Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Three men arrested over 'Bigfoot' shooting

UM-Bot

Three amateur Bigfoot hunters ended up is custody after one of them accidentally shot one of his friends.

According to the Oklahoma Sheriff's Department, the three men had been attempting to hunt down the elusive hominid on Saturday night when one of them became spooked, believing he'd run in to the legendary creature, and managed to put a bullet in his friend's back instead.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...igfoot-shooting

This happens every hunting season in upstate NY, USA, when the reckless and irresponsible "hunter" breaks a cardinal hunting safety rule, and fires at something without being certain of what it is--and it turns out to be a hunting companion.

Now in this semi-legal, semi-real sport of "Bigfoot Hunting," that's a normally hard and fast hunting rule which may be easier to violate than respect. If you "don't know what it is," that must equate to "It's Bigfoot!" at least in certain individuals of dubious skill and prudence with firearms. "Gun control" should start with misbehavior such as this.

• Like 3

Don't play with guns. No serious hunter hunts big foot. Even it was real why kill it? I hope the shooter gets serious jail tine to send a strong message. "Identify target and surrounds"

Edited by Chooky88

Don't play with guns. No serious hunter hunts big foot. Even it was real why kill it? I hope the shooter gets serious jail tine to send a strong message. "Identify target and surrounds"

I do.

Acting silly and guns don't mix. Simple concept that many refuse to accept.

Ya' can't fix stupid......but you can shoot it.

• Like 1

How do you arrest all three?

I'm assuming only ONE of them shot.

The victim and the bystander get arrested for what? (Other than being dumb)

• Like 2

I just read about this today.

How do you arrest all three?

I'm assuming only ONE of them shot.

The victim and the bystander get arrested for what? (Other than being dumb)

Actually it was the shooter, his dad and his wife that were arrested. The dad was arrested for concealing evidence (threw the rifle into a pond), and the wife for lying during the police investiation (She said it was a stranger that fired the shots).

• Like 2

They could make this into a film, I can see the disclaimer now: no actual bigfoot were harmed during this hunt......

• Like 5

HA HA HA!!!!!!! Bigfoot and idiots, the perfect match. HA HA HA!!!!!!!

Apparently where they were "hunting" there has never, ever been a bigfoot reported. I like what the Sheriff said.....

"To our knowledge, no Bigfoot sightings in Rogers County," Walton said. "I think our focus is career criminals and thugs, and we're going to stay focused on that and let somebody else go after Bigfoot."

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/11/04/3-arrested-after-man-shot-during-bigfoot-hunting-expedition/

They could have just used other device to capture one and do more investigations instead of actually killing it to avoid accidents just like this. Guns are not the only solution to things.

Okay, sure. They could be trigger happy bigfoot hunters, anything is possible. But my guess? There is a lot more to this story and bigfoot hunters spooked by (bigfoot) noises is getting the blame... for more nefarious or stupid activity.

Does anyone know if this happened at night or daylight hours?

Edited by QuiteContrary

One of the mental tests to be applied before issuing a gun permit ought to be, "Do you think Bigfoot is real." All affirmative responses should be denied the permit on grounds of insanity.

• Like 4

I'm not a serious hunter but I would seriously hunt bigfoot if I had time to kill.

I think that hunting and SPOTTING one would take most of the time..... killing one not so much.

I think that hunting and SPOTTING one would take most of the time..... killing one not so much.

Spotting one proves nothing: ya gotta drag in the corpse to convince people. Problem is it will be your husband or friend's corpse.
  • Like 2

If anything the guys Hunting permit should be taken away if he had one for other animals.

• Like 2

One of the mental tests to be applied before issuing a gun permit ought to be, "Do you think Bigfoot is real." All affirmative responses should be denied the permit on grounds of insanity.

Put them through a specialized Hogan's Alley: "Shoot the Big Bad Bigfoot"

Include some howls and infrasound and have them read some creepy encounters beforehand.

Only there aren't any bigfoot at all, and see how the popups fare: Tree stumps, bear, Bobo, etc

• Like 1

Does anyone know if this happened at night or daylight hours?

It was at night.

HA HA HA!!!!!!! Bigfoot and idiots, the perfect match. HA HA HA!!!!!!!

While I think it's a terrible tragedy and I am glad no one had died.......but for real? You go looking for a Bigfoot to shoot and you're so dumb and scared that you shoot your own hunting mate?!? WTF is that all about?

Although, I do recall getting shot at by a good ole boy down in Georgia who fired at my hunting partner and I once. Mind you it was ten in the morning and this guy was out "hunting" he'd already drank one twelve pack and was working on the second when he spotted us several hundred meters away.....wearing blaze orange and walking on two legs and decided to open fire. Since I'm not sure if the statute of limitations has run out, I can't really say any more. However, I gave up deer hunting shortly there after. The worst combination to encounter is stupidity, alcohol and firearms on a cold morning in Georgia. It's guys like that that give real hunters a bad name.

• Like 2

I do.

No you don't play with guns. Your good first post proves it :-) I own guns and I hunt... goats, cats and foxes mostly in Western Australia. I just don't play with em. Guns that is, not dead animals!

Ya' can't fix stupid......but you can shoot it.

What happened to the good old days just hunting wabbits?

2311723124_e2fa3063f7.jpg

• Like 2

personally I think guns should be issued to all bigfoot hunters, and told to shoot on sight. Then let natural selection sort them out.

Mike

While I think it's a terrible tragedy and I am glad no one had died.......but for real? You go looking for a Bigfoot to shoot and you're so dumb and scared that you shoot your own hunting mate?!? WTF is that all about?

Although, I do recall getting shot at by a good ole boy down in Georgia who fired at my hunting partner and I once. Mind you it was ten in the morning and this guy was out "hunting" he'd already drank one twelve pack and was working on the second when he spotted us several hundred meters away.....wearing blaze orange and walking on two legs and decided to open fire. Since I'm not sure if the statute of limitations has run out, I can't really say any more. However, I gave up deer hunting shortly there after. The worst combination to encounter is stupidity, alcohol and firearms on a cold morning in Georgia. It's guys like that that give real hunters a bad name.

As bad as the same combo on a cold, rainy morning in Maine, the day I gave up deer hunting.