Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I was healed by a ghost...and there's a photo

Brian Topp

Pareidolia. Outside light, that's all. You can see the light on the floor as well.

In the OP article there is this photo, and one thing I will never understand is why ghosts wear clothes. Clothes dont die do they, the person does. Yet ghostly apparitions are always clothed..

*Snip*

Edited by Still Waters
Removed copyrighted image
  • Like 4

I can see what "could be" a person wearing a bonnet, facing away from the camera. But it is nothing clear for certain and it isn't exactly leaning over the woman or facing in her direction to me. What "could be" a face on the apparition could just as well be curls coming out of the back part of the bonnet. Or something completely different. Now, if you look toward the left, behind the pew right beside the flower bouquets, it looks like a photograph of a man's face. Or nothing at all. Pareloia, as the ancient astronaut said.

Seeder, I don't know why they are always clothed. Maybe they maintain their modesty when they go beyond the veil.

I expect in all seriousness, its no ghost. Just a woman who came in and sat down for whatever reason. We only have their word, dont we, that she wasn't there at all? And I have troubles remembering what I did or who I saw just 1 month ago, and they didn't get the film developed for six months?

Having read some, but not all, of this thread I can say this with all certainty:

The "placebo effect" is a powerful, yet poorly understood phenomenon.

It's reproducible, to be sure(it's a medically recognized event), but for some reason does not occur in some individuals to any statistically significant degree. Yet for other's it is VERY significant.

Some aspects are "somewhat" understood(such as a release of endorphins), but other aspects of the "placebo effect" remains unknown, especially with respect to biological healing without standard explanation.

• Like 2

My back sciatic has been killing me,I been going to Pt 2 days a week

Since sept. were is my ghost healing me. Sometimes the pain gets so bad I wanna put a bullet in my head

My back sciatic has been killing me,I been going to Pt 2 days a week

Since sept. were is my ghost healing me. Sometimes the pain gets so bad I wanna put a bullet in my head

Beside's your sarcasm(just kidding), that IS a bad pain.

I suffered through it for many weeks, if not a few months.

See your doc for further evaluation, such as spinal stenosis, or pain meds to get you through the healing, if PT doesn't help.

HEALED? she looks as she has aged by 30 years in those 6 months.

• Like 3

Unexplained-mysteries.com is one of the very few forum out there on which die-hard skeptics, open-minded and believers debate various topics. The skeptic communities are too skeptical for me, so I do not belong there and believers forums to often comfort their beliefs between them and are shocked when someone beg to disagree. I do think it's a good thing to have our convictions challenged once in a while and here is the place to do so.

Edited by sam_comm
  • Like 1

HEALED? she looks as she has aged by 30 years in those 6 months.

I was going to say the same thing. :)

• Like 3

Unexplained-mysteries.com is one of the very few forum out there on which die-hard skeptics, open-minded and believers debate various topics. The skeptic communities are too skeptical for me, so I do not belong there and believers forums to often comfort their beliefs between them and are shocked when someone beg to disagree. I do think it's a good thing to have our convictions challenged once in a while and here is the place to do so.

Skeptics are not open-minded? Perhaps you are confusing us with cynics. :)

• Like 4

*Posts removed*

Will you please stay on topic and stop the bickering and personal attacks. - Thank you

Skeptics are not open-minded? Perhaps you are confusing us with cynics. :)

Oh no, a skeptic can very well be open minded. But some use a form of extreme skepticism very close to nihilism in which the existence of a phenomenon falling outside our current understanding of reality simply cannot be, hence the term ''die-hard skeptics''.

Edited by sam_comm

Oh no, a skeptic can very well be open minded. But some use a form of extreme skepticism very close to nihilism in which the existence of a phenomenon falling outside our current understanding of reality simply cannot be, hence the term ''die-hard skeptics''.

I believe you are describing cynics. Skeptics demand proper science where cynics have already decided. Cynics are anti-believers.

• Like 2

Rejecting certain phenomena as being non-existent does not imply nihilism.

Nihilism is the idea that life is inherently meaningless and attempts to find meaning in life are fruitless.

How does die-hard skepticism about ghosts (or anything else) imply that life is inherently meaningless?

• Like 2

@JesseCuster

You're refering to existential nihilism which is not what I mentionned. I was refering to a form of epistemological nihilism which can be viewed as an extreme form of skepticism on which all general knowledge or certain types of concepts and ideas are denied and dimissed according to one's point of view of reality.

Edited by sam_comm

I think this r just people's wishfull thinking. Some like to think they r the chosen one

I think this r just people's wishfull thinking. Some like to think they r the chosen one

Yeah, there is a certain component of narcississism associated with many first hand reports.

Edited by sinewave
  • Like 1

Well in relation to the original story, I am glad the old lady is better now, good luck to her....aaaaand if she wants to attribute that wellness to a camera flare or artifact that appeared in the image then more power to her. No white lady here i'm afraid.

I have to say coming from the 'Express' newspaper I am really surprised that they didn't say it was the spirit of Princess Diana, as she appears in every single addition of their newspaper in one way or another.

• Like 2

Sounds like the plot to a sitcom/soap opera. "Living With The Specter"

All hail mighty healing reflection glare

• Like 1

The following summer they went back to St Mary’s Church in Worstead and showed the slide to the vicar, who told them about a local legend that the White Lady was a healer who appeared when there was sickness.

The folklore also said that a man climbed into the church belfry on Christmas Eve in 1830, boasting he would kiss the White Lady if he saw her.

His friends later found him huddled in a corner whispering “I’ve seen her, I’ve seen her,” before dying.

New meaning to "Kiss of Death"?

• 2 weeks later...

the transition from a State of skepticism (which IMHO is a synonym for blindness) to a State of openness towards the paranormal to be truly genuine must inevitably pass through personal experience...an experience that is inexplicable to me may very well be for a skeptic ...until the same thing happens to him ...I was skeptical but once certain experiences I have had I have opened my eyes ...yesterday that I read by the skeptics seemed Gospel ...Today they are just empty words