Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Santa Crucified in Texas!

Eldorado

"A controversial Christmas decoration hanging on a garage in Corpus Christi, Texas, depicting a bloody Santa Claus on a cross with a crown of thorns is putting the holiday spirit of some area residents to the test.

"It's December, it's Christmastime. It is just a Christmas ornament," said homeowner Aaron Olivares. "It needed some lettering up there so I put the 'slayer' up there. It's nothing Satanic it is just decorations for Christmas.” Slayer is now the Santa’s name."

Full story & pics: http://www.upi.com/Odd_News/Blog/2013/12/18/Surprise-Bloody-Santa-on-a-cross-with-crown-of-thorns-causes-controversy/6651387402489/

Poor Santa Slayer. :(

This always seems to be the time of year where people do all they can for attention.

• Like 4

Looks like he lost a bit of weight at least.

• Like 2

That gross, but is it any worse than bronze statues of jesus all skinny and in agony? I mean, one is seen as worship tool and the other an attention seeking statement.

The braindead never cease to astonish me....

• Like 4

Priceless example of cultural misunderstandings. It reminds me (oddly) of a situation where war nearly broke out between Mexico and the US in the late 1800's (I think) when a drunken sailor cheered for the bull at a bullfight!

When we were in China for the adoption in 2000, it was near Christmas and they had Santa artwork and mannequins about the stores but they all had faces that looked to be second degree burned :w00t:

• Like 2

The santa "ornament" would not bother me, having Aaron Olivares as a neighbour would though.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 2

That'll teach that fat nutter to leave reindeer crap all over my roof every year!

• Like 3

That'll teach that fat nutter to leave reindeer crap all over my roof every year!

nothing to do with the reindeers:

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 6

nothing to do with the reindeers:

hqdefault.jpg

Now THIS is the ultimate "upper decker"!
  • Like 2

I read an account a few years back that in Tokyo, a departement store, not having the greatest knowledge of Santa or Christianity, thought it a good idea to combine Jesus with Santa and had, as decoration for their store, a row of crucified Santas....

I read an account a few years back that in Tokyo, a departement store, not having the greatest knowledge of Santa or Christianity, thought it a good idea to combine Jesus with Santa and had, as decoration for their store, a row of crucified Santas....

Please read the article I linked in post #4.

Please read the article I linked in post #4.

Didn't bother as there was no explanatory text about the link in that post. When that happens, same as with video with no explanations, I skip the post...

• Like 1

drinkingholiday01.jpg

all santa did was just having a bit of a pythonesque fun ~

This woman obviously has some issues as this "thing" she put up is grotesque and has no humor at all. The trashy surroundings (as well as the trash in the house) tells a lot too.

This is NOT "just" a decoration, it is a clear indication of some psychological issues...of course there is the off-chance that she thinks she is making a tongue-in-cheek message too but I suspect that those who "like" it or laugh are simply humoring her all the while wondering what she was thinking, if she was thinking at all.

There is nothing "merry" about this; it might be ok for halloween but this sort of stupidity needs its own "holiday".

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I can't seem to concentrate on the article or the subject matter after seeing this on the right hand side of the page.

2013-NFL-Fans_th.jpg

Oh god do I love cheese more than ever now..........

• Like 2

drinkingholiday01.jpg

all santa did was just having a bit of a pythonesque fun ~

Check out mom's hands over the child's eyes... too funny.
  • Like 2