Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Are these Paranormal Abilities?

Ugly1

Hey everyone, it is I the Ugly One! This may be a little long winded in certain areas of the read but I will try my best to keep from wandering off to far.

First of all let me say that this will be partly about my father, partly about myself and partly about martial arts. We may also have a cameo or two in here. Since I don't really know where to begin, I will just start somewhere that I think plays an important part of the lineage of these abilities. In the 1960's there was a man named Aubrey Lee that volunteered to join the Army when others were getting drafted. This man did a few tours of duty based out of Camp Holloway while in Vietnam and he would live in Okinawa Japan at the Army Base while not on a tour of duty. While living in Okinawa he had a room mate who was taking martial arts. This man convinced Aubrey Lee that he should take martial arts as well because of the legitimacy of the instructor as well as the techniques that could save their lives in combat. Aubrey Lee started training and really did not like the fact that he was getting beat up by these people even though he was a trained killer being US Army Special Forces. After a bit of time Aubrey had enough of that so he quit. He stayed quit for a few weeks until his room mate convinced him otherwise. Aubrey Lee was told that he did not have to go to Karate class but when the room mate got home, he would practice the karate he learned on Aubrey whether Aubrey wanted to learn to defend himself or not. From what I was informed, it did not take Aubrey long to get back into karate class after that.

I can not honestly tell you right now if Aubrey Lee knew who it was that he was learning martial arts from and the significance behind that or if it was just blind luck that put him in a school that could teach him the techniques that are not available to most. In these days watered down versions of Matsumura Seito were being shown to most foreigners because they did not like the harsh old teachings of this Okinawan style. Not only were these teachings not taught to foreigners but they were also very secretive among even teaching their own people the teachings that were normally handed down through family only. You could always have gone to a Karate master to learn, but what they would teach you could vary student to student. Some karate masters would intentionally change their kata or forms so that others could not copy them, or steal the techniques from within the style. The style of Matsumura is deeply intertwined with the mental and physical discipline of the Shaolin monks training.

At some point or another it is realized by the masters that Aubrey Lee is a different breed than most other Americans. I can not honestly tell you why they decided to train him in the old, secret ways. These are basically ways that are only taught to family yet for some reason Aubrey Lee was to be taught this. At this time Aubrey is many years, and many tours of combat into martial arts and the discipline. I will say that Aubrey Lee was scarred from combat. Post Traumatic stress has taken its toll and Aubrey is not your typical person anymore. When Aubrey renewed his contract with the Army for his 3rd tour of Vietnam when his mother cried "Why?" he replied "the Vietcong hasn't got me on the first two tours like they had his friends, so I want to give them another chance." I really think the depth of his pain, and the place that his experiences had put him in mentally made him the perfect candidate for an inheritor of the inner circles teachings. Aubrey survives more hell in Vietnam and finally comes back stateside.

My first memories that are vivid are roughly in 1986. I remember looking out our sliding glass door and seeing what must have been 20-30 people in our back yard all in Karate uniforms doing the same punches from the Horse Stance working on their punching techniques. I was interested of course because I want to do what dad does, so I got my karate gi and joined in. Several years of karate later (Off and on. I was not a full time karate student every day) I am still a white belt and I ask my father when I can get promoted. I want to be a black belt so I can beat people up of course, but I wouldn't tell him that. He informed me that a belt was used to hold my pants up and even if I studied under him every day all day that he would not give me a black belt until I turned 18 years of age.

What I did not realize growing up is that I was getting 1 on 1 instruction from a teacher of teachers in martial arts. I knew that my father was good, but not what I had at my fingertips to learn if I applied myself. Even though I did not apply myself 100% there were "Techniques" that my father would show me to do things that the average person couldn't do, including myself. What I mean by this is that by thinking certain thoughts, you can basically go from no strength or leverage to superhuman strength and leverage. One demonstration that was used often was simply making a ring or an O out of your thumb and pointer finger. You then have a person get their fingers and put them on both sides of the inside of your ring and then try to pull your fingers apart to break the ring. The person doing the pulling will have the strength of their back, shoulders, and arms to pull your fingers apart while you simply have the "Strength" of your fingers to keep them together. The ring wins and not the person pulling the O apart if you apply your mind the correct way. There is another demonstration that I have mentioned on here before where you hold your arm in front of you and rest your right (or left) arm on the person in front of you right shoulder. The part you rest on them will be your wrist but your palms will be faced towards the sky. Now what you do is have the other person apply pressure (Not Jerking pressure, but a slow strong pressure that is increasing) pressing down with both arms in the crease of your elbow trying to get your arm to bend. The arm will win with the correct state of mind once again. A more advanced technique would be where one stands on a chair with their arms pointed out side to side basically making a t. Next you would have a student go to each of this arms and grab on at the wrist and then lift their feet off the ground and dangle from the person standing on the chair. This goes on for minutes with a man that ways about 180 lbs standing on the chair with 2 students hanging one being 200+ lbs.

These are basic examples that can be taught in a matter of minutes (Not the advanced technique but the first two). Mastering these techniques cannot be done in 5 minutes but you can actually test this in 5 minutes. Here is what I mean. When describing this to people and letting them try the techniques they are not able to completely keep their arm from bending but I do notice an immense increase in their "Strength". For example this could be a 90 lb woman giving a man that is 170lbs of muscle a run for his money after 5 minutes. Me myself, I have gotten to work on this since I was a kid and it is to the point where i can almost instantly go into the mind state that allows you to do this.

Lets call this next part the mental state. When going into these concentration trances in a sense you can make your body do very strange things. So let me try to explain. If you have a partner let's go ahead and do the ring test, or the O test. Here is what I want you to do. First I want you to do what you would normally do in trying to keep your fingers from being pulled apart. I want you to squeeze those suckers as tight together as you can with all the strength you can while someone pulls them apart. You will notice that they pull them apart fairly easily. Your fingers are not that strong, haha. Now we are going to try my method. What I want you to do now (By yourself practice) is make that same ring with your fingers and make your ring with your fingers firmly, but do not squeeze like you did with all of your might listed above. We are just going for a nice firm pinching together. Now I want you to clear your mind a bit and look at your finger and imagine that there is a steel ring running in a circle through your fingers. This is a solid steel ring. Now when I say imagine, I am not talking going in your head somewhere and thinking about metal, I am saying that you need to see the steel in your fingers in a sense. You KNOW the steel is there. Don't really imagine it, but see it and know it. Now get your other hand and with your pointer finger trace around the top of the ring a few times and this leaves a sensation that helps your mind accept the fact that there is steel in your fingers. You will notice that in a few moments you will actually feel what feels like a connection running through your finger tip into your thumb and that steel connection becomes real. You will feel it when you KNOW that the steel is there. Now have your co-conspirator insert their two pointer fingers into your ring and try to pull it apart. If they succeed, try again and take notes from the person prying the fingers if there is a difference in the difficulty of pulling them apart.

Last but not least. I'll try to make this as simple as possible since it is really hard to explain via words only and not being able to demonstrate on and with you all. It is hard to explain how to "KNOW" there is steel in your arm, or fingers, or whatever so I have my personal method of how I go into the zone and it may help you all. When you go into the "Knowing" stage your mind should basically be clear. By this I don't mean that you should be thinking of nothing at all but rather just taking yourself out of the moment, or go into instant day dream mode. Let me ask if you have ever looked at one of those pictures from the 90s where you would stare at a bunch of Dots and then the image would come out at you? That is the closest thing I can explain to going out of the moment. It is a focus in which there is no other task except bringing out the picture and you almost zone out starting into the picture. That feeling you get right before the picture pops is the closest thing that I can explain to the feeling I get when taking myself out of the moment.

Good luck with your practice anyone interested. By no stretch of the imagination am I a martial arts master. I was trained by a master, but I am not one myself. With that being said, if I was a martial arts master I probably would have taken vows to not tell you all these things as you are not worthy in the eyes of the inner circle. With that being said, neither am I but being raised by a teacher of teachers has its perks.

On another note I will say that I have contacted the Institute of Noetic Sciences regarding this just last week and am patiently awaiting a reply. I just say this because I don't want to come across as a nutjob. I'm willing to put pen to pad when it comes to this and demonstrate as well as help as much as I can with your development in this as I think it has many practical applications that more than just a chosen few can really benefit from.

Any input from anyone? Did I give to much back-story and ramble? Should I just shorten this article to the "Special powers" section so that people may show interest?

Hi there, I wouldn't worry about your thread, the right people will appreciate your detail and i think renaming it as "superpowers" would be doing a great disservice to what you are talking about. Only cynical people will be draw in with a title like that because people who understand this generally don't call these things super powers or special.

Lets call this next part the mental state. When going into these concentration trances in a sense you can make your body do very strange things. So let me try to explain.

I am not a martial arts person, although i did have a year or 2 of aikido when i was a child. And i do practise qi gong from a energy work point of view so i understand the mental state you are trying to describe.

Basically if i was to translate this in my vocabulary, that state you are experiencing where you can bypass some of your physical and mental limits, is you making a connection to your higher self or higher consciousness - It's the exact same state that allows for astral projection, mediumship and other things. The difference is your trigger / discipline for getting into this state is through martial arts. Others like myself may get there via meditation for example and we are all using different intents for different purposes but the actual mental state is real and the by passing of our normal day to day consciousness level to a higher one is real.

That's about all i can add to this discussion :tu:

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy
  • Like 1

If I'm reading the strength part correct then I've heard of it before. I have a book called Chi Mind Control by Mike Dayton. In it he give instructions on both the mental and physical application of Chi (mind power). Mike was know for several feats of strength and the book taught how to harness that power. If this is the same thing then the master had a higher degree of mind/body control than the average individual. I've been practicing Dayton's method for several years and trust me, you get very strong in a sinewy way.

i was once trained by someone who was a master just a couple of lessons . cant remember what kind of martial arts but the main point of my posting is what he told me in one of the lessons .

that yes he was a finished black belt , but there was still one more level of the martial arts the final level that he refused to do due to the fact it had to do with the spiritual side of martial arts .

dont know if its true or not .

Any input from anyone? Did I give to much back-story and ramble? Should I just shorten this article to the "Special powers" section so that people may show interest?

Perhaps a summary would help. I know that the moment I saw the "Anyone can do it. Even you." subtitle, I internally groaned and lost a lot of willingness to read, but then, I am a cynical cuss.

i was once trained by someone who was a master just a couple of lessons . cant remember what kind of martial arts but the main point of my posting is what he told me in one of the lessons .

that yes he was a finished black belt , but there was still one more level of the martial arts the final level that he refused to do due to the fact it had to do with the spiritual side of martial arts .

dont know if its true or not .

Well, unfortunately I cannot say yes or no to that question. There is a Japanese religion called Shinto that you may want to look into. I am unable to vouch for my Master having been a student of Shinto or not. My father was also a 32nd degree Scottish Rite mason so I am unsure if that also had an effect on his religious views. I will say that he did not go to church, ever when I was alive. I asked him once if he believed in god, and he said yes I believe there is a higher power but the way it was worded was an obvious insertion him not believing in the church doctrine. In fact, I remember at his funeral my mother had the person conducting the service say that "Before he died Lee accepted Jesus Christ as his savior" and I almost came freaking unglued and almost freaked out. That was a such a bold face lie due to, well I don't know. I dont know why it bothered me so much but he was not a Christian, didn't want to be a Christian, wouldn't have became a Christian, but when he is not around to defend himself we call him a Christian. Oo man that made me sick.

Hi there, I wouldn't worry about your thread, the right people will appreciate your detail and i think renaming it as "superpowers" would be doing a great disservice to what you are talking about. Only cynical people will be draw in with a title like that because people who understand this generally don't call these things super powers or special.

I am not a martial arts person, although i did have a year or 2 of aikido when i was a child. And i do practise qi gong from a energy work point of view so i understand the mental state you are trying to describe.

Basically if i was to translate this in my vocabulary, that state you are experiencing where you can bypass some of your physical and mental limits, is you making a connection to your higher self or higher consciousness - It's the exact same state that allows for astral projection, mediumship and other things. The difference is your trigger / discipline for getting into this state is through martial arts. Others like myself may get there via meditation for example and we are all using different intents for different purposes but the actual mental state is real and the by passing of our normal day to day consciousness level to a higher one is real.

That's about all i can add to this discussion :tu:

Blue Energy thank you for the reply. Strangely enough the other day when writing the "Zone" you go into what I describe as instantly staring at those spotted 3d pictures, I actually wondered if this was at all similar to other states such as a mental state you may take prior to astral travel. I don't remember if Astral Travel was the exact psychokinetic ability that came to mind when writing it, but this was definitely something in my mind.

So with that being said let me ask Blue. A mental state such as this is something that is done prior to Astral Travel? Is it strange for someone to be able to put themselves in a "Mental state" we will call it instantly? I can actually talk while doing some of the demonstrations listed above but the best way I can describe the talking is that my words just get pushed out, but there is no focus on the meaning. They are just... Well, I don't even know how to describe it. I've never really looked at these abilities before in the sense of how my mind is working when doing these things before writing this article so when trying to come up with words for describing the stuff in my mind, I am often drawing a blank.

Perhaps a summary would help. I know that the moment I saw the "Anyone can do it. Even you." subtitle, I internally groaned and lost a lot of willingness to read, but then, I am a cynical cuss.

Thank you for that reply Aquatus. I see what you mean with the subtitle. Let me see if I can't make this a little bit more appealing for the cynical cuss' that way I can get some more input from intelligent people such as yourself. Thank you again for the reply.

Thread has been active too long for me to insert a summary or take out the "Even you can do it" haha. Oh well. I guess it's all or nothing on this article.

So with that being said let me ask Blue. A mental state such as this is something that is done prior to Astral Travel? Is it strange for someone to be able to put themselves in a "Mental state" we will call it instantly? I can actually talk while doing some of the demonstrations listed above but the best way I can describe the talking is that my words just get pushed out, but there is no focus on the meaning. They are just... Well, I don't even know how to describe it. I've never really looked at these abilities before in the sense of how my mind is working when doing these things before writing this article so when trying to come up with words for describing the stuff in my mind, I am often drawing a blank.

Yep that "zone" is where you access the focus and intention for tasks such as astral projection, remote viewing, mediumship, remote healing, energy work, higher sensory perception. The feeling of talking or writing in that zone where the words just get pushed out is exactly what authentic mediums / channellers experience. Also writers and musicians who tap into that zone will describe the same feeling. It's being in the moment and connected to your higher stream of consciousness which is a level beyond the analytical running commentary mind ( ego consciousness) not to be confused with ego as in ID personality.

Edited by bLu3 de 3n3rgy

Thread has been active too long for me to insert a summary or take out the "Even you can do it" haha. Oh well. I guess it's all or nothing on this article.

A mod would be happy to change the subtitle, but that's entirely up to you. I personally get reminded of a television infomercial whenever I hear it, but that's my opinion and that plus $5 will get you a coffee with extra junk at Starbucks.

There's nothing stopping you from posting a summary though. It's a good way to clarify what the purpose of your thread is, what you want the point of the discussion to be.

Aquatus, removing the subtitle would be great if you would please. I see how it could turn people away from this thread. The reason I had placed that into the subtitle was because I always seem to read things where Enlightened People are able to do superhuman feats and then they tell people "Through a lifetime of meditation and discipline you can do this". Let me tell you, I have done martial arts but in no way do I have "A lifetime of meditation and discipline". I would be lucky to have "a weekend of meditation and discipline". However, through simple visualization techniques and KNOWING is the word my father always used, you can manipulate your body to do incredible things. I hear them describing an ability you can do through simple visualization and KNOWING as something that requires years and years of meditation when it takes 5 seconds of clearing your mind and applying the know factor into whatever it is that you are doing. I guess I would compare this to someone telling a particle physicist that in order to smash atoms together and interpret the data, you need years and years of meditation and strict discipline.

I changed the sub title, if you want it as something else just let me know.

As to your question about being able to zone in quickly for the task you intend, I've noticed it's a completely unique thing person to person. Some people can very quickly, others take much longer and require steps to trigger them into the state but that practise seems to improve the rate for most. I was informed not too long ago that it is considered more rare though to have near instant access. At the end of the day this in it self could be seen as something pretty important if it's connected to say performance in sport. It's going to give those with it, an edge over those without it, but arguably any top professional sports person probably has this in their favour in the first place.

Hi Guys , i'm new here , this forum looks great !

i've found an amazing video on youtube , a man named john chang using chi energy to set paper on fire :o . check it out , and share your thoughts , i just wanna now if it's real.

The guys that interviewed him sure thought it was real. I have also been told stories about guys that could do similar feats to this man. I will say that the heat experiment similar to this that was explained to me also involved a man placing a sheet of paper over someones leg and then projecting the heat through the paper. I don't know what the paper serves as if anything, but they both used paper. Just an observation. Regarding it being real or not. Well yes, I think it is.

• 4 weeks later...

I think these abilities are normal in that they are within the range of what the body/mind/heart can achieve with training & discipline. They may be extraordinary in that few people pursue these kinds of activities, so never go beyond what is "normal" for them.