Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Psychology of a “Non-Conspiracy Theorist"

Sweetpumper

Many things labeled as "conspiracy theories" actually happened:

The Tuskeegee Airmen

The Lusitania (was in fact being used to transport munitions)

Operation Ajax (where the CIA overthrew the democratically elected head of of Iran and replaced it with a puppet)

Operation Northwoods (this plan was approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and placed on Kennedy's desk for his signature, he didn't sign, but that's all it would have taken to put the plan in action). Northwoods would have created terrorist style attacks (real as well as manufactured) and used them as a pretext to invade Cuba... sound familiar?

There are quite a few more... but I won't list them all here. Suffice it to say that an ignorant man's "conspiracy theory" is often simply history/ fact to someone who knows better.

• Like 3

Many things labeled as "conspiracy theories" actually happened:

The Tuskeegee Airmen

The Lusitania (was in fact being used to transport munitions)

Operation Ajax (where the CIA overthrew the democratically elected head of of Iran and replaced it with a puppet)

Operation Northwoods (this plan was approved by the Joint Chiefs of Staff and placed on Kennedy's desk for his signature, he didn't sign, but that's all it would have taken to put the plan in action). Northwoods would have created terrorist style attacks (real as well as manufactured) and used them as a pretext to invade Cuba... sound familiar?

There are quite a few more... but I won't list them all here. Suffice it to say that an ignorant man's "conspiracy theory" is often simply history/ fact to someone who knows better.

You mean the Tuskegee Syphilis Experiment? The Tuskegee Airmen was a quite different thing altogether.

Conspiracies happen; that is not the issue, and as a general rule they always come to light as governments are very poor at keeping political secrets. There are those who see conspiracies everywhere and in places where the official story makes far more sense.

Conspiracies happen; that is not the issue, and as a general rule they always come to light as governments are very poor at keeping political secrets. There are those who see conspiracies everywhere and in places where the official story makes far more sense.

that's exactly always been my argument; these conspiracy theories always suppose that Governments are much, much more competent than all available evidence suggests, both that they're capable of organising these enormous plots (and the kind of conspiracy theories there are now, like 9/11 being the obvious one, are much bigger than any of those mentioned above), and of carrying them out flawlessly, and of keeping them secret ever since.

• Like 1

that's exactly always been my argument; these conspiracy theories always suppose that Governments are much, much more competent than all available evidence suggests, both that they're capable of organising these enormous plots (and the kind of conspiracy theories there are now, like 9/11 being the obvious one, are much bigger than any of those mentioned above), and of carrying them out flawlessly, and of keeping them secret ever since.

Flawless?? 9/11 was a easy to see through mess from the start. Its just to big for some to mentaly handle, and their brains go into self defense. For people too admit that conspiracy, they have to shed nearly every political belief they ever had.

• Like 4

For people too admit that conspiracy, they have to shed nearly every political belief they ever had.

That is because the idea is so outrageously ridiculous.

That is because the idea is so outrageously ridiculous.

Only for folks who have no sence of history. Most would have said the same about the gulf of tonkin. Yet we did in fact destroy our own ship to kick off nam.

• Like 4

Most conspiracies go undetected or are dismissed as conspiracy theories .

Ah, but that IS the issue. Some people act and speak as though conspiracies simply 'do not happen'.

• Like 1

Ah, but that IS the issue. Some people act and speak as though conspiracies simply 'do not happen'.

People know conspiracies happen. We all know that. Some of us like to see FACTS. Not some book written saying what COULD have happened. And then you have the absolute ridiculousness from conspiracy theorists. "Look! All of the dead Sandy Hook kids were at centerfield of an NFL game 2 weeks later!" How someone could be dumb enough to believe that to be true is beyond me. Those people on your side definitely don't help your arguments.

• Like 2

Flawless?? 9/11 was a easy to see through mess from the start. Its just to big for some to mentaly handle, and their brains go into self defense. For people too admit that conspiracy, they have to shed nearly every political belief they ever had.

As an engineer, I find that to accept any of the 911 conspiracy theories, and there are quite a few mutually contradictory ones out there, I would have to shed much of my understanding of engineering. This understanding has enabled me to earn a living for forty years in a field where getting it wrong puts lives at risk. No contest.

• Like 2

People know conspiracies happen. We all know that. Some of us like to see FACTS. Not some book written saying what COULD have happened. And then you have the absolute ridiculousness from conspiracy theorists. "Look! All of the dead Sandy Hook kids were at centerfield of an NFL game 2 weeks later!" How someone could be dumb enough to believe that to be true is beyond me. Those people on your side definitely don't help your arguments.

This is the exact attitude spoken about in the opening post. "That can't be true, you stupid conspiracy theorists!" With nothing to back up you statement. The children singing at the superbowl were exact matches to those "killed" except everyone of them was a few years older. You might think that its more likely that all the victims had doppelgangers, or that everyone had an older siblings of the same sex. But one things certain, you didn't even look at the evidence.

• Like 2

This is the exact attitude spoken about in the opening post. "That can't be true, you stupid conspiracy theorists!" With nothing to back up you statement. The children singing at the superbowl were exact matches to those "killed" except everyone of them was a few years older. You might think that its more likely that all the victims had doppelgangers, or that everyone had an older siblings of the same sex. But one things certain, you didn't even look at the evidence.

You are absolutely hilarious! Man, it is people like you that make everyday an adventure.

"Congratulations gentleman, we just pulled off an amazing conspiracy"

"Are you kidding me Jones?!?! You just put them on national television?!?!"

Show me the EXACT matches that you claim. They were "a few years older" ? Sandy Hook wasn't even a few years ago! Seriously, take a deep breath. Sit back and think about what you are saying. I mean, really dissect the sitiuation.

Edited by Agent0range
  • Like 1

Why would any agency capable of pulling off a "fake" mass shooting then have all those supposedly then dead kids at a large televized event? It is illogical and pointless. Its ideas like this that make dismissing conspiracy theorists so simple. There is no earthly reason for that to happen.

• Like 2

You are absolutely hilarious! Man, it is people like you that make everyday an adventure.

"Congratulations gentleman, we just pulled off an amazing conspiracy"

"Are you kidding me Jones?!?! You just put them on national television?!?!"

Show me the EXACT matches that you claim. They were "a few years older" ? Sandy Hook wasn't even a few years ago! Seriously, take a deep breath. Sit back and think about what you are saying. I mean, really dissect the sitiuation.

So what you are saying (without looking at any evidence) is "that is so unbelievable that, even if it happened, I won't believe it"

• Like 2

So what you are saying (without looking at any evidence) is "that is so unbelievable that, even if it happened, I won't believe it"

There is no evidence! To say kids look alike just a few years older is nowhere near evidence. None. Nada. Have you ever been in an elementary school? When I go pick my son up, all the kids look alike. So no, you can't provide ANY evidence aside from you saying that 7 year old looks like this picture of a 4 year old.

Just like every other thread in this section, the conspiracy theorists can't get together on the facts. That is another reason why you are so easily discounted. You ask five different CTers what happened at Sandy Hook...you get five different stories. There are Sandy Hook CTers that will say you are crazy for thinking those were the kids at the Super Bowl. And that, is why no one takes you people seriously.

• Like 2

There is no evidence! To say kids look alike just a few years older is nowhere near evidence. None. Nada. Have you ever been in an elementary school? When I go pick my son up, all the kids look alike. So no, you can't provide ANY evidence aside from you saying that 7 year old looks like this picture of a 4 year old.

Just like every other thread in this section, the conspiracy theorists can't get together on the facts. That is another reason why you are so easily discounted. You ask five different CTers what happened at Sandy Hook...you get five different stories. There are Sandy Hook CTers that will say you are crazy for thinking those were the kids at the Super Bowl. And that, is why no one takes you people seriously.

Here is a quick one for you to go over.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWTIW8pRaWI[/media]

At least half a dozen are exact matches. The ones that stand out for me are; Walker Previdi, Nate Wheeler, Jake Hockley and Josephine Gay.

Edited by Professor Buzzkill

And what the hell would be the point of doing something so pointlessly silly? this is exactly the problem; it's not just whether these alleged plots are remotely in any way practicable, no one ever explains what the thinking might be behind them. is it just the NWO (and/or UN, or whoever else wants to Take Away America's Guns) subtly letting everyone know, in order to let people know that they've pulled a trick on them, and so showing how clever they are?

The sheer bizarre ingenuity of those who come up with these videos really does make one wonder.

• Like 2

Here is a quick one for you to go over.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWTIW8pRaWI[/media]

At least half a dozen are exact matches. The ones that stand out for me are; Walker Previdi, Nate Wheeler, Jake Hockley and Josephine Gay.

"Exact" only for wide values of exactness. The video shows the power of suggestion. Most of those kids you wouldn't think look like the others or at best only similar until the idea is put out that they somehow look "exact". Only then do you look more for the similarities and ignore the differences. It is the same thing with those claiming they can hear voices in white noise. Have someone listen to it and ask them if they hear anything and it is just noise. Tell them they should hear a particular word or phrase and suddenly "oh yeah, it sounds exactly like that".

And then of course there is the point that even if they do look similar, so what? They are NOT the same age and NOT the same kids. It proves nothing.

Walker Previdi? The hair is a different color and the head, ears, and nose are different shapes. Nate Wheeler? Hair again. Ears at least similar this time but nose and chin are different. Jake Hockley? Eyes, nose and chin all different. Josephine Gay? OMG! They both wear glasses! Too bad their hair (not just the color but the type, the singer has thinner, straighter hair) ears and chin are different. Those stand out to you? Did you actually look at them or just take the video's word for it? As mentioned before, lots of kids tend to look similar but these supposed matches would fool nobody that actually knew them. I could look through old school pictures from when I was in elementary school (early 80's) and probably find better matches but that wouldn't prove the victims were pulled through a time warp 30 years into the future from a suburb of Chicago. It just shows that kids look similar.

Edited by frenat
  • Like 3

Again for what purpose? If you are the head of some shadow agency that just pulled off a large scale piece of fakery why would you then use those supposedly dead kids for a large public event? That makes zero sense.

Edited by darkmoonlady
  • Like 2

Again for what purpose? If you are the head of some shadow agency that just pulled off a large scale piece of fakery why would you then use those supposedly dead kids for a large public event? That makes zero sense.

It makes no sense to you, but perhaps you are very innocent and good.

Why did it make any sense for the federal government to lie to the Supreme Court in the Reynolds case way back in 1953?

It made sense from the perverse view of a career government employee who wanted to cheat the plaintiff widows out of their rightful claims under the Federal Tort Claims Act. It may not make sense to you or me, but it makes sense to somebody.

It makes no sense to you, but perhaps you are very innocent and good.

Or perhaps you can't answer her straightforward question and as usual choose to essentially make the 'perhaps you're just naive' dodge instead.

Why did it make any sense for the federal government to lie to the Supreme Court in the Reynolds case way back in 1953?

It made sense from the perverse view of a career government employee who wanted to cheat the plaintiff widows out of their rightful claims under the Federal Tort Claims Act. It may not make sense to you or me, but it makes sense to somebody.

There are several problems with this. There isn't anything that 'doesn't make sense' about the Reynolds case in at all the same way your Sandy Hook fakery theory is nonsense. The question that was put to you was why would they obviously put so much effort into faking that all these kids had died and then do something that fulfills the exact opposite objective by allowing them to go on the most watched event on television. Everyone in the Reynolds case is behaving rationally given the objective of they want to win this court case, no one is behaving directly counter to their objectives, it 'makes sense' to me how that case came about. Also, government people have nothing to do with who is chosen for the Super Bowl Half-time show so a comparison to the government isn't really appropriate here. Your theory could use a lot of work if all it's supported by, "it doesn't make sense to me but it might to somebody somewhere maybe".

• Like 2

Yes. and the self-indulgent witticisms of the Non-Conspiracy Theorists are exceedingly tiresome.

So is the condescending attitude that because we don't accept the CT version of events we're 'sheeple'.

• Like 1

As an engineer, I find that to accept any of the 911 conspiracy theories, and there are quite a few mutually contradictory ones out there, I would have to shed much of my understanding of engineering. This understanding has enabled me to earn a living for forty years in a field where getting it wrong puts lives at risk. No contest.

Yeah but it's all a lie perpetuated by the shadowy illuminati NWO lizard blah blah blah. I'm still trying to figure out how people think a bullet entry wound is as massive as Kennedy's frontal head wound.

Only for folks who have no sence of history. Most would have said the same about the gulf of tonkin. Yet we did in fact destroy our own ship to kick off nam.

Try to get events right before you start theorising about them. No ships were destroyed in the Gulf of Tonkin incident. The first attack happened, and no Americans were killed. The second 'attack' didn't occur, it was a misunderstanding resulting from confusing radar readings and paranoia. Yes, it was reported as an attack, and yes that lead to the US intervention in Vietnam, but come on, how are Conspiracy Theorists meant to be taken seriously when they invent facts to please them?

I dont have a problem with you not being able to accept any of the theories, so long as the official story is included in them.

• Like 2