Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nuclear Deal With Iran Prelude to War

Phaeton80

Some interesting information / an interesting interpretation, regarding the recent deal with Iran and the 'dramatic' reaction from Israel.. Analyse & judge for yourselves.

November 26, 2013 (Tony Cartalucci) - "...any military operation against Iran will likely be very unpopular around the world and require the proper international context—both to ensure the logistical support the operation would require and to minimize the blowback from it. The best way to minimize international opprobrium and maximize support (however, grudging or covert) is to strike only when there is a widespread conviction that the Iranians were given but then rejected a superb offer—one so good that only a regime determined to acquire nuclear weapons and acquire them for the wrong reasons would turn it down. Under those circumstances, the United States (or Israel) could portray its operations as taken in sorrow, not anger, and at least some in the international community would conclude that the Iranians “brought it on themselves” by refusing a very good deal."

-Brookings Institution's 2009 "Which Path to Persia?" report, page 52.

Written years ago, as the US, Saudi Arabia, and Israel were already plotting to overrun Iran's neighbor and ally Syria with Al Qaeda to weaken the Islamic Republic before inevitable war, this quote exposes fully the current charade that is the "Iran nuclear deal."

The West has no intention of striking any lasting deal with Iran, as nuclear capabilities, even the acquirement of nuclear weapons by Iran was never truly an existential threat to Western nations or their regional partners. The West's issue with Iran is its sovereignty and its ability to project its interests into spheres traditionally monopolized by the US and UK across the Middle East. Unless Iran plans on turning over its sovereignty and regional influence along with its right to develop and use nuclear technology, betrayal of any "nuclear deal" is all but inevitable, as is the war that is to shortly follow.

Exposing the duplicity that accompanies Western "efforts" to strike a deal will severely undermine their attempt to then use the deal as leverage to justify military operations against Iran. For Iran and its allies, they must be prepared for war, more so when the West feigns interest in peace. Libya serves as a perfect example of the fate that awaits nations reproached by the West who let down their guard - it literally is a matter of life and death both for leaders, and for nations as a whole.

Source: http://landdestroyer.blogspot.nl/

Edited by Phaeton80
  • Like 1

Taking assorted quotes from various times and juxtaposing them like that for what seems a confusing message is kinda funny. I'm sure you know what you want to communicate but the best I get out of it is the West should not deal with Iran because they are planning a war with it and it looks funny if one is dealing with someone you plan to attack. Your logic seems really confused.

• Like 1

'Confusion' must come very easy to you, mr. blue fish.

Your content on this forum forms an interesting pattern.

When you have formed some level of understanding concerning the points made, please feel free to comment yet again.

• Like 1

'Confusion' must come very easy to you, mr. blue fish.

Your content on this forum forms an interesting pattern.

When you have formed some level of understanding concerning the points made, please feel free to comment yet again.

Oh I understood well enough, but obviously you don't.

There will be no war or even invasion. There is no way the citizenry would tolerate such a thing short of Iran using nuclear weapons somewhere. If the present agreement fails, the worst I would foresee would be pre-emptive strikes of one sort or another, although to date various forms of computer sabotage seems to have been enough.

• Like 1

Oh I understood well enough, but obviously you don't.

Yes, obviously Frank. Obviously. Darnit, it seems Im just like an open book to you. Very astute, as always.

If you understand, my good man, why post your first reply? Are you playing games here, or do you simply take some sort of weird pleasure in feigning ignorance?

Oh and just to be clear here, the first sentence is nicely laced with a good dose of cynicism. Not eveyone is so observant as your fine self.

For everyone having any trouble interpreting the information;

The recent deal with Iran is mentioned in the provided Brookings Institution's Report 'Which Path to Persia' (Persia = Iran) as a desired / planned prelude to sway the public's opinion and open the door to a conflict with Iran.

For everyone having any trouble interpreting the information;

The recent deal with Iran is mentioned in the provided Brookings Institution's Report 'Which Path to Persia' (Persia = Iran) as a desired / planned prelude to sway the public's opinion and open the door to a conflict with Iran.

I'm not sure why you find such great importance in this piece. This is a think tank and formulating such scenarios is part and parcel what they do. Obviously Israel has made zero secret of their desire to strike Iran if all else fails to stop them creating a nuclear weapon which could destroy their nation in an afternoon. But the whole WORLD is basically similar to what we call in the US "low info" voters. Not particularly concerned with the daily droning of the news - only interested once they are TOLD to be by the magical glowing screen. So of course it matters how the situation is presented.

I'm sure there are other think tanks which have written similar pieces allowing for a defense against THIS piece. At least, I'd be surprised if there were not. Maybe you are correct in your premise. But I think it really is as simple as it seems. Obama above ALL ELSE does not want to go to war with another M.E. country. Iran's leaders see him for what he s and struck a good deal for themselves. Israel is isolated and cannot act without bringing ruin on themselves. The question is does political and economic "ruin" trump possible nuclear annihilation in the future? That is up to the Israelis to decide.

People like you scare me.

Edited by Phaeton80

I saw war has been avoided, last year was different with Israel making that dumb picture of a bomb.

People like you scare me.

I can't imagine why P80. Now if I had POWER... heheheh.... but no, just one man's opinion here. I think maybe it should be Bibi who scares you.

Many powerful influences surely hope that this latest round of diplomatic dialogue is just for keeping up appearances and getting the preliminaries out of the way. They can always say "We tried diplomacy and diplomacy failed." later. Which is code for "We failed." but they'll never blame themselves they'll blame the foreign enemy they've duped the masses into hating.

Many powerful influences surely hope that this latest round of diplomatic dialogue is just for keeping up appearances and getting the preliminaries out of the way. They can always say "We tried diplomacy and diplomacy failed." later. Which is code for "We failed." but they'll never blame themselves they'll blame the foreign enemy they've duped the masses into hating.

Do you really believe this deal by Obama is a subterfuge? I guess it's possible but the reports indicate that he has been negotiating for months - even releasing Iranian prisoners quietly. I think he is in earnest and as a bonus he gets to rub Bibi's nose in it. Obama has proven himself to be a small, mean man who is vengeful when crossed. He's never forgotten Bibi's lecturing him in his own house. The Iranians have come out of this deal MUCH stronger in that Israel is more isolated than ever. If they actually break this deal in a way that is easy to prove I would be very surprised.
  • Like 1

Do you really believe this deal by Obama is a subterfuge? I guess it's possible but the reports indicate that he has been negotiating for months - even releasing Iranian prisoners quietly. I think he is in earnest and as a bonus he gets to rub Bibi's nose in it. Obama has proven himself to be a small, mean man who is vengeful when crossed. He's never forgotten Bibi's lecturing him in his own house. The Iranians have come out of this deal MUCH stronger in that Israel is more isolated than ever. If they actually break this deal in a way that is easy to prove I would be very surprised.

No subterfuge about it. What moves the world happens in plain sight.

US foreign policy is so insane I wouldn't see future military escalations as the least bit surprising. Our policies motivate terrorist attacks. We've imported terrorism with specific foreign policies that jeopardize our security and threaten our liberty.

• Like 2

No subterfuge about it. What moves the world happens in plain sight.

US foreign policy is so insane I wouldn't see future military escalations as the least bit surprising. Our policies motivate terrorist attacks. We've imported terrorism with specific foreign policies that jeopardize our security and threaten our liberty.

Not so plain sight. The thing in plain sight is the agreement - which looks less and less real as days go by. But there is no doubt that Oby WANTS to cut a deal that precludes Israel from acting without truly being ostracized by the whole planet. In that sense I think he got the deal he wanted. Though it is comical to see the Iranians pushing for more even now by denying Oby's version of what the deal is.

We often see Middle Eastern things about the same way, but I don't see Obama being vengeful at the Israelis here. In fact I think he is trying his best to do what is best for them, maybe even in spite of the myopia of the present Israeli administration. Keep in mind the present agreement is extremely tentative and depends on Iranian behavior for the next six months. The peace tendrils sent out recently to the UAE are another hopeful sign that realism has gotten a foothold in the Iranian government.

We often see Middle Eastern things about the same way, but I don't see Obama being vengeful at the Israelis here. In fact I think he is trying his best to do what is best for them, maybe even in spite of the myopia of the present Israeli administration. Keep in mind the present agreement is extremely tentative and depends on Iranian behavior for the next six months. The peace tendrils sent out recently to the UAE are another hopeful sign that realism has gotten a foothold in the Iranian government.

Anything is possible but you will excuse my suspicion considering their behavior over the past few decades. I read this morning that the "deal" struck in Geneva is being questioned vigorously by Iran and no date for implementation is yet set. So technically there IS no deal. My belief is that Iran is, in essence, already a nuclear weapons state. The difficulty is in the infrastructure of technical knowledge. They have acquired that as well as ability to produce all aspects of the fuel cycle. From now - as long as their physical infrastructure remains intact- they can assemble a bomb at a time of their choosing.

Not so plain sight. The thing in plain sight is the agreement - which looks less and less real as days go by. But there is no doubt that Oby WANTS to cut a deal that precludes Israel from acting without truly being ostracized by the whole planet. In that sense I think he got the deal he wanted. Though it is comical to see the Iranians pushing for more even now by denying Oby's version of what the deal is.

There's no agreement in plain sight at all. Actions are louder than words. The policies are in plain sight, and it's the policies that are the problem.

I think maybe it should be Bibi who scares you.

oh, no doubt about that.

I can't imagine why P80. Now if I had POWER... heheheh.... but no, just one man's opinion here. I think maybe it should be Bibi who scares you.

It seems you need to understand that.. its people like you who give Bibi his power.

It seems you need to understand that.. its people like you who give Bibi his power.

He stands up for the people of Israel so, yeah, I'm glad he's in power. If Livni and her ilk regain control (not likely soon) Israel will be in much worse shape shortly. Those fools never learn.

I wonder how many people in Middle Eastern countries see Bibi in a very similar way to the way Rouhani or Khamenei are seen by Bibi and his admirers.

• Like 1

The people trying to catapult the false propaganda that there's some kind of nuclear program or threat from Iran should be the first people to stand up and acknowledge how good this deal is towards shutting down any potential nuke program. But they'll be the last people to ever do that, and why? Because it silences Israel's threat mongering. Nobody has even described the deal yet other than talking about it nefariously. I read the deal, and I don't understand what the problem is from the people who "want peace". {Zionists: insert random irrelevant hypocritical excuse for Israel here}

I don't think this deal is a prelude to war, which smacks of conspiracy theory (and provides yet another interesting conspiratorial narrative to get tangled up in), it's the many rounds of sanctions against Iran that were the preludes to war.

On the contrary to the OP, this is a break in the long history of obvious preludes to war we were already putting up with.

The people trying to catapult the false propaganda that there's some kind of nuclear program or threat from Iran should be the first people to stand up and acknowledge how good this deal is towards shutting down any potential nuke program. But they'll be the last people to ever do that, and why? Because it silences Israel's threat mongering. Nobody has even described the deal yet other than talking about it nefariously. I read the deal, and I don't understand what the problem is from the people who "want peace". {Zionists: insert random irrelevant hypocritical excuse for Israel here}

Those people are biased so they can not accept the goodwill of Iran and describing the deal a prelude to war

I don't think this deal is a prelude to war, which smacks of conspiracy theory (and provides yet another interesting conspiratorial narrative to get tangled up in), it's the many rounds of sanctions against Iran that were the preludes to war.

On the contrary to the OP, this is a break in the long history of obvious preludes to war we were already putting up with.

No doubt.I totally agree with you in this point.

• Like 1