Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The existence of God can never be proven

wuhugm

You say you could believe in a platypus without ever seeing one, because it is a part of the same natural order. Perhaps you need to conceptualise god in the same way. Then, while you do not have to believe in gods existence, my knowledge of god might make more sense to you.

Some peoples have worshipped animals as gods. Animals are part of this 'natural order', so the gods of these people are also part of the 'natural order'. Did these people "know god" as you do, MW?

Edited by Leonardo

Some peoples have worshipped animals as gods. Animals are part of this 'natural order', so the gods of these people are also part of the 'natural order'. Did these people "know god" as you do, MW?

That is not the analogy I was making, but I will comment on it. I do not know the specific answer because it depends on the relationship the humans had with the animals. God can express himself through(and actually IS found in ) anything from an animal to a plant to another human being. Certainly there is plenty of evidence that cromagnon humans knew god in the same sense and form that I know god. They expressed this in paintings and ritualised behaviour, as a response to their connection to the divine or cosmic consciousness. Most animists and pagans are far more likely to be connected to god than many modern Christians, for example, because they have a sense of genuine spiritual connection to the universe, within themselves. They KNOW god is in them and all about them, due to their connection to it. Edited by Mr Walker