Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

you, yes YOU, are a cosmic Schmuck.

Professor T

Every now and then, as I note from some of the posts in this thread, people stand in awe that we are made of "stardust," meaning gas and dust made in an exploding star.

That is not really an accurate picture. We are made from material -- atoms -- that appears to have come out of the Big Bang that was mostly hydrogen and helium. The heavier elements (the astronomer's "metals") were then cooked from this hydrogen and helium inside giant stars with the very heaviest being made in the moments of supernova when those stars exploded. This is interesting but nothing to get star-struck about.

Where our mindfulness, or at least the possibility of our being mindful, comes from is more mysterious. In fact it is absolutely not understood. Gases and dust particles, even aggregates of them, do not contemplate or take note of things around them.

It is such a gift and we take it so for granted, and go through our lives mostly oblivious to the world we are in and what we are doing and where we are, let alone what our minds are up to.

• Like 2

No. I´m/we are not just cosmic Schmucks/Schmocks in general.

I was created by the universe and from/with its elements. The composition of these elements, the matrix, created something that we call awareness. Without awareness the universe would not exist. Some other compositions resulted in features like cognition, cerebration and the physical systems to feed these skills continuous. Our cerebration is not limited like the action of a ROM chip, our cerebration is open and unlimited. I am/we are watching the universe and we were created by the universe. So, by us, the universe is monitoring, judging and investigating itself. With still a lot of questions to be answered, it´s still an active and ongoing process. And this is not a Schmucks job in general even if there is a percentage of Schmucks within the universe like a percentage of lemon cars, for example.

IMO, this is a great Philosophy..

If you get out of bed each morning and realize that "Oh crap, I am a cosmic Schmuck." You'll become embarrassed by being such a cosmic Schmuck and want to become less of a cosmic Schmuck, and over time, you will become less of a Cosmic Schmuck.. But if you get of of bed each morning and don't realize that you are a Cosmic Schmuck, you will stay being a Cosmic Schmuck for the rest of your life..

What happens if you wake up realising you're a "cosmic schmuck" but are not embarrassed by being a cosmic schmuck and actually quite enjoy it because it annoys other humans and humans deserve to be annoyed because their contemptible.

Thanks @Pro

This is very interesting. Can u please tell me which one of three listed books in the article would u recommend - which one follows this ' Cosmic Schmuck ' logic? :)

No. I´m/we are not just cosmic Schmucks/Schmocks in general.

I was created by the universe and from/with its elements. The composition of these elements, the matrix, created something that we call awareness. Without awareness the universe would not exist. Some other compositions resulted in features like cognition, cerebration and the physical systems to feed these skills continuous. Our cerebration is not limited like the action of a ROM chip, our cerebration is open and unlimited. I am/we are watching the universe and we were created by the universe. So, by us, the universe is monitoring, judging and investigating itself. With still a lot of questions to be answered, it´s still an active and ongoing process. And this is not a Schmucks job in general even if there is a percentage of Schmucks within the universe like a percentage of lemon cars, for example.

Never fear, the universe needs schmucks. Be proud of it if you like. :tu:

What happens if you wake up realising you're a "cosmic schmuck" but are not embarrassed by being a cosmic schmuck and actually quite enjoy it because it annoys other humans and humans deserve to be annoyed because their contemptible.

I would probably think such an individual would stop growing in consciousness and as a result become very dark and jaded, one eyed in beliefs, and eventually so off balanced that they would suffer a great fall, usually in the form of depression.. I think these type of people are off-balanced, but very sure of themselves to the point of being aggressive toward anyone who doesn't agree with them.

Thanks @Pro

This is very interesting. Can u please tell me which one of three listed books in the article would u recommend - which one follows this ' Cosmic Schmuck ' logic? :)

Wish I could, but Nope.. I haven't read any of them yet..

Realizing you are a cosmic Schmuck goes a lot deeper than surface examination and adopting new methods, catch-phrases, thought streams, paradigms or views of the world and reality IMO.. Though being mindful is key.. The Philosophy is simple, but living by it is not so simple when you have a lifetime of old habits to fall back to.. Something as simple is looking at the world takes on a whole new meaning when one tries to dump their pree-dispositions and ideas about what the world is like.. Seeing the world as it is and not as it's believed to be is probably the 1st step to understanding the depths of our cosmic schmuckery.. and by no means am I capable of catching anything more than a few fleeting glimpses at the depths of my own schmuckery.

It is often dis-empowering to realize you are a schmuck.. Yet, through that realization comes an awesome power to either lift yourself from moments of despair, or allow yourself to wallow in ignorance.. And ironically, it's though these lows that one learns what is perhaps be best and biggest lesson there is to learn in life, and that is that we create our reality.. The fact that we create our reality IMO is something that cannot be taught in sermon, book or any teacher other than experience. Realizing you are a schmuck isn't easy, luckily for us, life the universe and everything is always letting us know; kicking our butts, reminding us that we don't know squat..

How deep one dives into their cosmic schmuckery and what aspect of it they want to explore depends entirely on the individual.. IMO it is a fuel that can drive us to great things..

Thanx PT, so then cosmic schmuckery is the nudge of consciousness and the beginning of an awareness that 'being' a cosmic schmuck isn't enough these days ? I must have missed the cosmic chapter somewhere back there a few light years ago.

The cosmos I think would like to start by just being appreciated; not necessarily to empower...there are so many arrogant and extremely ungrateful people on this planet alone, it would be quite predictable what the result would be if the cosmos intended them to want 'empowerment' ...but actually I don't see that as happening here anytime soon. Perhaps not even in the next hundred years of consciousness development. Since when is something that is out there in the cosmos which I don't know, going to adversly affect my life or consciousness ? I would like to know.

But I am not conscious of an adverse affect on me regarding things or events that are far out of my perceptional range...what would be the point ? Does the cosmos already have an established point or only the echos of mutterings and meanderings from the labyrinth of awareness ? And awareness is the first step toward consciousness development but it is not itself in form that consciousness.

What level of awareness then does the cosmos want to establish here since I am unaware that it was about to make a point ? To keep things right on time here: A wizard is never late, neither is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to. IF we want to go from point 'A' to point 'B' we must first establish, where is point 'A' ...and also establish where is point 'B'. See what I mean ?

If we spend too much time taking seriously every prophet, every saviour or secret Jesus (was Jesus an extraterrestrial) in the cosmos, we would certainly spend most of our eternity getting more and more bogged down in excitement over nothing worthwhile. That is like a handful of straw trying to help the Sun. One might as well bring a burning stick to bright burning hell...and all of history just repeats itself. When one door closes another one opens but others are resisting this cycle of eternal change; it is the only constant, the only certainty is change.

Edited by spacelizard667

Whats a Schmuck, if it has green blood then I'm not one.