Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ragnarok Is Supposedly Coming?

ocean112

So supposedly this thing called "Ragnarok" also known as "Vikings Apocalypse" is coming February 22nd 2014 and I was wondering what you guys would do in this situation?

Will the world end in 100 days? Sounding of ancient trumpet in York warns of Viking apocalypse on 22 February 2014

• Legend has it that on this day, the god Odin will be killed by the wolf Fenrir
  • The soil and the sky will be stained with poison and the sea will rear up
  • Prior to the apocalypse, three freezing winters would follow each other (mini ice-age)
  • The sound of the horn is supposed to call the sons of Odin to the battlefield, where Odin will ultimately be killed
  • Everyone human on Earth is supposedly mean't to die with the survival of two humans who will repopulate the new Earth
  • What will happen to the rest of us?

What would you do if your entire life was a battlefield for gods? Would you prefer to just die and let that be the end of it or fight for survival although it is merely hopeless & do you think we will gain afterlife privileges?

If you wish to know more then simply google "Vikings Apocalypse" or "Ragnarok".

Edited by ocean112
  • Like 1

Pretty cool.

Like, the gods and all. I've always loved mythology and this type of stuff.

It will be interesting though.

If you know, how was the exact date of February 22, 2014 calculated? Was it written somewhere or somehow calculated?

• Like 1

Pretty cool.

Like, the gods and all. I've always loved mythology and this type of stuff.

It will be interesting though.

If you know, how was the exact date of February 22, 2014 calculated? Was it written somewhere or somehow calculated?

I'm not too sure how it was calculated but an ancient trumpet was sounded on November 14th and apparently 100 days after the trumpet is sounded the apocalypse will begin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2507778/Will-world-end-100-days-Sounding-ancient-trumpet-York-warns-Viking-apocalypse-22-February-2014.html

The end of the world seems to be an annual event.

True. Each year something new seems to occur striking incredible resemblances to the end of the world. I hope that this one is true though, this era of life is so terrible. Chav's ect.

I'm not too sure how it was calculated but an ancient trumpet was sounded on November 14th and apparently 100 days after the trumpet is sounded the apocalypse will begin.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2507778/Will-world-end-100-days-Sounding-ancient-trumpet-York-warns-Viking-apocalypse-22-February-2014.html

Hmm.. Who sounded the ancient trumpet? Did it happen on it's own? But wow, this is pretty interesting :D

I don't think humanity is really doing so well.. But I still hope it's not the end of the world. I have so many things I want to do still :P

True. Each year something new seems to occur striking incredible resemblances to the end of the world. I hope that this one is true though, this era of life is so terrible. Chav's ect.

What era of life would you prefer Ocean? The Medievil Era? Any era without your Iphone in it would be great right?

Edited by joc

What era of life would you prefer Ocean? The Medievil Era? Any era without your Iphone in it would be great right?

A new era if possible. One where everyone is nice to one another and show love & compassion. Where people aren't constantly on each others backs about minor problems just because they feel the need to make it into a major one. I just want to live my life without the fear of going outside because people are constantly picking fights with me and attacking me on my way home.
  • Like 1

A new era if possible. One where everyone is nice to one another and show love & compassion. Where people aren't constantly on each others backs about minor problems just because they feel the need to make it into a major one. I just want to live my life without the fear of going outside because people are constantly picking fights with me and attacking me on my way home.

Never has happened and never will.

That isn't really part of the human equation unfortunately. Maybe you could take some self-defense course...Taekwondo perhaps.

That isn't really part of the human equation unfortunately. Maybe you could take some self-defense course...Taekwondo perhaps.

I know how to fight but I choose not to because I don't want the conflict to carry on to the point that it just unnecessarily escalates. I do muay thai but I can't remove my fear of fighting & If I can totally ask you something off topic..is there any particular reason why I can't make any bad choices even in games? If I have the choice between doing something bad or good I'm constantly choosing good and it hurts my chest if I choose bad or I feel empty inside. Any ideas why?
  • Like 1

I know how to fight but I choose not to because I don't want the conflict to carry on to the point that it just unnecessarily escalates. I do muay thai but I can't remove my fear of fighting & If I can totally ask you something off topic..is there any particular reason why I can't make any bad choices even in games? If I have the choice between doing something bad or good I'm constantly choosing good and it hurts my chest if I choose bad or I feel empty inside. Any ideas why?

That kinda touches on why I don't like competition. I worked for an American company over thirty years (actually I still do but am on a sort-of medical leave of absence but will probably be obliged to retire) and never would compete but always be fair about other companies doing what we did. It never hurt one bit.

I also never worried about self-defense, even though I'm a small little guy and I traveled alone most of the time on business. I just used good sense, if one can call it that -- prevention rather than cure, as it were. I was "mugged" a couple of time, scared the ---- out of me (there, the bad words censor won't have to kick in) but I was compliant and polite (a "sir" in the right place not overdone can help) and so didn't get hurt. Of course I never carried any significant amount of money, so that would be part of it.

Just guessing you have a conscience. You say you do muay thai...what does that mean? Are you actively training in muay thai or that you have had some classes.

Edited by joc

Just guessing you have a conscience. You say you do muay thai...what does that mean? Are you actively training in muay thai or that you have had some classes.

I'm trained enough to kick the S**t into anyone I run into on the street but I hate conflict & whenever I play video games I always choose the right moral choice because It hurts my chest/heart to choose the wrong choice & I have no idea why.

I'm trained enough to kick the S**t into anyone I run into on the street but I hate conflict & whenever I play video games I always choose the right moral choice because It hurts my chest/heart to choose the wrong choice & I have no idea why.

Are you still taking muai thai? How many years did you study?

always love hearing somebody say the want the end of the world to happen so a new one can rise up... one thats better than before where everyone holds each others hands and sings songs and shares land and loves everybody. truth is.. and trust me this hurts. its never going to happen. ever. there is nothing strong enough to make every single person on our little planet love one another unconditionally its cant happen and it wont, and wishing for it to happen is a waste of time, enjoy your life your family and friends and live your life. this end of the world nonsense year after year after year is spread by angry hateful people who are sick of living and in all honesty should just end it for themselves instead of spreading their depressing and bull**** theories to other people. you can call me a pessimist or an angry person but i look at life realistically people hate each other and people will always find something to be angry about towards another person or group of people its human nature.

so no ragnarok is not coming the end of the world is not happening and in our lifetime barring a nuclear war is not going to happen either.

Am I the only one who's kinda sick of the "end of the world" thing?

I never said I believed in this I'm just saying that I think it would be best for us all if it happened.

How would it be best for the billions or so that would be killed?

I count myself as one of the people who would not have survived to adult hood were it not for the intervention of modern medicine. Just fifty years ago, that would have not been the case.

• Like 1

Whether it be our own biological mortality or that of the universe, might I quote a trite but profound cowboy movie adage "We ain't gonna get out of this alive." So, let us make the best of it now.

• Like 2

February 22 - that's one way to celebrate Washington's Birthday.

Supposedly, some bishop several hundred years ago went through the Bible and determined which Pope's reign would see the end of the Catholic Church. He came up with this one - now known as Pope Francis. At least the prophets of doom are consistent.

The three-years-without-a-winter actually occurred. In Gotland/Sweden in 535 to 537 AD - the coldest winters known. The Annals of the Four Masters sums it up succinctly: "failure of bread." That is the most-likely candidate for Fimbul Winter. The legend of Ragnarok is probably referring back to it.

Doug

• Like 1

Whether it be our own biological mortality or that of the universe, might I quote a trite but profound cowboy movie adage "We ain't gonna get out of this alive." So, let us make the best of it now.

May I quote a low-toned, guitar slinging, mad man from Detroit...'Some people think they're gonna die someday, I got news you never got to go...'

Edited by joc
  • Like 1