Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

CNN Joins Tea Party: Delay ACA for 1 Year !

CyberKen

Things are not that bad; the American republic will persist. It has a national debt and policymakers are not helping, but with three percent or so annual growth at present spending the debt will go poof.

There are a number of things the US could do to help. First, stop all the talk about raising taxes, and actually reduce the corporate income tax which is driving capital overseas. Second, go on a capital works spending spree for much needed work, but mainly in the countryside, not just to please urban politicians and their unions. Third, liberalize trade even unilaterally if necessary, and finally, liberalize immigration.

Most of these measures have ingrained ideological opponents. Give in to them and the nation will decline relative to the rest of the world, faster and faster.

Blaming others for problems you now face is a very intelligent thing to do. So you have an amazing job, but it doesn't offer insurance? That doesn't seem right.

My job is amazing because I get to set my own schedule...I don't have a 'boss' so I have no one to answer to...and no I don't have insurance...I did...but then the Nazi Messiah came to town...now I don't. Not because they cancelled me but because I can no longer afford it.

It's great to be self-employed...and hey AgentOrange...guess what...I built that!

Let me guess...you are a regular Wal-Mart shopper aren't you? You have lots of tattoos...hey, most people do...well, most people that shop at Wal-Mart anyway...I don't really like going to the State Fair...that's why I shop at Target. Pretty much a normal, run of the mill crowd there...and you know what...Wal-mart's slogan is a lie...Target has the same pricing pretty much overall through out the store...they carry nicer 'crap' than Wally World and .... no bottom feeders running amok.

• Like 1

My job is amazing because I get to set my own schedule...I don't have a 'boss' so I have no one to answer to...and no I don't have insurance...I did...but then the Nazi Messiah came to town...now I don't. Not because they cancelled me but because I can no longer afford it.

It's great to be self-employed...and hey AgentOrange...guess what...I built that!

Let me guess...you are a regular Wal-Mart shopper aren't you? You have lots of tattoos...hey, most people do...well, most people that shop at Wal-Mart anyway...I don't really like going to the State Fair...that's why I shop at Target. Pretty much a normal, run of the mill crowd there...and you know what...Wal-mart's slogan is a lie...Target has the same pricing pretty much overall through out the store...they carry nicer 'crap' than Wally World and .... no bottom feeders running amok.

Man, you really hit some bad luck, huh fella? Strange that my insurance hasn't gotten to the unaffordable range, and actually has hardly gone up at all. Do I have alot of tattoos? Certainly? Do I have a college education? Most definitely. Do I have good job? Yup. Do I have insurance? Of course! Why would I want to burden other Americans if I get hurt? I do shop at Wal-Mart, but also Target. I really don't see how where you shop determines what type of person you are. That is kind of a crazy way of thinking.

Man, you really hit some bad luck, huh fella? Strange that my insurance hasn't gotten to the unaffordable range, and actually has hardly gone up at all. Do I have alot of tattoos? Certainly? Do I have a college education? Most definitely. Do I have good job? Yup. Do I have insurance? Of course! Why would I want to burden other Americans if I get hurt? I do shop at Wal-Mart, but also Target. I really don't see how where you shop determines what type of person you are. That is kind of a crazy way of thinking.

Well, I'm kind of a 'crazy' thinker...you know..out of the box crazy. So, you don't want to burden other American's if you get hurt huh? But you're good with burdening other American's to pay for inurance for millions of Wal-mart shoppers? ....and you fail to see the hypocrisy in any of that?

Well, I'm kind of a 'crazy' thinker...you know..out of the box crazy. So, you don't want to burden other American's if you get hurt huh? But you're good with burdening other American's to pay for inurance for millions of Wal-mart shoppers? ....and you fail to see the hypocrisy in any of that?

I don't really understand what you mean by that. $922 of my insurance premium already go to the uninsured. My taxes are not going up because of Obamacare, but my premiums should go down.

I don't really understand what you mean by that. $922 of my insurance premium already go to the uninsured. My taxes are not going up because of Obamacare, but my premiums should go down.

Your premiums are NOT going to go down dude!

• Like 1

Your premiums are NOT going to go down dude!

You don't know that for a fact. They sure aren't going up. Open season for my insurance is here now, and I have had the smallest increase in years. $48 a year is how much my insurance went up, with no changes in coverage. If everyone is insured, we won't be paying for $50 billion a year in medical bill for the uninsured.

You don't know that for a fact. They sure aren't going up. Open season for my insurance is here now, and I have had the smallest increase in years. $48 a year is how much my insurance went up, with no changes in coverage. If everyone is insured, we won't be paying for $50 billion a year in medical bill for the uninsured.

Here...eat this:

Investigative reporting from NBC News

Obama administration knew millions could not keep their health insurance

• Like 2

Here...eat this:

Investigative reporting from NBC News

Obama administration knew millions could not keep their health insurance

Ok? That is not surprising to me at all. Millions have plans that will only cover them in the event of an absolute catastrophe. If they break an arm..I'm still paying for it.

Here's what you aren't seeing Joc. We have alot of the same views. I am not all for the BS safety net programs. I don't want to pay to help anyone else at all. But, your idea of that stops at health insurance, because you too are uninsured. My unwanting to pay for others extends to health insurance, because I pay an extra $1,000 a year because people that think they are "healthy" and won't need insurance have something happen to them. I have said it once and I will say it again...I couldn't care less if Obamacare got repealed. But if that happens, don't make hospitals treat the uninsured that can't afford to pay for their treatment? Cash, credit, or get out.

Edited by Agent0range

Ok? That is not surprising to me at all. Millions have plans that will only cover them in the event of an absolute catastrophe. If they break an arm..I'm still paying for it.

Here's what you aren't seeing Joc. We have alot of the same views. I am not all for the BS safety net programs. I don't want to pay to help anyone else at all. But, your idea of that stops at health insurance, because you too are uninsured. My unwanting to pay for others extends to health insurance, because I pay an extra $1,000 a year because people that think they are "healthy" and won't need insurance have something happen to them. I have said it once and I will say it again...I couldn't care less if Obamacare got repealed. But if that happens, don't make hospitals treat the uninsured that can't afford to pay for their treatment? Cash, credit, or get out.

FYI: Cash, Credit or Get Out = Boutique Practice

Also, Obama Lied to the American People. What will be his NEXT lie ???

You came looking for a rational meaningful discussion with someone that you recently claimed has no intelligence?

That is correct. I was hoping to be wrong. It turns out I was not. At least you have a good memory.

Get used to disappointment.

Do we really need to go through it again? - OK. Again, it doesn’t matter what I get out of you. Either the prevailing image of your foot in your mouth or a rational discussion where you can support your position.

Not to you, obviously.

It really doesn’t. I know you aren’t going to contribute anything of value to this discussion. You just want to act up. That’s fine too. I can sit here and ask “A sphincter says what?” all day long. But I do have other things to do.

FYI: Cash, Credit or Get Out = Boutique Practice

Also, Obama Lied to the American People. What will be his NEXT lie ???

A politician lied?? Say it ain't so.

the last time we had a 'budget' was when Newt forced Clinton into one...and what happened? I remember Clinton bragging about the 'surplus' he created...

I agree with you, just have a couple of nit-picks. We have always had a Budget. It’s just that under Obama, he did not sign the House bill. The last such Budget was the 2008 under Bush. This allows Obama some wiggle room for Obamacare and other things.

There is no Utopia...it's a myth...

Actually, there is a Utopia out there. Our Founding Fathers referred to it as “forming a more perfect union”. We had it all along. There is no need to fundamentally change America.

tattoo crazed

Now, now… Good tattoo work is awesome and is not necessarily an indication of the intelligence of the collector. It’s a serious hobby and an addiction. You’d be surprised by the number of professionals that collect. We all aren’t teenage girls or criminals :yes: There are a lot of scratchers and really bad work out there but don’t let that taint the hobby. Now with that said, bad work could very well be indicative of the Wal Mart mentality.

• Like 1

That is correct. I was hoping to be wrong. It turns out I was not. At least you have a good memory.

I have absolutely no intention of having a "discussion" with anyone who's sole aim here is to abuse and insult anyone that dares to disagrees with them.

Do we really need to go through it again? - OK. Again, it doesn't matter what I get out of you.

Then get used to disappointment.

It really doesn't. I know you aren't going to contribute anything of value to this discussion.

I think you'll find that I'm contributing to the overall discussion just fine. Just not in response to you.

Nor do I have any intention of holding a conversation with you, on any subject, ever again.

Just so we're absolutely clear.

Yeah, that's like my wife coming to me with the 'budget'...Okay honey, we are buying a boat, a new house, several diamond rings, a ski trip, a trip to Paris, 4 new cars, and a Lear Jet. And how do you expect me to pay for all of that dear? Well, sweetheart, you need to take on another job, plus, we are going to make all our neighbors chip in for the goods as well. I see darling, but you have to understand that is not going to happen...we are not going to buy all that stuff! Okay, your right honey, forget the ski trip....

That isn't a budget Tiggs! A budget is this...we make x amount of dollars per year...and we spend no more than x amount.

Really, honestly...Washington DC and budget??? Republicans or Democrats...the last time we had a 'budget' was when Newt forced Clinton into one...and what happened? I remember Clinton bragging about the 'surplus' he created...

And afterwards, with a Republican Congress and President?

The Republicans are only interested in promoting balanced budgets when the Democrats have power, because it limits their ability to make changes.

When is the sickening political hackery going to end on either side of the aisle. F the Democrats. F the Republicans.

The sickening political hackery is never going to end, Joc. Not while both wings of the Media can legally lie about anything they want, with no actual consequences..

Are you really unable to see what is happening to America? What is the end result of all of this Tiggs? From my perspective...it all ends in one place...Totalitarian Goverment. There is no Utopia...it's a myth...ever go to your local Wal-mart? Well, go someday and just look around...THIS is what America has become. An overweight, lazy, untintelligent, tattoo crazed slob of a Government Handout!

They're not all overweight, lazy, untintelligent, tattoo crazed slobs.

Many of them are children, and veterans, and the elderly and the disabled.

All of whom rely on those social safety nets.

There are no federal unemployment benefits for life - or at least - none that I'm aware of.

Edited by Tiggs
  • Like 1

Things are not that bad; the American republic will persist. It has a national debt and policymakers are not helping, but with three percent or so annual growth at present spending the debt will go poof.

The running average may be about 3% over the past 50 years but actual is currently around 1.6%.

There are a number of things the US could do to help. First, stop all the talk about raising taxes, and actually reduce the corporate income tax which is driving capital overseas.

This is correct. We need to find ways to encourage job creation here but things like taxes and Obamacare seem to kill that incentive.

Second, go on a capital works spending spree for much needed work, but mainly in the countryside, not just to please urban politicians and their unions.

This is what the meaning of “Promoting the General Welfare” was. Roads and Bridges are far more beneficial to maintaining good health than cramming Obamacare down our throats. Everyone will use at least one road in their life. Not everyone needs Health Insurance. That is why the Constitution didn’t say to Pass out Dole”.

Third, liberalize trade even unilaterally if necessary, and finally, liberalize immigration.

I think this is too vague. Can you be more specific? Liberalize immigration would not be very smart and I’ll give you an example why. Given the logistics for it to happen, if everyone on the planet decides that tomorrow, they will immigrate to America, America will no longer be American. It would be a mix of Chinese and Indian. The point being that immigration must be strictly controlled so that those that are legal immigrants can acclimate and absorb into our culture. This isn’t to deny one’s heritage. It’s to assure that one’s heritage adds to our culture, not take it over or divide it.

Most of these measures have ingrained ideological opponents. Give in to them and the nation will decline relative to the rest of the world, faster and faster.

Wow, that is amazing coming from a non American!

It looks like ObamaCare will be delayed for 1 Year.

Obama got caught by NBC News AND Megyn Kelly.

It looks like NBC tried to pull a fast one but got caught. Bummer.

EditGate 2.0 ?

post-142056-0-73781400-1383069481_thumb.

With over 10 Million Americans getting thrown off their Health Insurance Plans, some people may actually die!

Obama Lied : People Died

Chaos is part of the Master Plan : Single Payer - American Public Option.

post-142056-0-62237400-1383140953_thumb.

• Like 1

And afterwards, with a Republican Congress and President?

The Republicans are only interested in promoting balanced budgets when the Democrats have power, because it limits their ability to make changes.

I believe they had balanced budgets when W was in with both sides Republicans.

The sickening political hackery is never going to end, Joc. Not while both wings of the Media can legally lie about anything they want, with no actual consequences..

Both sides of the Media? Oh, you must be talking about Rush Limbaugh, Talk Radio and Fox news. I've been listening to Rush, Hannity, and Mark Levin for a number of years...I don't ever remember them lying about anything. On the other hand...the AP is nothing but a front group for the Democrats. The Media is a branch of the government...they are the Propganda Branch.

How about this: How about if a sitting President lies to the American people...we impeach him. Fair enough? And please don't retort back about no WMD in Iraq...did you forget that Obama was threatening to attack Syria? Who can say but we do know that the late Ghadaffi took Mustard Gas from Iraq...why not Syria as well...and most definitely Iran...isn't it by the way, interesting how suddenly after Iraq, Iran is head over heels into the Centrifuge game? but I digress....

They're not all overweight, lazy, untintelligent, tattoo crazed slobs.

Many of them are children, and veterans, and the elderly and the disabled.

All of whom rely on those social safety nets.

There are no federal unemployment benefits for life - or at least - none that I'm aware of.

The disabled...and a few others do need assistance. The children? They are just going to become part of the Welfare State and become fat, stupid and ugly with tattoos on their necks ...just like Mommy.

Edited by joc

I believe they had balanced budgets when W was in with both sides Republicans.

Then you should probably take another look at the list of figures I posted earlier. Spending outweighed income throughout Bush's entire time in office.

Both sides of the Media? Oh, you must be talking about Rush Limbaugh, Talk Radio and Fox news. I've been listening to Rush, Hannity, and Mark Levin for a number of years...I don't ever remember them lying about anything. On the other hand...the AP is nothing but a front group for the Democrats. The Media is a branch of the government...they are the Propganda Branch.

When I say both sides of the Media - I mean both sides of the Media.

Whichever side of the fence you're on - if you don't think that there are media elements batting exclusively for your team's political gain - then you're very much mistaken.

How about this: How about if a sitting President lies to the American people...we impeach him. Fair enough? And please don't retort back about no WMD in Iraq...did you forget that Obama was threatening to attack Syria? Who can say but we do know that the late Ghadaffi took Mustard Gas from Iraq...why not Syria as well...and most definitely Iran...isn't it by the way, interesting how suddenly after Iraq, Iran is head over heels into the Centrifuge game? but I digress....

You can try to impeach a President for pretty much anything you like. You could impeach him for chewing gum, if you wanted to.

The much more interesting question is how are you going to get a veto-proof majority in the Senate to agree with you?

The disabled...and a few others do need assistance. The children? They are just going to become part of the Welfare State and become fat, stupid and ugly with tattoos on their necks ...just like Mommy.

So which is it. Joc? Can anyone become a productive member of society, or are these kids predestined for failure due to circumstance?

Then you should probably take another look at the list of figures I posted earlier. Spending outweighed income throughout Bush's entire time in office.

Year. Income. Spending. Income - Spending aka Deficit

2000 2,025,191 1,788,950 236,241

2001 1,991,082 1,862,846 128,236 9/11 happened

2002 1,853,136 2,010,894 -157,758 war happened

2003 1,782,314 2,159,899 -377,585 war intensifies

2004 1,880,114 2,292,841 -412,727 war ...but look, the income level is increasing

2005 2,153,611 2,471,957 -318,346 war ... the income level is still increasing

2006 2,406,869 2,655,050 -248,181 war ... the income level is still increasing

2007 2,567,985 2,728,686 -160,701 war ... the income level is still increasing

2008 2,523,991 2,982,544 -458,553 war ... the income level is still increasing

2009 2,104,989 3,517,677 -1,412,688 Obama comes to town...look what happened to income

2010 2,162,706 3,457,079 -1,294,373 Income slightly up unemployment still high

2011 2,303,466 3,603,059 -1,299,593 Income slightly up unemployment still high

2012 2,450,164 3,537,127 -1,086,963 Income slightly up unemployment still high

2013e. 2,712,045 3,684,947 -972,902 In your dreams

2014e. 3,033,618 3,777,807 -744,189

2015e. 3,331,685 3,908,157 -576,472

2016e. 3,561,451 4,089,836 -528,385

2017e. 3,760,542 4,247,448 -486,906

2018e. 3,973,974 4,449,240 -475,266

When I say both sides of the Media - I mean both sides of the Media.Whichever side of the fence you're on - if you don't think that there are media elements batting exclusively for your team's political gain - then you're very much mistaken.

Yes they are...but one side is deceitful and other one..not so much.

You can try to impeach a President for pretty much anything you like. You could impeach him for chewing gum, if you wanted to.The much more interesting question is how are you going to get a veto-proof majority in the Senate to agree with you?

Bingo

So which is it. Joc? Can anyone become a productive member of society, or are these kids predestined for failure due to circumstance?

Both, anyone who wants to bad enough can become a productive member of society...but The Mama Bear teaches her cubs how to hunt and what to eat. If you don't think the welfare state is inter-generational then you are mistaken.

Edited by joc

Year. Income. Spending. Income - Spending aka Deficit

2000 2,025,191 1,788,950 236,241

2001 1,991,082 1,862,846 128,236 9/11 happened

2002 1,853,136 2,010,894 -157,758 war happened

2003 1,782,314 2,159,899 -377,585 war intensifies

2004 1,880,114 2,292,841 -412,727 war ...but look, the income level is increasing

2005 2,153,611 2,471,957 -318,346 war ... the income level is still increasing

2006 2,406,869 2,655,050 -248,181 war ... the income level is still increasing

2007 2,567,985 2,728,686 -160,701 war ... the income level is still increasing

2008 2,523,991 2,982,544 -458,553 war ... the income level is still increasing

2009 2,104,989 3,517,677 -1,412,688 Obama comes to town...look what happened to income

So - it's okay to not have a balanced budget during times of war?

It's almost as if you're advocating spending more during the bad times...

And... the 2009 budget is Bush's. Perhaps you forgot the bit where he almost tanked the entire global economy.

Yes they are...but one side is deceitful and other one..not so much.

Let me guess - your side isn't and the other side is?

How's the Euthanasia side of the Obamacare program shaping up, exactly?

Both, anyone who wants to bad enough can become a productive member of society...but The Mama Bear teaches her cubs how to hunt and what to eat. If you don't think the welfare state is inter-generational then you are mistaken.

Poverty during childhood does physically effect brain development - here's the Science on that.

The lack of opportunity is also inter-generational. Even for the non-tattooed ones. Upward mobility in the US is lagging way behind "Socialist" Europe.

Edited by Tiggs

Getting back on topic, the ObamaCare 1 Year Delay looks more probable. Obama got 4 Pinocchios from the Washington Post.

He got caught lying to the American people. This particular lie effects the wallets of millions of Americans.

Democrat Operative:

It's his Titanic moment. Obama has hit the iceberg but they keep acting like no water is coming into the ship.

BTW, polling data is going down.

post-142056-0-13009300-1383238231_thumb.