Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

You're going to hell! Join us or die ?

LostSouls7

Hell or hades only means the grave.

When we get old we are all going to "hell" one day.

Even Jesus was in Hell The Grave.

It's not a magical place with Eternal fire and devils feeding homer simpson donuts.

Is that the best they can do? Join the church or go to hell?

I am tired of these fools saying if you do magic or you believe this or that you are going to hell.

Well of course, because we will all go to the grave one day.

Unless you are an undead vampire or something.

Let the games commence.

It's not a magical place with Eternal fire and devils feeding homer simpson donuts.

I am tired of these fools saying if you do magic or you believe this or that you are going to hell.

Let the games commence.

What you need is some type of anti-christian fanatic amulet or talisman to ward off those nasty fanatic christians. Then you could use it and say "Away with you Jesus god. Do not send your servants to me"

Conjuring up a fire spitting demon helps to.

I hear ya, man, I deal with it all the time. Why would I want to go to heaven if all my friends are in hell. What I say to them is "Satan is bringing the wings, I'm doing the deviled eggs, what are you bring?"

What you need is some type of anti-christian fanatic amulet or talisman to ward off those nasty fanatic christians. Then you could use it and say "Away with you Jesus god. Do not send your servants to me"

Conjuring up a fire spitting demon helps to.

You can buy those? I want some to hand out to the Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on my door. Either that or a really big pentagram.

I hear ya, man, I deal with it all the time. Why would I want to go to heaven if all my friends are in hell. What I say to them is "Satan is bringing the wings, I'm doing the deviled eggs, what are you bring?"

I'll bring devils food cake.

• Like 1

Let the games commence.

You've just presented the true biblical teaching on this matter.

Yes al humans die and go the grave where they ALL rest as if asleep until the two judgement days. On the first those who are saved are given immortal life. On the second those not saved are killed, body and soul. they cease to exist physically or as spiritual entities.

There is no torment in some sort of hades/hell, because as you said, hell is just the grave and the only biblical consequence of bad behaviour is death. But the righteous are rewarded with a new and immortal life not in heaven but on a new earth, described as being much like eden is described as being. While not a bible believer this is the account laid out in the bible for anyone to read. The 'early" catholic church added the rest to make the threat of hell more scary and to win more converts.

Different religions have different views on what hell is like, not everybody is sent there. Also when you die you just become worm and maggot food

Different religions have different views on what hell is like, not everybody is sent there. Also when you die you just become worm and maggot food

not if you're cremated

"Magic" is the exaltation of the will of the magician over that of the deity. Every person who asks god for a favor is practicing magic. And that's really a useless exercise because. presumably, god already knew what he was going to do, so he isn't really changing anything.

Doug

Most religious people that I've met and talked to are far more polite than that (yes, even the Jehovah's Witnesses).

Some atheists see all religion as an attack on their (non)belief system. I say, get over it. If you don't believe in it, what should it matter to you then?

Water off a duck's back.

• Like 2

Most religious people that I've met and talked to are far more polite than that (yes, even the Jehovah's Witnesses).

Some atheists see all religion as an attack on their (non)belief system. I say, get over it. If you don't believe in it, what should it matter to you then?

Water off a duck's back.

Because everybody likes everyone else to feel sorry for the. Of course on that note, I can't help but notice most of the anti religious who love drawing attention to how anti religious they are tend to come from the good ol' Bible Belt.

• Like 1

...I can't help but notice most of the anti religious who love drawing attention to how anti religious they are tend to come from the good ol' Bible Belt.

Most likely a demographic probability. It's natural to somewhat reject what your parents believed in...(religion, music, hairstyles... whatever).

I was brought up in a non-religious environment where religion wasn't discussed in polite company. Even the religious members of my extended family didn't bring it up.

Religion is a personal choice. Far be it from me to tell anyone that 'they're wrong', or for them to tell me, 'I'm wrong.' That's just rude.

• Like 2

You can buy those? I want some to hand out to the Jehovah's Witnesses that knock on my door. Either that or a really big pentagram.

I have just the right talisman to rid you of those pesky Jehovah's Witnesses from knocking on your door, Beany. And you don't have to buy it or have someone else make it for you, you can actually create this one yourself. Don't worry it's real easy and it really works.

First thing is you need is two materials;

1. A clean sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper. (no writing lines on it, because that defeats the purpose of the talisman)

2. One gigantic blood red marker that writes big. (the color red is important. It's psychological to them, don't ask me why)

3. Weather proof tape. (duct tape is usually the best)

Next you will need to write these sacred words on the paper (talisman) as big as possible on the paper, to empower your talisman with the energies of your being. These are the sacred words you must write, Beany:

NO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!!

Then all you haft to do is tape this talisman to the front of your door. That's it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

P.S. If by some crazy reason it does not work and they do knock on your door anyway...then you will haft to conjure up fowl smelling breathing breath demon. :devil:

Edited by Purifier

Because everybody likes everyone else to feel sorry for the. Of course on that note, I can't help but notice most of the anti religious who love drawing attention to how anti religious they are tend to come from the good ol' Bible Belt.

Amen! (I live where the buckle on the Bible Belt meets the buckle on the Football belt - I've already been to hell.). But just why do you think that the anti-religious come from the Bible Belt?

Doug

Amen! (I live where the buckle on the Bible Belt meets the buckle on the Football belt - I've already been to hell.). But just why do you think that the anti-religious come from the Bible Belt?

Doug

I'm not speaking for all anti religious people, but its just an observation from experience here. I think it may be the result of churches being a little more, er... "enthusiastic" down there. Whereas in by particular stretch of California, churches are way more laid back (for the most part), the church I attended as a lad was non-denominational, never had a pastor whipping out snakes or any of that malarkey, so I ended coming out of it without any bitterness towards it.

Granted we do have some nutters on both sides over here, but there fairly few and far between.

• Like 1

The funniest thing I ever told a Jehovah's witness was, "Satan told me you where coming." You have to keep a straight face though.

The bible belt suck, all you have are fire and brimstone preachers. Sure there are a few nice ones but there few and far between.

Edited by XenoFish
  • Like 2

The funniest thing I ever told a Jehovah's witness was, "Satan told me you where coming." You have to keep a straight face though.

The bible belt suck, all you have are fire and brimstone preachers. Sure there are a few nice ones but there few and far between.

:w00t: I'm so using that one next time they show up - and I'm a christian :P

• Like 1

I live next door to two JW's they never brother me. They are really good neighbors. The Baptist I know are much worse. I never had a JW dump me as friend because of my religion. I have with Baptist. I never said anything about their religion all I did was say I'm a Pagan. I know why the Bible atheist are so anti religion, they are treated very poorly by Bible belt Christians, as are Pagans. Just try to organize a Pagan festival in the Bible belt and the Christians well do all they can to stop it. I am sure the atheist encounter the same oppositions when they try to have a public get together. Many Bible belt Christians have a bad habit of thinking freedom of religion only applies to them. So can you blame atheist from the Bible belt for being rather testy.

keep in mind heaven or hell are what suppose to be God's property

therfore no man ( or woman ) decide who gets in or no in eaither

you shouldn't listen to people much :D

I have just the right talisman to rid you of those pesky Jehovah's Witnesses from knocking on your door, Beany. And you don't have to buy it or have someone else make it for you, you can actually create this one yourself. Don't worry it's real easy and it really works.

First thing is you need is two materials;

1. A clean sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper. (no writing lines on it, because that defeats the purpose of the talisman)

2. One gigantic blood red marker that writes big. (the color red is important. It's psychological to them, don't ask me why)

3. Weather proof tape. (duct tape is usually the best)

Next you will need to write these sacred words on the paper (talisman) as big as possible on the paper, to empower your talisman with the energies of your being. These are the sacred words you must write, Beany:

NO JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!!!

Then all you haft to do is tape this talisman to the front of your door. That's it! Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

P.S. If by some crazy reason it does not work and they do knock on your door anyway...then you will haft to conjure up fowl smelling breathing breath demon. :devil:

I just started answering my door naked like with anyone who comes to my door.

i figure people either come to accept it, or I just dont have to deal w/ their presence.

• Like 1

There are a few decent folks around. They're mostly in hiding, though. You have to have connections to find them.

Slightly off-topic, but: an atheist I know came home with a new door today. It had the classic New England style Cross-and-Open-Bible design. I pointed that out. She was somewhat chagrinned, to put it mildly.

You can't get away from it.

Doug