Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Saw a ufo in Spain on holiday

Sp3ctre

So I don't know if you like to discuss stories or not without video or picture, but hey, here's my little sighting anyway.

So I went on holiday to the Costa del Sol, Spain with family as my uncle lives out there, and stayed in my uncle's villa. One of the nights, I was sat out on the balcony with my uncle just looking at the sky, talking about all sorts of space things lol.. Then all of a sudden my uncle points this object out in the sky, there was a big white ball of light nearly the size of the moon in the sky. Slowly it moved straight downwards in terms of vision whilst dimming at the same time until it had almost completely disappeared, at which point it shot off at a completely different direction, diagonally upwards and left, towards the north-west at what I can only describe as the speed of light, it left a beam of light which deteriorated almost immediately after. Now I'm a logical person and I could not find a single answer for that.. any ideas?

• Like 3

Yep, that sounds like a UFO alright. I've seen something I can't explain as well, it was over 30 years ago and I still don't have a good explanation.

Yeah I'm guessing most people that have seen similar things most likely will never have a true explanation.. I mean unless some kind of alien come and says hey, that was us :D lol. I wish I could have a big read thru all of the classified ufo documents about all of the crashes/mass sightings in the past.. I mean, they must know something, or why cover all this stuff up.. I bet I saw a weather balloon eh? ;)

welcome aboard, Sp3ctre.

First of all, i want to let you know that whenever you claim something on this here forum,

it's always better to back it upwith some evidence at least.

There's ****loads of people claiming the most far-out stuff,

either never coming back on answers afterwards or turning out to be a little...uhhm...crazy.

Second, this is not a believers-only forum, and there's some fierce and well-educated

skeptics around that will read posts with very close scrutiny. Nonsense posters will usually get eaten alive...

Anyway, my reason to write back is that about 15 years ago, i had almost the same sighting, only out of a driving car with 3 others seeing it, too. we took it for a helicopter lowering down over the car first, but then we stopped to see wtf is going on,but we didn't hear any sound. As soon as the car had stopped, the light disappeared in exactly the way you described.

this is the first time i post that experience here, and only because it's so strikingly similar. Cool

• Like 1

Thank you for that post, that's fine I'm not one of those kind of people haha, I just wanted to share my experience somewhere, I wish I did have some evidence.

As you say with yours, mine also made no noise, something that seems very common in the ufo world.

I'm one of the people who are just amazed by this sort of thing, I mean unless the government has a top secret kind of spaceship, which I highly doubt, it has to be something of intelligent origin.. What or where it came from.. I do not know.. and there are so many similar stories just like mine, and some with a lot more evidence. These cases can't be simply forgotten, there has to be something more to it..

There have been some documentaries on the discovery science channel recently which I've been watching, alien mysteries I think it's called. There are lots of different cases and some of them are really interesting and have a lot of facts to back them up, a case in Rendlesham forest in the UK for instance where two army men are supposedly abducted on Christmas 1980. Worth a watch at the least.

Thank you for that post, that's fine I'm not one of those kind of people haha, I just wanted to share my experience somewhere, I wish I did have some evidence.

As you say with yours, mine also made no noise, something that seems very common in the ufo world.

i'm pretty sure you'll get a lot of answers from all perspectives, but probably no explanation. I'm still puzzeld by the event after all these years, but i never found out what it was. (if i'd have been alone i'd probably simply have thought i had one drink too much ;) )

Just don't make the conclusion UFO=alien spaceship. A weird light in the sky can have pretty earthbound origins.

Just check out some recent threads in the UFO subforum, then you'll see what i mean.... :tu:

Here is what can only be described as a somewhat poor rendition of an object flying above the town of Benidorm in Alicante, Spain (Costa Blanca) that I observed a few weeks ago. The hard outlines of the object are an artifact from using Word Art and in fact their were no hard edges to what I saw. The smaller orange coloured circles at the Loci of the larger elipse were glowing (not pulsing) and the larger Elipse appeared to to be substantially composed by a plasma- type fluorescecnce.

Thats it, I could not identify what I saw, could not guage its size or height with any degree of accuracy (night-time), except that it appeared to be half the size of the rooftop of the hotel it flew over (so in excess of 70 metres in length), it flew at a steady, almost leisurely speed (possibly approx 100Knots), made no manoeuvres at all, displayed no Navigation Lights at all, and left no discernible exhaust trail or sound.

If somebody can tell me how to upload a JPEG of the drawing I made of the object I will be glad to do so..

Edited by keithisco

OK, this is officially "strange". I just made a post recounting a sighting that I experienced on the Costa Blanca just a couple of weeks ago and it has now...disappeared :unsure2: was it intercepted by :alien: ???

Hey! Just noticed that it is back again :unsure2: :unsure2: :unsure2:

Managed to upload a Gif image of the object I saw in the below post...

Edited by keithisco

Now I'm a logical person and I could not find a single answer for that.. any ideas?

You're in the same boat as a lot of us.

• Like 2

So I don't know if you like to discuss stories or not without video or picture, but hey, here's my little sighting anyway.

So I went on holiday to the Costa del Sol, Spain with family as my uncle lives out there, and stayed in my uncle's villa. One of the nights, I was sat out on the balcony with my uncle just looking at the sky, talking about all sorts of space things lol.. Then all of a sudden my uncle points this object out in the sky, there was a big white ball of light nearly the size of the moon in the sky. Slowly it moved straight downwards in terms of vision whilst dimming at the same time until it had almost completely disappeared, at which point it shot off at a completely different direction, diagonally upwards and left, towards the north-west at what I can only describe as the speed of light, it left a beam of light which deteriorated almost immediately after. Now I'm a logical person and I could not find a single answer for that.. any ideas?

Hi Sp3ctre and a warm welcome to the site buddy. :tu:

You came to the right place alright, there are loads of us that like nothing better than to hear of a strange sighting straight from the horses mouth [so to speak]...Would you mind just filling in a couple of blank spaces in your testimony my friend?....such as the exact location and date of sighting.

And also could you elaborate a little as to the duration of the event...an estimation of proximity to the 'light/object' ...and was it completely white?...plus, I know that you said that the object 'faded as it descended but was it's luminosity even...or did it pulsate or flicker in any manner?...Did you notice if there were any other witnesses in the area? [neighbouring Villa's etc]...and when the object sped off at this phenomenal speed [leaving the bright streak] did the luminosity of the object itself increase...decrease...or stay constant?

.....and it would be appreciated if you could think of any other detail that you haven't so far mentioned!

Cheers Buddy.

• Like 1

Thank you for the welcome :) right, down to business, I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can, although as for the date I do not remember the exact date though I will try to work it out and I'll update when I have. As for location it was in Benal Madena, I'm not from Spain so I do not know the district's etc. The duration, well it wasn't very long, it must have lasted around 10-15 seconds at most. It seemed to be very distant at first although it was very large, and it seemed to get closer even as the light was decreasing, I couldn't be too sure but at its lowest point, right before it took off, it seemed to be around 3-4,000 metres altitude at an estimate. I couldn't really tell. As to the speed of the decrease in light it was very smooth as if turning down a dim light. When it shot off it seemed to flash slightly and the beam was there for a second or so and just vanished as one, I mean, the beam didn't have a chance to fade the way that a smoke trail from a plane would, it just instantly disappeared after a second. As for other witnesses in the area, I would have loved to ask people, though being on holiday I didn't know anyone in the area, it was around 3 am too so I don't imagine many people were awake watching the skies. I would love to hear of someone else who saw it though. I can't think of much else detail-wise though I will update when I have worked out the date. I believe it was around the 20th June though I might be completely wrong, I'll work it out though :)

hi Sp3tre that is an interesting sighting.

What i find of particular interest is the beam of light. I have posted about the light streak I saw in NZ elsewhere in the forum so if you dont mind...

It was night time, yellowish white and instantaneous. It disappeared as fast as it appeared.

Something travelled from A to B leaving an intense light trail for a split second and this is the important bit.... it disappeared from point A all the way to point B at the same speed it had appeared. Lightening fast. It reappeared at a right angle 20 sec or so later and did the exact same thing. What is odd of my sighting is the object that made the light beam was not visible.

The only other way I can help anyone reading this understand is if you hold a coiled spring in your left hand, stretch it at arms length with your right hand then let go with your left.

Did the beam you see have similar characteristics?

Interesting post, doesn't sound like an attention grab at all, just someone who saw something they can't quite explain. Frankly, I like this thread better than some of the "picture" threads where the pictures are so bad hehe, so thanks for posting it.

I'm not going to guess about what you saw, but I do believe you saw something odd, which is pretty cool in and of itself. I personally think most if not all legitimate sightings are linked to one of two things:

1 - actual craft of some sort, either normal or top secret stuff.

2 - unexplained atmospheric anomolies. (could be as simple as seeing venus, or as comlex as atmospheric plasma etc.)

The second one is of great interest to me, but it doesn't sound like yours was a "nature related" sighting.

Edited by CakeOrDeath

Second, this is not a believers-only forum, and there's some fierce and well-educated

skeptics around that will read posts with very close scrutiny. Nonsense posters will usually get eaten alive...

:devil: :devil: :devil:

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum Spectre and yes, there are a lot of skeptics here but you aren't claiming to have seen a space ship and are simply asking for a reasonable explanation of something you saw at night and none of these skeptics would harrass someone looking for a reasonable explanation of a seemingly unexplainable event. Some things are, simply, unexplainable given the facts presented but we will do our best.

I see that your location was about a mile and a half from the shore of the Meduiiterranean Sea and you were on an elevated patio. I don't know what the weather conditions were but could it have been a fishing boat spotlight illuminating a scattered cloud layer and then being moved about before being turned off? Many fishing boats use very high powered lights, visble from miles away, to attract fish and maybe they were testing before starting operations for the night.

Thank you for the welcome :) right, down to business, I'll try to answer your questions as best as I can, although as for the date I do not remember the exact date though I will try to work it out and I'll update when I have. As for location it was in Benal Madena, I'm not from Spain so I do not know the district's etc. The duration, well it wasn't very long, it must have lasted around 10-15 seconds at most. It seemed to be very distant at first although it was very large, and it seemed to get closer even as the light was decreasing, I couldn't be too sure but at its lowest point, right before it took off, it seemed to be around 3-4,000 metres altitude at an estimate. I couldn't really tell. As to the speed of the decrease in light it was very smooth as if turning down a dim light. When it shot off it seemed to flash slightly and the beam was there for a second or so and just vanished as one, I mean, the beam didn't have a chance to fade the way that a smoke trail from a plane would, it just instantly disappeared after a second. As for other witnesses in the area, I would have loved to ask people, though being on holiday I didn't know anyone in the area, it was around 3 am too so I don't imagine many people were awake watching the skies. I would love to hear of someone else who saw it though. I can't think of much else detail-wise though I will update when I have worked out the date. I believe it was around the 20th June though I might be completely wrong, I'll work it out though :)

Thanks for taking the time to reply Sp3ctre,....and yes I hear what you are saying ....it sure was a puzzling sight for anyone to make sense of my friend!...and from what you tell us, I have to say that just like you,.. I have no idea what this thing could be.?

The reason that I asked for your location [but failed to ask in which direction the object left the scene] was that whilst I was poking around another UFO report that occurred on the Costa Del Sol in April 2012...

http://www.theolivepress.es/spain-news/2012/04/14/ufo-claims-surround-military-jet-mystery-on-the-costa-del-sol/

I became aware that in the general vicinity [around 90 miles N/W of your villa ...as the ufo flies .lol] there is an American Air Force base at Moron de la Frontera, and wondered if that might possibly have any bearing on your sighting. ...you know the type of thing that i'm getting at,...secret developments etc!

But on re-digesting your description of the object and it's unfathomable actions...perhaps not eh?

I checked the usual sources online to see if your sighting had been reported by anyone else and have so far come up empty handed. [but of course that doesn't mean that no one else saw it!...just that they didn't officially report it!]...and unless some other information about the event comes to light...i'm afraid that this thing will remain as one of those "interesting but never resolved sightings", that i'm sure will always be stuck irritatingly in the back of your mind!

...I don't hold much hope of gleening much more information about your sighting Sp3ctre...but i'll keep looking for a while, and thanks for sharing anyway.

Cheers Buddy.

Thank you for all of your replies and stories. The beam was the same in terms of the way it was there as one and disappeared as one, making me believe the thing must have been travelling at near light speed, it looked to be a fairly pure white, maybe a slight tinge though. To Merc, I don't believe it could have been a spotlight as I couldn't see any light beam coming from anywhere,and the object itself seemed too controlled, and also when it zipped off, the beam that was left for a second could not have been caused by any kind of torch, at least from what I know of. 1963, that is one of my thoughts, though I doubt anyone on earth has the technology to create something that could replicate what I saw. Well to be fair you never know, they might even have a catalogue of ufos that crash landed over time and government officials just get to fly them around everywhere. ;) Haha.

• Like 1

Thank you for all of your replies and stories. The beam was the same in terms of the way it was there as one and disappeared as one, making me believe the thing must have been travelling at near light speed, it looked to be a fairly pure white, maybe a slight tinge though. To Merc, I don't believe it could have been a spotlight as I couldn't see any light beam coming from anywhere,and the object itself seemed too controlled, and also when it zipped off, the beam that was left for a second could not have been caused by any kind of torch, at least from what I know of. 1963, that is one of my thoughts, though I doubt anyone on earth has the technology to create something that could replicate what I saw. Well to be fair you never know, they might even have a catalogue of ufos that crash landed over time and government officials just get to fly them around everywhere. ;) Haha.

Do you remember what the weather conditions were?

:devil: :devil: :devil:

....EXACTLY!! :D

• Like 1

Do you remember what the weather conditions were?

It was clear, I don't think there was a cloud in the sky.

The stars looked pretty amazing that night too.

Edited by Sp3ctre

I'm one of the people who are just amazed by this sort of thing, I mean unless the government has a top secret kind of spaceship, which I highly doubt, it has to be something of intelligent origin.. What or where it came from.. I do not know.. and there are so many similar stories just like mine, and some with a lot more evidence. These cases can't be simply forgotten, there has to be something more to it..

There have been some documentaries on the discovery science channel recently which I've been watching, alien mysteries I think it's called. There are lots of different cases and some of them are really interesting and have a lot of facts to back them up, a case in Rendlesham forest in the UK for instance where two army men are supposedly abducted on Christmas 1980. Worth a watch at the least.

Thanks for sharing. Was it a long time ago?