Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Nibiru - Marduk

sumeria

Nibiru ( In Sumer language) or Marduk ( in Babylonian ) is a planet which enters to the solar system in each 3600 years. Once it had entered accordign to the Sumerians one of its moons has collided with the planet called Tiamat and as a result of this an asteroid belt and the Earth appeared as new members of the solar system.

In modern terms Nibiru is also called as Planet X. It is accepted to enter to the solar system again in the near future and pass by Earth and at the end it will terminate the civilization by creating earthquakes, tsunamis and polar shift. Many articles and conspiracy theories have been written about this. Some argued the the comet Elenin and Comet ISON to be the Nibiru and will cause above mentioned disasters on Earth. Sout Pole Telescope according to some is believed to be manufactured to observe Nibiru and it believed that the Nibiru is already in our solar system.

According to the ancient Sumerians, Nibiru is the homeland giant planet of the aliens called as Anunnaki. It is a red giant planet and Anunnaki living on it came to the Earth to collect gold mine in order to save their own planet's atmosphere.

Edited by sumeria

*sigh*

yeh... sales of Sitchin's dribble must be low again so they are trying some backdoor propaganda....

• Like 4

Why are you posting the same trite rubbish from Sitchin that has been debunked many times?

Do you have a specific question about this?

Before I even looked up Sitchin's credentials.....I knew I knew I knew that a Planet having an orbit like a Comet was whacked, and I am not a Scientist.

I am open to the idea that just maybe Hominids gotten a genetic boost, but Marduk, Tiamat, and others are Man made deities, not Planets, Gods, or Aliens.

Next time you read/hear something whacked, just add hoax, or debunked to it in your searches.This will balance things out, and give a broader perspective.

• Like 2

Nibiru ( In Sumer language) or Marduk ( in Babylonian ) is a planet which enters to the solar system in each 3600 years. Once it had entered accordign to the Sumerians one of its moons has collided with the planet called Tiamat and as a result of this an asteroid belt and the Earth appeared as new members of the solar system.

Sitchin wasn't a Sumerian.
  • Like 2

Sitchin wasn't a Sumerian.

only according to the new-speak dictionary:

Su·me·ri·an noun \sü-ˈmer-ē-ən, -ˈmir-\

1. Quack of the worst sort

I've often thought that Mr. Sitchin missed his true calling...he should have become a science fiction author. Then again, I guess he sorta did!

• Like 4

I've often thought that Mr. Sitchin missed his true calling...he should have become a science fiction author. Then again, I guess he sorta did!

quite, quite...

just that Science Fiction authors that try to pass their creations as facts generally are known under two different names: Fraud and Quack.

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 1

Just how many times can this dribble be debunked.....

To be successful with science fiction your story has to hold together with known understandings. To push fraud such consistency is not needed.

• Like 1

Just how many times can this dribble be debunked.....

Measure it against human gullibility and incredulity,and maybe you'll get an answer.
  • Like 1

Sighs even I who believe in AA finds his theory bull ****. They would have discovered a plant like that already like that near us, however we did discover a object or planet that had similar orbit too Stichens theory. But they have not discovered a planet like that near us so it's bull ****.

In modern terms Nibiru is also called as Planet X. It is accepted to enter to the solar system again in the near future and pass by Earth and at the end it will terminate the civilization by creating earthquakes, tsunamis and polar shift. Many articles and conspiracy theories have been written about this. Some argued the the comet Elenin and Comet ISON to be the Nibiru and will cause above mentioned disasters on Earth. Sout Pole Telescope according to some is believed to be manufactured to observe Nibiru and it believed that the Nibiru is already in our solar system.

According to the ancient Sumerians, Nibiru is the homeland giant planet of the aliens called as Anunnaki. It is a red giant planet and Anunnaki living on it came to the Earth to collect gold mine in order to save their own planet's atmosphere.

I'll make this really easy for you. Please point out in what Mesopotamian text/texts from the following that Nibiru (as the planet of the Anunnaki) or the Anunnaki (as extraterrestrials) can be found:

http://etcsl.orinst.ox.ac.uk/edition2/etcslbycat.php

Hint: You won't find it as neither is true.

cormac

• 1 year later...

A different take for Nibiru.

Recently Nasa released a computer animated video that suggest our solar system is part of the smaller Saggitarius Galaxy that is currently being consummed by the Milky Way galaxy. Part of the reason for this is that our solar system is highly tipped to the Milkey Way's galactic plane, and it shouldn't be. This would be due to the fact that our solar system plane is still aligned to the Sagittarius galactic center and plane, and we are in a limb of this galaxy that is currently passing through the outer Milkey Way's limb which we observe as p/o the Milkey Way's limb, but, perhaps in error. The Mayan 2012 date is to signify this passing through the galactic plane, to emerge on the other side.

If true, what does this mean?

I think that Nibiru was always p/o the Milkey Way, and our solar system (of Saggitarius Galaxy) captivated it when interacting with the outer limb region ot the Milkey Way. A galactic interaction can take millions of years to merge. This then explains the very high tip of our solar system to the Milkey way's galactic plane, but also, the highly tipped and possible retro-orbit of Nibiru, as it has been postulated by some. The presumption is that it would be in the Milky Way's plane prior to captivation, thus a highly tipped captivated planet in our solar system, if true. This has an effect on the actual age of the planet-x/Nibiru, meaning it wasn't formed as p/o our solar system. It could be younger, or older.

Thus, the Earthlings are the aliens (of Saggitarus system), and Nibiru has always been the Milkey Way's planet or object, to begin with. I strongly suggest everyone to watch Nasa's animation of this study as its kind of recent, or, new science. Both Galatic limbs are rarified such that these types of tit-for-tat planet or star swapping would be rare, I think. In other words, you may, or, may-not have this opportunity often, and likely remote to actually caputure a planet because they are just too far off, or, out of reach for this to happen with gravity. I think though that our solar system would be in proximity for as a minimum, thousands of years to pass through the Milky Way's limb, so that the age of Nibiru capture - if true - would be difficult to ascertain. Its orbital parameters, and its planet size are also difficult to obtain.

If we assume that indeed the Sumerians knew of this planet, then I think Stichin's aliens are inverted. We are the aliens, not planet-x as he inferred. I also think that Nibiru meaning as "planet of the crossing" may be in error, and that Biru as rock/stone/mountain (burg/berg) would be applicable. Or, to mean large-rock/stone as in a planet. I believe the - crossing - idea or translation may be derived from the name Iberia, with similar translation reductions. The "I" is a problem for me because I don't think Sumerians had the 5-vowels we use. This could then imply that Iberia couldn't have had an ancient "I", but may be as a "1", to mean 1-rock/stone, a deified god name, similar to "one-sky-father" perhaps in Arabic terms. Nibiru is a god in some circles, so this would still be the case. On the other hand, our entire solar system seems to be crossing over or through the Milkey Way's outer galactic plane as well. Could Sumerians have known this, and thus help define this translation? I don't think so. The Mayans called the Milky Way its "dark-center" but I doubt they had envisioned a "Black-Hole" in the Milky Way's center either, as known today (this black hole is actually slightly off-center).

The second effect is that our solar system may be behaving to two galactic centers so that we are experiencing a double-gravity galactic-strain from both galaxicies, in an assymetric way. I say this because the Nasa reports indicate that both systems are still in place and the Sagittarius system hasn't been fully assimilated into the Milky Way, yet. The Milky Way is significantly larger so this may be small pertabations in our solar system, and may be hard to actually measure these gravatational effects on our planets, or, our sun.

This thinking then can allow for a planet-x/Nibiru, and the peculiar orbital prognosis, if true.

Can this planet be found, and where would you look? I don't know if my theory is new, or not. I haven't read this yet by anybodys reports relative to planet-x, or Nibiru, but makes perfect sence to me, and fits the realm of current Nasa thinking about our solar system. I don't think Nasa has considered this as p/o a planet-x, but, I may be wrong.

See if this can be fashioned, GGG-guy.

Recently Nasa released a computer animated video that suggest our solar system is part of the smaller Saggitarius Galaxy that is currently being consummed by the Milky Way galaxy. Part of the reason for this is that our solar system is highly tipped to the Milkey Way's galactic plane, and it shouldn't be. This would be due to the fact that our solar system plane is still aligned to the Sagittarius galactic center and plane, and we are in a limb of this galaxy that is currently passing through the outer Milkey Way's limb which we observe as p/o the Milkey Way's limb, but, perhaps in error. The Mayan 2012 date is to signify this passing through the galactic plane, to emerge on the other side.

~SNIP~

You have a link to support your interpretation then, correct? Would be most appreciated if you posted it.

cormac

• Like 1

Apparently, 2007 is "recently" to you.

A website called Viewzone recently posted an article claiming that scientists have determined the Sun is not native to the Milky Way Galaxy, but instead was absorbed by the Milky Way while eating a smaller dwarf galaxy.

There’s just one eensy weensy problem with this: it’s totally wrong.

sag_dwarf.jpg

The Milky Way is the blue spiral, the dwarf galaxy is the red stream, and the Sun’s position is marked by the yellow dot. See how the dwarf galaxy is tilted with respect to the Milky Way? That means that all the stars from that galaxy are orbiting the Milky Way at that angle. So if the Sun came from the dwarf, we’d be orbiting the Milky Way at that angle ourselves!

We’re not. Studies of the Sun’s motion relative to the plane of the Milky Way (using the stars, globular clusters, other galaxies, and many other sources) make it a rock-solid certainty that the Sun’s orbit is in fact in the plane of the Milky Way. It’s not plunging through the disk at a high angle at all. So right away we see that the claim that the Sun is alien to the Milky Way is complete rubbish.

Seriously, we’re done here. You can stop.

Oh, you want more? OK. Let’s continue the smackdown...

Source

There are no records from any Mesopotamian culture that refers to any planet as Nibiru. Nibiru is a Sumerian word that means "a place of crossing." This usually denoted a bridge or a gate, even a doorway. Also, it often indicated a river ford, such as the city of Nippur once was, which city was known in ancient times as Nibiru, the city of Enlil.

Harte

• Like 1

I'll attach a few links.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sagittarius_Dwarf_Spheroidal_Galaxy

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread689434/pg1

Because the Milky Way's galactic center is in the constellation Sagitarius, I don't think they are the same. The Sagittarius galaxy is on the other side when viewing its current location twords the Milky Way galactic center. It would be highly masked by space dust to image through the Milky Way center, which is why multiple telescopes and techniques were employed, then computer assimillated into the current thesis on this topic. Seems quite real to me.

If I'm correct about planet-x being captivated this way, then one would expect to find this planet in the plane of the Milky Way, which would make it difficult likewise to find and image due to the amount of debris of stars, dust, and nebulas in the Milky Way plane. ikewise, a planet even 4 times larger than Earth would be quite tiny for an image, even if you did find it. Are we looking in the right place for planet-x? I too am skeptical about planet-x, but this may re-awaken the theories somewhat. Is seems to me, this a more practical science to apply?

Again, I don't think anyone has postulated this yet (concerning planet-x), so it is of my own thinking. This holds even if someone else has a similar postulation other than me for a planet-x. If so, I don't know of this, nor, who it may be, anyway, at this point in time. I wouldn't make a sweeping statement suggesting that there is NO planet-x at this point in time. I own an 8" f/7 telescope I hand figured the parabolic mirror for, and built from scratch, so I'm not naive. I also have worked on several space telescope optical system assembly and testing (including radiometric calibration both visable and IR), so I'm somewhat aware about detectivity of images in this arena. This was through Hughes Aircraft, GM, now Raytheon. Both Nasa and DoD type optical systems.

Ok, read the link Harte posted.

Our solar system is local to the Milky Way.

The link to ATS goes back to the origibal story that made the claim. A link to a forum post also is not a good reference.

The wiki link doesn't support the idea either, just speaks that the two are colliding.

This is also predicated on a claim made up by Zechariah Sitchin which has been debunked.

Edited by KolchacktheNightStalker

I'll attach a few links.

https://en.wikipedia...heroidal_Galaxy

http://www.abovetops...hread689434/pg1

Because the Milky Way's galactic center is in the constellation Sagitarius, I don't think they are the same. The Sagittarius galaxy is on the other side when viewing its current location twords the Milky Way galactic center. It would be highly masked by space dust to image through the Milky Way center, which is why multiple telescopes and techniques were employed, then computer assimillated into the current thesis on this topic. Seems quite real to me.

If I'm correct about planet-x being captivated this way, then one would expect to find this planet in the plane of the Milky Way, which would make it difficult likewise to find and image due to the amount of debris of stars, dust, and nebulas in the Milky Way plane. ikewise, a planet even 4 times larger than Earth would be quite tiny for an image, even if you did find it. Are we looking in the right place for planet-x? I too am skeptical about planet-x, but this may re-awaken the theories somewhat. Is seems to me, this a more practical science to apply?

Again, I don't think anyone has postulated this yet (concerning planet-x), so it is of my own thinking. This holds even if someone else has a similar postulation other than me for a planet-x. If so, I don't know of this, nor, who it may be, anyway, at this point in time. I wouldn't make a sweeping statement suggesting that there is NO planet-x at this point in time. I own an 8" f/7 telescope I hand figured the parabolic mirror for, and built from scratch, so I'm not naive. I also have worked on several space telescope optical system assembly and testing (including radiometric calibration both visable and IR), so I'm somewhat aware about detectivity of images in this arena. This was through Hughes Aircraft, GM, now Raytheon. Both Nasa and DoD type optical systems.

In other words just something else you didn't understand and are presenting it as something it isn't. That figures. <_<

cormac

I'm not going to attempt to cover a "smear" campaing. Newer concepts are hard to swallow, but a smear attempt won't wash away the concept, will it. I attached my references. And there is a lot more on the web on this, but little directed with respect to any planet-x that I'm aware of. Your on your own for the time being. You may want to think about this before you make rash decisions, which is very un-scientific. If you all knew the answers so well, than we wouldn't need this forum, would we? I hate to see your feathers ruffled so easily, but your on your own now. And true, I don't know the answers, nor whether or not my concept will hold up under scientific scrutiny, in the end. This does make perfect sence, in my opinion.

If you disagree okay, but don't attempt to intimidate me with smear tactics in your wreckless way. I've not in the least way changed my mind from this pitiful display. The Wiki page states clearly the names of the people who postulated this Sagitarrius galaxy based theory. Excuse me, but I don't think this is fact, yet, and I doubt most people have even heard of this galaxy, yet. I've asked many people and none knew this. It is kind of new to the average people who don't specifically study, nor even ever review these sciences.

Also, even if the Sumerians didn't have a Nibiru planet, Their inscriptions from pictures and/or roller seals certainly show additional planets, by count. This doesn't mean I agree with Stichin, or anybody elses definitions. You can't erase these factors with the silly statements. I haven't postulated this as "fact" either.

Can you prove I'm wrong? I doubt it. Get real, GGG guy.