space alien language and their own efforts probably stopped dead at:

'The God that you speak of is Not God as we know this concept. Since you do not even understand the process of death, transition, and rebirth what makes you think that you have communicated with God ?' So then if the space alien cultures would not accept their own religious views about the One God as being the god of the entire cosmos, does that scares them ? Or ever worse these scientists are atheists and have no concepts about gods, or the powers that be whatsoever, this could definately be the cause of their own refusal to communicate with us because they are too

ofended by such denials.

They already have either studied our various Earth languages or you can understand (yes, hear) what they say because on an etherial or astral level all language is universal. Certain ideals or ideas can get lost in the translation because our own Earth language does not contain or yet define those particular concepts. Tune in and focus on the dialog sometimes and you might see what I mean. They do know how to communicate on what seems to us an etherial level but by using their technology. Radio waves carrying messages from outer space are viscum, they can be played out any where at any time, for anybody. Our government has been on a wild goose chase for decades and feigning or faking progress, and they are much more concerned on how they appear and 'damage control' to their own reputation over their own inability to manage these complexities. It might shock some to discover that better results than the SETI project can be obtained with a OUIJA board, and already has been. This makes me wonder too, are they spiritually deaf or just damned crazy ?

Edited by spacelizard667

Ummm ... okay. Whatever you say there, lizard old chap.

• Like 2

Ummm ... okay. Whatever you say there, lizard old chap.

Be careful, he is an overlord, afterall...
  • Like 1

I insist that the extraterrestrials have no difficulty in making themselves known and heard. SETI simply does Not know how to 'decode' the space alien language and their own efforts probably stopped dead at:

'The God that you speak of is Not God as we know this concept. Since you do not even understand the process of death, transition, and rebirth what makes you think that you have communicated with God ?' So then if the space alien cultures would not accept their own religious views about the One God as being the god of the entire cosmos, does that scares them ? Or ever worse these scientists are atheists and have no concepts about gods, or the powers that be whatsoever, this could definately be the cause of their own refusal to communicate with us because they are too

ofended by such denials.

They already have either studied our various Earth languages or you can understand (yes, hear) what they say because on an etherial or astral level all language is universal. Certain ideals or ideas can get lost in the translation because our own Earth language does not contain or yet define those particular concepts. Tune in and focus on the dialog sometimes and you might see what I mean. They do know how to communicate on what seems to us an etherial level but by using their technology. Radio waves carrying messages from outer space are viscum, they can be played out any where at any time, for anybody. Our government has been on a wild goose chase for decades and feigning or faking progress, and they are much more concerned on how they appear and 'damage control' to their own reputation over their own inability to manage these complexities. It might shock some to discover that better results than the SETI project can be obtained with a OUIJA board, and already has been. This makes me wonder too, are they spiritually deaf or just damned crazy ?

Word salad, at its best...

And OUIJA board? Seriously?!

Can I get that stuff you smoked while writing that gibberish?

• Like 6

Yes, we are conducting SETI searches in the optical range--

http://en.wikipedia....cal_experiments

I don't see how we could conduct searches by means with which we're not already familiar. First we'd have to discover the physics, and invent the technology with which to do the searching. Neutrinos and gravitational waves are at least known. Much more sensitive detectors of these would appear to be needed for SETI work, though.

If the aliens are a million years ahead of us they may have perfected stealth technology to the degree wheres its impossible to detect a probe with any known or yet to be known physics. It may be 100% invisible.

If the aliens are a million years ahead of us they may have perfected stealth technology to the degree wheres its impossible to detect a probe with any known or yet to be known physics. It may be 100% invisible.

How, then, there are tons of photos of "them"?

Lets suppose aliens have known about human civilization since its very being.

We didnt have TVs or Radios to start with so their data collection would have been through observation alone. To me that means spy probes would be in Earths orbit (to observe what we were up to on all sides of the Earth). I cant see the probes being in the outer solar system because they would need to move really fast to keep up with Earths orbit or there would have to be a large number of them.

I think it may even be more realistic for them to have nano-probes here right now on earth relaying data to some kind of space processing centre. They arent using electro-magnetism otherwise we would have detected the signals leaking out. Therefore I think SETI is a dead duck. I think we should be looking for more exotic forms of communication.

Though in the primitive stages, we are already working on various forms of cloaking/invisibility tech and nano, so a sufficiently advanced civilization conceivably could hide in plain sight, and be much closer to the beings (us) they are trying to study.

And if they are worried about detection, perhaps retrieval vs. signaling would be a possibility, though that carries its own risk of detection.

Edited by Sundew
  • Like 1

How, then, there are tons of photos of "them"?

Assuming it is them. However my comments are flawed. They would be sending some form of message back to their homeworld so obviously some information must be leaving our solar system in whatever capacity that is.

Though in the primitive stages, we are already working on various forms of cloaking/invisibility tech and nano, so a sufficiently advanced civilization conceivably could hide in plain sight, and be much closer to the beings (us) they are trying to study.

And if they are worried about detection, perhaps retrieval vs. signaling would be a possibility, though that carries its own risk of detection.

It might be possible to outsmart the aliens by engineering a situation in which we could trap a probe.

If we staged the run-up to WW3 would they appear?

Assuming it is them. However my comments are flawed. They would be sending some form of message back to their homeworld so obviously some information must be leaving our solar system in whatever capacity that is.

With all that super-duper advanced "invisibility" technologies "they" can't send messages while being invisible to us?

:no:

With all that super-duper advanced "invisibility" technologies "they" can't send messages while being invisible to us?

:no:

No. Look at The Klingon vessels. They could not fire their disruptor energy weapons while cloaked. It's a similar principle.

It might be possible to outsmart the aliens by engineering a situation in which we could trap a probe.

If we staged the run-up to WW3 would they appear?

They would know. They are always one step ahead.

No. Look at The Klingon vessels. They could not fire their disruptor energy weapons while cloaked. It's a similar principle.

But Klingons aren't that advanced. That is a fact...

Seriously, extraterrestrials do want to communicate, even on a OUIJA board. They already have been doing everything that they dare to risk just to get our attention. The government is always acting out like it has something else more important to do or else was about to say someting more important yet....but damn it if they didn't simply run out of time and nobody at all heard what it was that they were going to say. Simply the government doesn't like a barking dog so they think that they can pull it's teeth.

Edited by spacelizard667

So, in Layman's Terms, SETI is looking for Venusians and Neptoids?

Now that I think about it, why are we called "Earthlings"? Why not something that matches the other planets, like "Earthians".

• Like 1

Seriously, extraterrestrials do want to communicate, even on a OUIJA board

Wait, How? Where did you get this idea from?