Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Do We Live in the Matrix?

Still Waters

I'd be worried if some guy asked me to take pills though.

David icke definatley thinks we live in the matrix and that those movies were a blatant in your face telling you what he thinks is the truth .

I'd be worried if some guy asked me to take pills though.

aint that what doctors do ask you to take pills for almost anything nowdays ? for me it depends on the pills , ive had some great nights out on pills and some not so great lol.

• Like 1

aint that what doctors do ask you to take pills for almost anything nowdays ? for me it depends on the pills , ive had some great nights out on pills and some not so great lol.

How about a guy that you just met on the net and he takes you to an abandoned house?

Yes we do.. but we can manipulate the matrix and bend it to our will.

This is something David Icke points out also.

It's what in ancient time they called magic.

Chewbacca-quote.jpg

lol some of us still live in Star Wars :whistle:

Chewbacca-quote.jpg

lol some of us still live in Star Wars :whistle:

I think the quote is something that I could hear from Chewie's....ahem, personal home video.

Anyway, if the world is the Matrix, I am pretty damn sure the creator(s) did not have the benign intention.

As it's been said, if it's possible to create a computer-moddled universe, it probably has been done. Whether we live in one is open to speculation. Perhaps one day we will discover a serial number and copyright notice imbedded somewhere in the fabric of space time. We may be a HIgh School science project created by some anxious teenager out of adolescent spite.

All this seems biological to me, though. I don't feel like a computer program, and I haven't noticed any glitches that might make me think I am one. If this universe is a computer program, my only hope is that some other programmer with more intelligence creates better universes than this one. Maybe some day he will include me in that more enjoyable matrix so I can have a nicer life than I've had in this one.

• Like 1

David icke definatley thinks we live in the matrix and that those movies were a blatant in your face telling you what he thinks is the truth

The Matrix was just a modern version of the philosophical thought experiment "Are we brains in a vat?". This idea has been around since... whoa, Plato? Really? That's what it says.

• Like 2

Tests could reveal whether we are part of a giant computer simulation - but the real question is if we want to know...

http://discovermagaz...ix#.UozSWieg4dX

There are other evidences that we live in a simulation also. The thing to consider though is efficiency. When we make a simulation we try to make it efficient. Efficient entities are more stable through time. Our universe might not be a simulation... It might just be smart.

Whether we live in a real life Matrix if debatable. But I believe we certainly live in a Matrix in terms of society.

Think about it in the Matrix everyone goes about their day working for their wage etc. When out side of the matrix people are fighting for survival.

To me that is kinda reminiscent of the 1st and 3rd world, people in "1st world" countries (America, Australia, UK) have it relatively easy, you go to work to pay for bills and food.

Where as in the "3rd world" countries (Mainly Africa and Asia), in a lot of the parts in those countries people need to rations a days worth of food over a week and worry about people raping, killing and not being about to anything to stop it.

These are just some of the basic examples of the differences (if I tried to compare the entire thing this post would have been massive).

I don't about anyone else here but to me that seems like it is a very real "Matrix" that people are living in.

I think we do in some form, perhaps as fully bored consciosnesses who made what we now know to give 'interest' to existance with the limitations we currently are all aware of.

Perhaps its been done for sooo long that we became enmeshed and lost in our 'Virtual Reality' simulation or maybe not.

And maybe, spiritualism is our way ou, as lead by folks who have 'Mastered' our reality and left tantalising clues for the rest to follow should they decide to.

Yes it is. And a Switzerland nobel priced scientist proved it.

http://discovermagaz...am#.Uo73b3-9KK0

I gather you didn't read that? The holographic universe doesn't imply we live in a computer simulation

"The strangest version of all parallel universe proposals is one that emerged gradually over 30 years of theoretical studies on the quantum properties of black holes. The work culminated in the last decade, and it suggests, remarkably, that all we experience is nothing but a holographic projection of processes taking place on some distant surface that surrounds us. You can pinch yourself, and what you feel will be real, but it mirrors a parallel process taking place in a different, distant reality."

It's saying 3D reality is a projection from a 2D surface. Nothing to do with the simulation argument http://www.simulation-argument.com/

Edited by Rlyeh