Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Security Check Now Starts Long Before You Fly

questionmark

The Transportation Security Administration is expanding its screening of passengers before they arrive at the airport by searching a wide array of government and private databases that can include records like car registrations and employment information.

While the agency says that the goal is to streamline the security procedures for millions of passengers who pose no risk, the new measures give the government greater authority to use travelers’ data for domestic airport screenings. Previously that level of scrutiny applied only to individuals entering the United States.

The prescreening, some of which is already taking place, is described in documents the T.S.A. released to comply with government regulations about the collection and use of individuals’ data, but the details of the program have not been publicly announced.

Read more

Edit: why do I get the feeling that instead of a transparent government we are getting transparent citizens?

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 2

Now, the search includes using a traveler’s passport number, which is already used to screen people at the border, and other identifiers to access a system of databases maintained by the Department of Homeland Security.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/22/business/security-check-now-starts-long-before-you-fly.html?hp&_r=1&

The fake document forgers will be working just a little bit harder...for now then?

Yes, this will stop many, but those who really want to get in will somehow.

I wonder if the will be using this info for people they train at their military bases?

• Like 1

Frankly I'm glad that the paranoia of the U.S. Authorities that anyone who might want to visit the U.S. is probably a potential Terrorist is now being extended to Americans themselves. Then maybe they might start to get angry about it.

• Like 2

Edit: why do I get the feeling that instead of a transparent government we are getting transparent citizens?

if you have nothing to hide, it should not concearn you.

if you have nothing to hide, it should not concearn you.

Ah, the motto of the Geheime Staatzpolizei, Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnost, and Ministerium für Staatssicherheit, there, and now of course, the Abteilung von Heimat Sicherheit.

• Like 1

When I flew to the US from Turkey, Brazil, and other places I plopped my suitcase on the luggage scanner, walked through a metal detector and he hopped on a plane to the US.

When I fly from Des Moines, Iowa to Dallas, TX, I take off my shoes, go through the full body scanner with my hands in the air, get felt up by one of the 30 security guards, turn on all my electronic devices, wait for an explosives swipe on my wallet because I forgot to take it out of my pocket, answer a bunch of silly questions that a terrorist would have already made up a lie for, and then I get on the plane.

I have to admit though, the system works. There have been 0 terrorists from Iowa that have successfully hi-jacked a plane.

• Like 5

Ah, the motto of the Geheime Staatzpolizei, Komitet gosudarstvennoy bezopasnost, and Ministerium für Staatssicherheit, there, and now of course, the Abteilung von Heimat Sicherheit.

lol, it was sarcasm.

he says that in gun threads.

• Like 1

That would be Abteilung für Heimatsschutz.

Frankly I'm glad that the paranoia of the U.S. Authorities that anyone who might want to visit the U.S. is probably a potential Terrorist is now being extended to Americans themselves. Then maybe they might start to get angry about it.

Wow, you should come join us on my immigration checkpoint thread.

• Like 3

When I flew to the US from Turkey, Brazil, and other places I plopped my suitcase on the luggage scanner, walked through a metal detector and he hopped on a plane to the US.

When I fly from Des Moines, Iowa to Dallas, TX, I take off my shoes, go through the full body scanner with my hands in the air, get felt up by one of the 30 security guards, turn on all my electronic devices, wait for an explosives swipe on my wallet because I forgot to take it out of my pocket, answer a bunch of silly questions that a terrorist would have already made up a lie for, and then I get on the plane.

I have to admit though, the system works. There have been 0 terrorists from Iowa that have successfully hi-jacked a plane.

America has the safest potential terrorist population on the planet. Good job TSA.

• Like 4

I couldn't resist....

Funny-TSA-01.jpg

Funny-TSA-04.jpg

:)

Edited by Kowalski
  • Like 6