Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Strange symbolism in my dream..

Nighthawk9653

Last night I had quite a strange dream, and I'd really like to try and analyze what it could mean and all the symbolism used in it.

So, the first part I could remember, was that a person I have a crush on was at my house and in the shower for some reason, (I've never spoken to this person in real life), but while he was doing that, I was downstairs talking to this brown wolf with bright golden amber eyes, and he told me that the guy I have a crush on came from a family of wolves. Like his family is actually wolves but someone cheated or something because he came out a human. It also told me I came from something else besides a human too, but I can't remember what he said.

Normal in my dream, complete confusion upon waking up.

In the second part, I was at school and this guy who sits beside my crush told me that he's liked me since September 7, and then he kept moving closer to me until he was sitting right next to me. In my dream I was quite neutral about it, and then after he asked if I wanted to get together before Christmas, and I got this warm feeling inside and said I'd think about it, then I woke up. By the way, this guy isn't too bad, and in class I catch him staring sometimes.

Okay, so once I write it out it sounds a lot more about love than I thought, but my main thought is the wolf that was talking to me. There's not much to be found about talking dream wolves on the Internet. What do you think?

• Like 1

Well..I think wolves represent bonds with family/friends as well as listening to ones instincts.

Also..among wolves, family is not always strictly genetic and -as far as I understand- will take in pups that are orphaned. (I am not sure but I think I read it somewhere).

Wolves have often been common totems for families as well as individuals and are often spirit guides too.

Wolves are also observers, taking in their environment and assessing a situation before going ahead with whatever plan they have (usually in regards to hunting I guess).

You might want to type in "spirit guides, wolves" or something like that to get a better insight.

P.S: I do not necessarily subscribe to this whole "spirit guide" thing, I am simply relaying what little I read when I studied wicca and such.

• Like 1

I think you should not waste your time trying to find a hidden objective meaning where there is none.

I think that the overwhelming majority of dreams are nothing more but a random rearrangement of our preocuppations that the brain tries to work out during the night.

This reminds me I have to fall in sleep now :-)

• Like 1

Hmm. I wonder what the absence of wolves from my dreams might mean -- that I don't have instincts or that I don't have family and friends. Objectively it must be something else since I have plenty of both. Of course we don't have wolves in Vietnam, but I have read about them.

I dream about dogs quite often, and puppies sometimes. Does that count? They are always the friendly lower-the-front haunches bouncy tail-wagging kind.

Last night I had quite a strange dream, and I'd really like to try and analyze what it could mean and all the symbolism used in it.

So, the first part I could remember, was that a person I have a crush on was at my house and in the shower for some reason, (I've never spoken to this person in real life), but while he was doing that, I was downstairs talking to this brown wolf with bright golden amber eyes, and he told me that the guy I have a crush on came from a family of wolves. Like his family is actually wolves but someone cheated or something because he came out a human. It also told me I came from something else besides a human too, but I can't remember what he said.

Normal in my dream, complete confusion upon waking up.

In the second part, I was at school and this guy who sits beside my crush told me that he's liked me since September 7, and then he kept moving closer to me until he was sitting right next to me. In my dream I was quite neutral about it, and then after he asked if I wanted to get together before Christmas, and I got this warm feeling inside and said I'd think about it, then I woke up. By the way, this guy isn't too bad, and in class I catch him staring sometimes.

Okay, so once I write it out it sounds a lot more about love than I thought, but my main thought is the wolf that was talking to me. There's not much to be found about talking dream wolves on the Internet. What do you think?

Keep writing about it. You get more insight from your dreams if you free write trying to explain them yourself. You just did it. Keep going ;)

I think you should not waste your time trying to find a hidden objective meaning where there is none.

I think that the overwhelming majority of dreams are nothing more but a random rearrangement of our preocuppations that the brain tries to work out during the night.

This reminds me I have to fall in sleep now :-)

Yeah right ;)

• Like 1