Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Iran has begun to halt enrichment of uranium

questionmark

Iran has started rolling back its nuclear activities by halting the enrichment of uranium to 20% in its two main facilities, as part of a deal struck in Geneva last year.

In a move that could potentially lead to the end of a decade-long dispute over Tehran's nuclear programme, Iranian scientists on Monday cut the links feeding centrifuges in the Natanz plan and at Fordow, an underground site near Qom, in the presence of inspectors from the International Atomic Energy Agency. The EU reciprocated on Monday by announcing moves to lift some of sanctions against Iran after the IAEA confirmed Tehran's had begun to halt uranium enrichment.

Ali Akbar Salehi, the head of Iran's atomic energy organisation, said in a televised report that Tehran was due to halt enrichment at 20% by midday. "The voluntary suspension of the 20% uranium enrichment takes place in two cascades in Natanz and four cascades in Fordow," he said.

Read more

oops... distraction gone!

Edited by questionmark
  • Like 2

QM, I've missed a lot of this stuff in the news lately. What's the deal with Iran & Syria suddenly getting good reportage and being our pals again?

• Like 1

QM, I've missed a lot of this stuff in the news lately. What's the deal with Iran & Syria suddenly getting good reportage and being our pals again?

I've been trying to keep up but I have the same question...I really don't understand about these shifting alliances. It seems wrong.

But the story of Iran and enrichment is the same as saying a driver took his foot off the accelerator. It doesn't mean much when he's still driving and nothing has changed except his choice to press the pedal again. Sorry to be a wet blanket but change that can itself be changed in a day isn't much of a move forward IMO.

• Like 2

I've been trying to keep up but I have the same question...I really don't understand about these shifting alliances. It seems wrong.

But the story of Iran and enrichment is the same as saying a driver took his foot off the accelerator. It doesn't mean much when he's still driving and nothing has changed except his choice to press the pedal again. Sorry to be a wet blanket but change that can itself be changed in a day isn't much of a move forward IMO.

Quite simple,after billions set in the sand we seem to have to the conclusion that we can't fix the ME and that they have to sort it out by themselves.

Now, the next we will be hearing from is the extreme religious right.

Quite simple,after billions set in the sand we seem to have to the conclusion that we can't fix the ME and that they have to sort it out by themselves.

Now, the next we will be hearing from is the extreme religious right.

So that means that the mass murdering enemies we had are no longer our enemies? Apologies for being so dumb, but who the hell do our leaders think they are kidding? Bad guys don't suddenly turn into good guys, fgs.

Unless of course they were lying to us in the first place about the bad guys. Which in turn begs the question, "Who ARE the good guys?"

I wish my father's generation were here. Then we would know.... from honest men.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 2

Lol. Think how you would like to be treated. Every people you meet wants at least that. Good guy is the guy who tries to treat others in similar ways he himself wants to be treated in the first place. It is not easy to be a good guy. Would you like to get away with it whem you do a wrong to somebody? Would you like somebody else to get away with it when they do a wrong to you?

Edited by thyra

I wouldn't trust that shower of camel jockeys as far as I could spit against the wind in a hurricane.

I've been around their back yard dozens of times in the past and nothing has changed for 30 yrs in their attitude towards western people.

It seems to be an honour for them to lie,cheat and steal from anything/person from west of Suez,and that doesn't apply to only Iranians.

• Like 2

I wouldn't trust that shower of camel jockeys as far as I could spit against the wind in a hurricane.

I've been around their back yard dozens of times in the past and nothing has changed for 30 yrs in their attitude towards western people.

It seems to be an honour for them to lie,cheat and steal from anything/person from west of Suez,and that doesn't apply to only Iranians.

Imagine a world where they called the shots.... it doesn't p*** me off that someone beside the west might someday hold sway but it very much upsets me that it could be someone who is completely unwilling to even TRY to live and let live. THAT is what we'd have if the Iranians hold sway over the M.E.

Well I know I feel better....

If you have nuclear weapons you like, you can keep your nuclear weapons. (period)

• Like 2

I think this story is all bull.they want us to believe that Iran has stopped the enrichment if uranium but will still do it

• Like 2

Iranians are nice people, its only thier religious leaders who are dangerous and Iranians are Persians not arabs

• Like 2

Iranians are nice people, its only thier religious leaders who are dangerous and Iranians are Persians not arabs

I will have to agree with you - at least on the few I have met. I'd go so far as say VERY nice. Had one for a neighbor and he was the best neighbor I ever had. I feel badly for them -they ALREADY are under subjugation for the most part.
  • Like 2