Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Voters Reject All Britain's Political Parties

Space Commander Travis

Nearly half of voters feel "alienated" from Britain's political parties and have admitted they will not vote for any of them, according to new research. :clap:

* Read more! :D --> http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/11/15/voters-reject-political-parties_n_4279215.html?1384504241&utm_hp_ref=uk

What surprises me is that the Media and the Pundits seem to find this so astonishing and shocking.

"Posing worrying questions about the future of democracy in the UK, the stark results showed older people are much more likely to vote, with young adults being even more "disengaged" with British politics."

Actually I think I'd say it's very encouraging, since it means that People aren't so easily conned by the self-serving con artists as in the days when they'd loyally go out and vote for one lot or the other lot without giving it any thought at all.

• Like 1

Nearly half of voters feel "alienated" from Britain's political parties and have admitted they will not vote for any of them, according to new research. :clap:

* Read more! :D --> http://www.huffingto...1&utm_hp_ref=uk

What surprises me is that the Media and the Pundits seem to find this so astonishing and shocking.

Actually I think I'd say it's very encouraging, since it means that People aren't so easily conned by the self-serving con artists as in the days when they'd loyally go out and vote for one lot or the other lot without giving it any thought at all.

What most British people want -

No immigration

No EU

Return of manufacturing and mining industries to pre-Thatcher era

Death penalty for serious crimes

Capital punishment for minor crimes

Family values

Properly functioning communities

Military and economic superpower status

Unfortunately the political system is closed down using the help of the media to prevent parties offering it getting power.

• Like 2

Not voting just makes sure the zealots get thier way, don't you think?

A threat to the whole process of Democracy,when you think that Hitler gained power by a minority vote and then seized total control.

Dictatorships are born of Apathy...

• Like 1

Non-voters cast two votes: 1 against the party they used to vote for and 1 for the radicals that would have never gotten a noticeable portion of the votes to start with.

If you don't vote, don't be surprised to have the Anarcho-Trotzkists sitting in parliament suddenly

Edited by questionmark

What most British people want -

No immigration

No EU

Return of manufacturing and mining industries to pre-Thatcher era

Family values

Properly functioning communities

Military and economic superpower status

Unfortunately the political system is closed down using the help of the media to prevent parties offering it getting power.

If the population of Britain consisted of just you, I imagine that would be correct.

• Like 2

Not voting just makes sure the zealots get thier way, don't you think?

What zealots are they? The conservative and labour parties, who over the decades have comprehensively :)^**!!^&*ed up the country through either their dogma or their incompetence, or most often both?

I'm hoping you mean corporal punishment there/ :unsure2:

Non-voters cast two votes: 1 against the party they used to vote for and 1 for the radicals that would have never gotten a noticeable portion of the votes to start with.

If you don't vote, don't be surprised to have the Anarcho-Trotzkists sitting in parliament suddenly

Radicals? When were there last any radicals in British politics? If only there were some Anarcho-Troskyists. All there is the flippin' UKIP, who I suppose are the UK version of the Tea Party but are more like the vicar's tea party, with soft drinks only.

• Like 1

A threat to the whole process of Democracy,when you think that Hitler gained power by a minority vote and then seized total control.

Dictatorships are born of Apathy...

Dictatorship happened between 1979 and 1990, when the Lady (pbuh) kept being voted in again and again and again.. and again in 1997 & 2001 when the maniac Blair kept conning the People to voting for him. There was precious little Democratic about either of those glorious regimes.

Radicals? When were there last any radicals in British politics? If only there were some Anarcho-Troskyists. All there is the flippin' UKIP, who I suppose are the UK version of the Tea Party but are more like the vicar's tea party, with soft drinks only.

yeh, keep forgetting that all parties in Britain are either labor,liberal democrats, Tories or UKIP, the rest are either Oxford or Cambridge debating clubs....

If the population of Britain consisted of just you, I imagine that would be correct.

Of course in a Democracy there are a range of views. However a lot of people in Britain are unhappy because they haven't been represented at any point over the last 60 years. While you may feel represented about half of us don't as the news site link shows.

UKIP is currently the best shot but the media who go from being onboard with Labour to Conservative and back to Labour again will pick off UKIP in anyway they can. They will only make it if they are squeeky clean, in fact cleaner than clean. They have already been portrayed as oddballs, extremists, chauvanists and it won't stop there.

We need changes to our Democracy to force free and fair elections without media enterprise propaganda.

Edited by SilentHunter
  • Like 1

yeh, keep forgetting that all parties in Britain are either labor,liberal democrats, Tories or UKIP, the rest are either Oxford or Cambridge debating clubs....

To be honest names and ideology have become blurred in recent times,Corporate cash changes policies,and the politicians always throw a few crumbs to the Electorate at election time.

Cap the donations and make Elections a little more interesting and unpredictable.Let the Political elite work for their votes.

Of course in a Democracy there are a range of views. However a lot of people in Britain are unhappy because they haven't been represented at any point over the last 60 years. While you may feel represented about half of us don't as the news site link shows.

UKIP is currently the best shot but the media who go from being onboard with Labour to Conservative and back to Labour again will pick off UKIP in anyway they can. They will only make it if they are squeeky clean, in fact cleaner than clean. They have already been portrayed as oddballs, extremists, chauvanists and it won't stop there.

We need changes to our Democracy to force free and fair elections without media enterprise propaganda.

Actually, I also don't feel very well represented. But that doesn't mean I agree with you. Equally, the 50% who are not satisfied probably don't agree with either of us.