Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

PETA VS. Pokémon: Round 2

Dumpnuts

PETA Member Traumatized By Pokémon, Sues Nintendo for Emotional Distress

With the recent release of Pokémon X and Y, buzz towards the franchise has hit a point not seen since its conception. Not everyone’s enjoying the re-found popularity though as PETA is once again aiming their attention towards Nintendo and the game industry...

http://www.p4rgaming.com/peta-member-traumatized-by-pokemon-sues-nintendo-for-emotional-distress/

• Like 1

It's an old bit of news but I thought I would share. Mostly because nothing enrages me more than PETA. Sorry if it's posted already. Couldn't find it in the search function.

• Like 3

Yeah it's a shame really. They could focus on real acts of cruelty instead of a game where the good guys prevail (due to their strong bonds with their animal friends) over the bad guys (that abuse their animal slaves).

edit: spelling

Edited by DumpsterJesus
  • Like 4

The best thing PETA can do to help animals is to sacrifice themselves to feed some endangered big cats. These idiots do far more harm than good by drawing attention away from animal rights groups that actually serve their purpose.

• Like 2

*zips lips*

Sometimes that's the highest approach to be had.

Stupid to the absolute max...even PETA should be able to realize that Pokemon aren't real animals.

& to actually think they can sue for emotional distress over the game is absolutely asinine.

If anything, all this does is make me want to tie them to a chair, sercure their eyelids open and eat a lovely Kobe steak in front of them with a look of absolute nirvana...

Wow I just went to a dark place.

That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever read. If that person knew anything about Pokemon, they would see that it's nothing like that.

First of all: Leafgreen has nothing to do with marijuana. If she looked around outside, she would see that most leaves are green.

Second: The "poacher" aka Team Rocket are the bad guys. Most Pokemon trainers are not like that and try to stop Team Rocket. Also the "dog" aka Cubone, wears the skull of it's dead mother. It actually has a face underneath.

Third: The Pokemon can not die during a battle, they just get knocked out. And it's a bleepin' cartoon anyway! They aren't even real! Of course they are going to make moves like bite look like that.

Fourth: You can't get money back for a broken item if you broke it purposely. Also, other people could use things like that. Those unfortunate people who don't have money to get one (like me).

Also: Shinies are extremely rare, I would've said the same thing.

Somewhere in one of the games it is stated that "Pokemon are not tools of war." They are our friends.

• Like 1

PETA is just an attention whore. Which is sad because im sure there are some legit cases out there.

People like this shouldn't have kids. But I found this the weirdest part:

“a turtle was being forced to mate with an orange dinosaur.” Unfortunately, this was not a beautiful scene of animal lovemaking as it turned out the turtle was actually attacking the dinosaur."

What the hell?

Edited by DKO
  • Like 2

Pokémon battle = rough animal sex

Edit: That article sounds like satire

Edited by Rlyeh

People like this shouldn't have kids. But I found this the weirdest part:

“a turtle was being forced to mate with an orange dinosaur.” Unfortunately, this was not a beautiful scene of animal lovemaking as it turned out the turtle was actually attacking the dinosaur."

What the hell?

That reminds me, I have some nice steel-toe work boots. Want to barrow a set?

Sigh Peta are morons I mean comparing the Holocaust of Jews to that of killing chickens really? not only that, its documented that they euthanize those animals which they try and save. :no:

I have to assume that this is a hoax. First, it's a gaming website, not a major news outlet. But more importantly, the article just screams "this is just a load of crap". Highlighted by the final paragraph where her husband is playing the game on the sly in the toilet.

But with that said, PETA really are PITA, with some utterly ridiculous publicity stunts over the years.

"After a brief argument, I was able to wrestle my daughter’s Nintendo away from her and broke it in half. I flushed that horrible Pokemon game down the toilet with my cat’s droppings. I’ve banned her from any video games and anything Pokemon-related and told her that she’s never going to see the boy who bought the game for her ever again. And I’ll be home schooling her from now on."

have a feeling this is satire if not this woman doesn't deserve children and reafirms my belief in that peta is one of the biggest jokes in the entire world.

actually lol yeah this is satire

"Sources also say that Bryant recently filed for divorce after catching her husband hiding in the bathroom on the toilet playing the game. He apparently told her to “**** off” as he was about to catch a Shiny Mr. Mime."

lmao

ps mr mime creeps me the f out