Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The Foundation Stone

joc

The Foundation Stone

The Foundation Stone is the name of the rock at the heart of the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. It is also known as the Pierced Stone because it has a small hole on the southeastern corner that enters a cavern beneath the rock, known as the Well of Souls. It is the holiest site in Judaism (Midrash Tanhuma, chapter 10); Jewish tradition views it as the spiritual junction of Heaven and Earth. Jews traditionally face it while praying, in the belief that it was the location of the Holy of Holies in the Temple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very interesting. I've always known about the Dome of the Rock...I'd never read until now about the Foundation Stone and what it is and why it is so influential to both Jews and Muslims.

I believe that this Rock is the key to peace in the middle east. I don't know how...it just seems like the actual Foundation Rock is what all the fighting is really about. I always thought it was oil. I am now rethinking that.

Perhaps the Muslims fear that eventually, if left unfettered, the Jews will destroy the dome and rebuild the Temple of Solomon...and they are probably right.

Read about the Foundation Stone...it is very interesting.

foundationrock_zpsa3339b00.jpg

Edited by joc

[media=]

[/media]

Could this be The Star of David?

The Star seen over the stabel in Bethlehem? What is this?

The above video has been proven to be a HOAX...sorry...

Nonetheless...the Foundation Rock is real...it is what it is...the most important piece of real estate in the history of mankind.

The above video has been proven to be a HOAX...sorry...

Nonetheless...the Foundation Rock is real...it is what it is...the most important piece of real estate in the history of mankind.

Be nice if these gods could space out their properties. Save a little bit of hassle fr their followers.

Be nice if these gods could space out their properties. Save a little bit of hassle fr their followers.

You mean this God...there is only one God associated with the Foundtion Stone. Three main religions on Earth, Judaism, Islam, Christianity...all with major ties to this rock. All worhip the same God. The God of the Rock.

You mean this God...there is only one God associated with the Foundtion Stone. Three main religions on Earth, Judaism, Islam, Christianity...all with major ties to this rock. All worhip the same God. The God of the Rock.

Each religion takes a different view on the same god, to the point the differences equate to different religions.

The Christian interpretation of god is much different than the Jewish interpretation which is different than the Muslim interpretation.

Each religion takes a different view on the same god, to the point the differences equate to different religions.

The Christian interpretation of god is much different than the Jewish interpretation which is different than the Muslim interpretation.

Right...I'm just very interested in the significance of this one spot to all three.

Right...I'm just very interested in the significance of this one spot to all three.

It got adopted as a Muslim site later, probably from the absorption of Jews into Islamic tradition. Similar to how we see where Christians have adopted pagan sites into Christianity.

I made a mistake, while Jerusalem is important to Christianity, the Foundation stone itself isn't.

It got adopted as a Muslim site later, probably from the absorption of Jews into Islamic tradition. Similar to how we see where Christians have adopted pagan sites into Christianity.

I made a mistake, while Jerusalem is important to Christianity, the Foundation stone itself isn't.

Actually, I think it is. One because it was where the Temple of Solomon was built..and Two, because Jesus taught at the Temple when he was 12.

Actually, I think it is. One because it was where the Temple of Solomon was built..and Two, because Jesus taught at the Temple when he was 12.

It might be, but not nearly to the degree that it is to Jews and Muslims.

Much more important are the sites where supposedly Jesus was born and where he was supposedly interred.

It might be, but not nearly to the degree that it is to Jews and Muslims.

Much more important are the sites where supposedly Jesus was born and where he was supposedly interred.

Very true.

I am just working on a theory here...that the key to peace in the Middle East lies somewhere under the Dome of the Rock.

Perhaps the underlying reason why the Muslims wish Israel to ...go away...is because they fear that one day Israel will destroy the Dome of the Rock and rebuild the Temple of Solomon. Is it possible that this one small place of Earth is the whole reason for all of the blood shed between Muslims and Jews in the 20th and 21st Centuries and perpaps...in all centuries?

...I wish I believed peace in the Middle East could come through a rock and not the arduous process of making human beings act civilized to each other en masse.

--Jaylemurph

• Like 2

Very true.

I am just working on a theory here...that the key to peace in the Middle East lies somewhere under the Dome of the Rock.

Perhaps the underlying reason why the Muslims wish Israel to ...go away...is because they fear that one day Israel will destroy the Dome of the Rock and rebuild the Temple of Solomon. Is it possible that this one small place of Earth is the whole reason for all of the blood shed between Muslims and Jews in the 20th and 21st Centuries and perpaps...in all centuries?

Well, both religions have serious religious ties to the same spot, so naturally they are in conflict over it.

Part of the reason for the conflict has to do as much with the structuring of the area to jam Israel back in as a country as the religious beliefs, though.

The war between Christians and Muslims has been much longer and much bloodier. Though there are those that want to see Israel and the temple restored in order to bring about Revelations.

• Like 1

...I wish I believed peace in the Middle East could come through a rock and not the arduous process of making human beings act civilized to each other en masse.

--Jaylemurph

I'd rather believe that people need to work out their differences and learn to accept their differences than a magic rock personally. S'bit weird.

Well, both religions have serious religious ties to the same spot, so naturally they are in conflict over it.

Part of the reason for the conflict has to do as much with the structuring of the area to jam Israel back in as a country as the religious beliefs, though.

The war between Christians and Muslims has been much longer and much bloodier. Though there are those that want to see Israel and the temple restored in order to bring about Revelations.

Please don't misunderstand...I'm not really saying that the 'rock' is the key...but that Understanding..of the significance of the rock..is the key.

And yes, you are absolutely correct...The esblishment of Israel totally threw a wrench in the clock work of the Middle East...but it is what it is and it isn't going to go away. I find it interesting that through out all of the Crusades...the Dome has stood. Throughout all of the wars, WWI, WWII, until present, the Dome has stood. The Muslims control the Foundation Stone. Just speculating here: What would change if the Jews controlled the Foundation Stone? Well, they would surely rebuild the Temple of Solomon I would think. It doesn't really matter does it...who controls it? Blood shed over a piece of real estate smaller than a city block. In fact...the entire demise of civilization I think is going to be over this one small speck of land.

Very interesting joc. Question please... Do Christians believe the rock is the spot that Abraham almost sacrificed his son Isaac? If so, then it would be important to Christians as well? (Old Testament)

post-86645-0-62447100-1387209212_thumb.j

Edited by lightly

Please don't misunderstand...I'm not really saying that the 'rock' is the key...but that Understanding..of the significance of the rock..is the key.

And yes, you are absolutely correct...The esblishment of Israel totally threw a wrench in the clock work of the Middle East...but it is what it is and it isn't going to go away. I find it interesting that through out all of the Crusades...the Dome has stood. Throughout all of the wars, WWI, WWII, until present, the Dome has stood. The Muslims control the Foundation Stone. Just speculating here: What would change if the Jews controlled the Foundation Stone? Well, they would surely rebuild the Temple of Solomon I would think. It doesn't really matter does it...who controls it? Blood shed over a piece of real estate smaller than a city block. In fact...the entire demise of civilization I think is going to be over this one small speck of land.

What would change if the Jews controlled it? The Muslims would be fighting to reclaim it.

It doesn't particularly matter to me, except as a historical and archaeological interest.

It stood by being converted to a church before being reclaimed. There are similar churches that reclaimed much older Roman temples and others, not terribly surprising.

The Foundation Stone

The Foundation Stone is the name of the rock at the heart of the Dome of the Rock in Jerusalem. It is also known as the Pierced Stone because it has a small hole on the southeastern corner that enters a cavern beneath the rock, known as the Well of Souls. It is the holiest site in Judaism (Midrash Tanhuma, chapter 10); Jewish tradition views it as the spiritual junction of Heaven and Earth. Jews traditionally face it while praying, in the belief that it was the location of the Holy of Holies in the Temple.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Very interesting. I've always known about the Dome of the Rock...I'd never read until now about the Foundation Stone and what it is and why it is so influential to both Jews and Muslims.

I believe that this Rock is the key to peace in the middle east. I don't know how...it just seems like the actual Foundation Rock is what all the fighting is really about. I always thought it was oil. I am now rethinking that.

Perhaps the Muslims fear that eventually, if left unfettered, the Jews will destroy the dome and rebuild the Temple of Solomon...and they are probably right.

Read about the Foundation Stone...it is very interesting.

foundationrock_zpsa3339b00.jpg

Supposedly the Foundation Stone was where the Holy of Holys was located in the Old Temple. The Ark of the Covenant would have sat directly on top of this rock. Some say that the roughly rectangular section 2/3rd of the way down your picture is where it sat. Others say that is where the replica sat after the original was lost.

I have also heard that the Well of Souls was a cistern originally and the Templars found some treasures down in there.

Also I think I heard that it was supposed to be the spot were Abraham was going to sacrifice his son, but God provided a lamb for him instead after he proved his Faith.

Supposedly the Foundation Stone was where the Holy of Holys was located in the Old Temple. The Ark of the Covenant would have sat directly on top of this rock. Some say that the roughly rectangular section 2/3rd of the way down your picture is where it sat. Others say that is where the replica sat after the original was lost.

I have also heard that the Well of Souls was a cistern originally and the Templars found some treasures down in there.

Also I think I heard that it was supposed to be the spot were Abraham was going to sacrifice his son, but God provided a lamb for him instead after he proved his Faith.

Correct on all....I think. I'm no expert...I just woke up the other morning thinking about the Dome of the Rock and I don't even know why. The more I read about it though...it gets more and more interesting. The Kabaa...in Mecca...is the Holiest Shrine in Islam...it is a huge Black Cube. The Kabaa is supposed to be transported to the Founation Stone by Allah at Judgement Day if I understand correctly. I think the Jews wish to rebuild the Temple of Solomon there as well...although, I haven't had any Jewish posters confirm this.

• Like 1

I think the Jews wish to rebuild the Temple of Solomon there as well...although, I haven't had any Jewish posters confirm this.

I've usually seen this more from Christians in seeing the come about of Revelations.

Not that there aren't Jews who want to see the Temple rebuilt, but most of the time the drive seems to be from Christian organizations as a way to spur on the return of Christ.

• Like 1

I've usually seen this more from Christians in seeing the come about of Revelations.

Not that there aren't Jews who want to see the Temple rebuilt, but most of the time the drive seems to be from Christian organizations as a way to spur on the return of Christ.

Wrong! Christians don't believe they can spur on the return of Christ. They simply believe that he will return. The Temple in Christianity is played out in the book of Revelations. One of John's prophecies was that the Anti-Christ would commit the Abomination of Desolation...and many Christian Scholars believe what that means is that the AntiChrist will Sacrifice in the Holy of Holys...which means...that prior to his coming...the Temple would be rebuilt.

Wrong! Christians don't believe they can spur on the return of Christ. They simply believe that he will return. The Temple in Christianity is played out in the book of Revelations. One of John's prophecies was that the Anti-Christ would commit the Abomination of Desolation...and many Christian Scholars believe what that means is that the AntiChrist will Sacrifice in the Holy of Holys...which means...that prior to his coming...the Temple would be rebuilt.

Er... as a mass? No. Do groups think they can bring it about? Yes. That's why you have groups attempting the mass conversion of Jews, part of the reason Israel was restored,and yes there are a number of Christian Dominionists that believe if they can spur the rebuilding of the temple that it will spark off Revelations. I've dealt with them personally.

It may represent a trend in Christiaity you don't like, but it's either massively misleading or grossly misinformed to say some Christians /don't/ think they can so hasten the end of teh worlds.

You do yourself no favors to either assert things without knowledge or assert them thinking no one here is mart enough not to notice when you do, sir.

--Jaylemurph

Correct on all....I think. I'm no expert...I just woke up the other morning thinking about the Dome of the Rock and I don't even know why. The more I read about it though...it gets more and more interesting. The Kabaa...in Mecca...is the Holiest Shrine in Islam...it is a huge Black Cube. The Kabaa is supposed to be transported to the Founation Stone by Allah at Judgement Day if I understand correctly. I think the Jews wish to rebuild the Temple of Solomon there as well...although, I haven't had any Jewish posters confirm this.

The Kabaa is actually a small building. It is supposed to be at the center of the universe (or the world?), and the gateway to Heaven is directly over it. That is why the Muslims pray directly at it, I believe. It is the holiest point, because it is the closest point to Heaven.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kabaa

Er... as a mass? No. Do groups think they can bring it about? Yes. That's why you have groups attempting the mass conversion of Jews, part of the reason Israel was restored,and yes there are a number of Christian Dominionists that believe if they can spur the rebuilding of the temple that it will spark off Revelations. I've dealt with them personally.

I've heard of Christians who work toward that end. There are some Christians who are rabidly Pro-Israel, because they believe that the existance of Israel is one of the requirements of the End Times.

Christian Zionism