Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Guns save lives thread

F3SS

Ripped from the headlines... they paid a price, but because they were armed, not the ultimate one:

(CNN) - Two Gonzaga University students are on probation for the rest of their time at the Washington state school for using a gun to scare a man they say was trying to barge into their apartment...

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/12/us/gonzaga-students-guns-probation/

People claim that universal registration and background checks will keep guns out of the hands of criminals and crazy people. This is patently false, they are either lying or ignorant. In Haynes v. US, SCOTUS ruled that a convicted felon (or by extension, any other prohibited party) cannot be charged with failure to register or submit to a background check because it would violate their 5th Amendment right against self-incrimmination. Legally, only law abiding citizens can be charged with these crimes.

• Like 2

These folks went packing to find their kidnapped family member.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=20851890

And even more reason we need to be able to bear arms, the police simply didn't care in this instance.

• Like 3

These folks went packing to find their kidnapped family member.

http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=20851890

That story was heart warming. I'm so glad the district attorney choose to not charge them with anything. That was the right thing to do.

I hope my family does that if I get kid napped

• Like 3

And even more reason we need to be able to bear arms, the police simply didn't care in this instance.

Yeah, that disturbed me too. The cops just thought there was more important things to do.

I know if my family/friends were in mortal danger, I wouldn't wait for the system to work for me either.

Edited by supervike
  • Like 2

Yeah, that disturbed me too. The cops just thought there was more important things to do.

I know if my family/friends were in mortal danger, I wouldn't wait for the system to work for me either.

I agree. Unfortunately, it seems the trend right now is that those who take matters into their own hands are bad guys, often being equated as 'just as wrong' as the criminal who caused it.

• Like 2

I agree. Unfortunately, it seems the trend right now is that those who take matters into their own hands are bad guys, often being equated as 'just as wrong' as the criminal who caused it.

yea, cuz they don't want everyone to see how useless they actually are, so they make you look like criminal, to save their face.

yea, cuz they don't want everyone to see how useless they actually are, so they make you look like criminal, to save their face.

Well, I suspect there's a bigger picture to it than that. To start, it's the DA that charges people with crimes, not the police. On the big picture, I'm sure we both agree that overall our government wants us to run to them with every problem, instead of solving it ourselves. Like those guys at Gonzaga, who are on academic probation because they brandished a gun on an intruder. Think about that; they are being punished for defending themselves. The actual rule they broke was having a firearm on the grounds.... good thing they broke that rule, they might be 6 feet under otherwise.

• Like 1

it doesn't really matter, they are part of the same system.

I agree that they are part of the same system, but changing the problem doesn't start with them. It starts with the legislators, then those who interpret the rules, then finally those who enforce the rules.

It would be like getting mad at the McDonald's cashier for the company rule "no dogs allowed in the restaurant".

Like those guys at Gonzaga, who are on academic probation because they brandished a gun on an intruder. Think about that; they are being punished for defending themselves. The actual rule they broke was having a firearm on the grounds.... good thing they broke that rule, they might be 6 feet under otherwise.

exelent example and proof for gun hatters, you don't always have to shoot the gun, for it to work. the crook took off from mere sight of the gun.

gunhatters kepp telling us lies that guns in homes hurt those in homes, well, they are full of sht.

I agree that they are part of the same system, but changing the problem doesn't start with them. It starts with the legislators, then those who interpret the rules, then finally those who enforce the rules.

It would be like getting mad at the McDonald's cashier for the company rule "no dogs allowed in the restaurant".

well legeslators are also part of the same system. all of them equaly responcible. cuz otherways if you start looking at separate branches no one actually is responcible.

my anology would be a coat that doesn't sit right, that was made by 50 different ppl, and each one looks like did their job fine, but at the end the coat still does not sit right, but no one did anything wrong.

Edited by aztek

Found a good hometown one about three stooges.

Thugs Learn the Hard Way What Happens ‘When You Bring a Toy Gun to a Real Gun Fight’

Three men suspected of using a pellet gun to rob a pizza delivery driver in western Pennsylvania Tuesday got a shock when they discovered the driver was packing a bigger gun, Police said.

The driver, Hal Perry, said he was called out to what sounded like a “legitimate” address. When he arrived, three men approached him. One quickly stepped in back of Perry and that’s when he knew something wasn’t right.

The men demanded his money.

“I went to an address that looked legitimate to me. I got out of the vehicle, and three of them came around the corner. One of them walked behind me and I knew something was wrong. Then one grabbed the wings, one went over to the van and one tried going through my pockets,” Perry told WPXI.com.

The men searched the driver’s pants and his car. When they tired of that, they grabbed the order of chicken wings – and then Perry pulled his gun.

“I didn’t know if (the one searching me) had a knife so I took a couple steps back, bent over and drew my weapon. As soon as they saw that, they took off running. As they left they threw something. It turned out to be a pellet gun,” Perry said.

Police soon arrived on the scene and the driver offered them detailed descriptions of the suspects.

Tyler Hall, 18, and Dorian Ellis, 18, were arrested after police found them sitting on a street corner eating the chicken wings. The third suspect, who took off on foot, was later found in Ohio.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/11/15/why-do-a-stupid-thing-like-that-armed-delivery-driver-stunned-after-bandits-use-pellet-gun-to-rob-him-of-an-order-of-chicken-wings/

• Like 2

That will apply to the survival impaired CITY people. The rural people and rural raised people tend to live together and help each other out, in peace. These are also the people most likely to own multiple firearms and be familiar with them, and the most likely to be safe with them. There is no police in the country side. State police and county sheriffs perhaps, but they are few and far between.

It will be the Urban people (Who many think are the ONLY people who matter) who will fail if there is a revolution.

Very few are rural people, and even then most are still dependent on the same JIT system, especially those who "own multiple firearms."

The US classifies 20% of their population as Rural. So you are right in that the 80% of the population that is Urban will be affected, and the Rural will be "very few".

What you wrote changes nothing about the Truth of what I wrote. The urban people will be most affected, and they are the lesser educated, and the lesser likely to own multiple firearms.

Also it does not change the fact that many politicians think it is only the urban people who matter.

Even 20% of the population (59 million) with small arms are enough to overrun just about any military base inside the US. If you have 50 to one men in your favor, even advanced technology is not going to save you. Ask the Nazis about the Soviet invasion. Also ask the Afghan resistance fighters, as well as gorilla fighers worldwide, how unbeatable technology has not beaten them.

• Like 3

The US classifies 20% of their population as Rural. So you are right in that the 80% of the population that is Urban will be affected, and the Rural will be "very few".

What you wrote changes nothing about the Truth of what I wrote. The urban people will be most affected, and they are the lesser educated, and the lesser likely to own multiple firearms.

Also it does not change the fact that many politicians think it is only the urban people who matter.

Even 20% of the population (59 million) with small arms are enough to overrun just about any military base inside the US. If you have 50 to one men in your favor, even advanced technology is not going to save you. Ask the Nazis about the Soviet invasion. Also ask the Afghan resistance fighters, as well as gorilla fighers worldwide, how unbeatable technology has not beaten them.

Can anyone say...Fly Over Country?

• Like 1

We're very rural.

And If the sh!t hit the fan, me and my family would be just fine. We're prepared. :tu:

• 2 weeks later...

http://foxct.com/2013/11/25/its-a-boy-for-dr-william-and-christine-petit/?hpt=us_bn7#ixzz2lfO33cI4

We've referenced Dr. William Petit because of his tragedy, I thought putting this in here showing some good news for the man would be appropriate.

• Like 2

Knight of Shadows said that all of the Syrian rebels were from the military. How to fight a big powerful military is through that big powerful military. It's a proven formula.

I remember when the Polish tankers turned their guns away from their own people in defiance of the government's orders and I knew that was the beginning of the end for the Bolsheviks in Poland.

• Like 2

Rural folk, those who live in the suburbs, and those who live in particular cities will be particularly affected given the long distances needed to bring food, medicine, fuel, and ammo across thousands of miles.

The point about overrunning bases is wishful thinking based on Hollywood movies. The reality, as pointed out in the article mentioned earlier, is that very few are prepped for survival, and even then they will be too busy fending for themselves, if not fighting with each other.

The last part, which implicitly compares 20 pct of the population with Afghan guerrilla fighters, is highly questionable. I'm sure there are a few people in the U.S. who have a life that is as difficult as those of Afghan fighters, who mostly have no land, very few belongings, have to more around constantly, and who often face difficulties with firearms and ammo, but likely not 60 million.

Edited by MonkeyLove

I think there should be a limit to have how many guns a person should have.

Exactly. It should be zero.

Exactly. It should be zero.

I don't think you should own a car, or anybody else. It is my righteous opinion that they are dangerous, unnecessary killing machines. I know what's best for other people and either me or the government will make sure you understand just how responsible you are. You're not capable of figuring that out yourself.

• Like 2

I´m aware of the fact that discussions about the right to carry weapons in the US always touch multiple hotspots and it´s not my claim to join into

these discussions in general because as I cannot vote in the US to change something. But besides that, I have my opinions on the issue and

even an US citizen isn´t in the position to judge what I can figure out or not.