Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

ET

markprice

I'll keep this short simple because it was a brief no-frills sighting. The crucial five seconds of time has been crystallized in the back of my mind for over a year now. Pretend this happened to you and see if you can reach any other conclusion, like I tried to before settling on ET.

Step out on to the back porch for some fresh air; it's not too cold so I (you) lean against the rail to gaze at the stars over the mountains. Very nice as usual, but that satellite seems to be headed down and not across the sky...hmm. Could be an arc of space illusion but it got my (your) full attention. While watching the satellite head down toward the mountain a traditional airplane approaches from the left, and it seems to be on a collision course with the satellite, but that's impossible, right... keep watching. Then the impossible happens: the satellite stops. So now you got a stalled satellite which looks like a bright star being approached by a little plane--I'm thinking not a jet. Just before the plane would have intersected the course of the "satellite" the little "star" zips up and away. The path of its vanishing was at a sharp angle back to the right of its previous path. The plane cruises on by the same as it was going and that is the end of that.

Okay, no big deal, but wait, what was that?

A lot happened that year so the event got filed away in the back of my mind as some kind of military-avoided-collision. I hadn't watched any UFO footage until recently so I had nothing to compare it to. To break it down:

1) satellites do not stop.

2) helicopter will not silently shoot straight up and away at incomprehensible speed from my point of view.

3) obvious intent to avoid the traditional craft which seemed intent on disrupting its path.

4) I cannot fathom any military being so uncoordinated while possessing that level of capability--silent hovering etc., and I doubt China was just testing us or anything like that.

My impression was the satellite/star/ufo was minding its own business, whatever that was, and then the plane deliberately set out to turn the UFO away; why? when it could have just carried on camouflaged as a satellite. I just happened to be there to witness the result of this event: no violence (other report at a different time involved "gunfire"), just intimidation of an ET as if it was out of bounds and just needed to be set back in place. This implies an established relationship with ETs but they have a will of their own.

• Like 1

How do you know they were actually on a "collision" course? Two objects in the sky can look like they are really close if one is alot brighter than the other but be many hundreds of miles "behind" or "in front" of the path of the other from the viewer's perspective even if they appear at the same height against the horizon.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 2

How do you know they were actually on a "collision" course? Two objects in the sky can look like they are really close if one is alot brighter than the other but be many hundreds of miles "behind" or "in front" of the path of the other from the viewer's perspective even if they appear at the same height against the horizon.

I didn't think that was possible because a satellite would be in orbit and the plane was not even a jet. What gave that impression was the thing stopped what appeared to be a downward course, ending right where the plane passed by. By that time it all seemed to be happening at the same altitude--about 15-20,000' right above a 14,000' mountain for reference.

ha well one of my sightings was with a star sized/shape and star coloured object... so

I was on a balcony having a late night smoke, looking up as usual at the stars, after a short while I noticed one moving to the left. It looked as high as all the other stars, and as said, it looked just like a star... I too thought I was watching a satellite and was buzzing at seeing it. At arms length it had moved a fingers length to the left, no idea how far in real space-distance terms but it seemingly passed another star...Then it stopped, and amazingly, retraced its route back to the direction it come from...

Do satellites do that? I think not. Was it therefore an alien craft under intelligent control? I will never know but think that's unlikely.

Was it a star sized ufo? Indeed..I have no way to identify it

• Like 1

quick note: glad I posted this because it made me realize the plane was approaching from below the top of the mountain probably using it as cover...the collision would have occurred just to the right of the mountain and slightly above because the plane was climbing in altitude slowly. The "satellite" then must have stopped at about 20,000'. Considering I'm at 9000' and two miles out from the mountain top...anyway that's some perspective.

my sighting was similar as it was completely star looking in appearence

tho only difference was it was very bright

stationary for 20 min

then abruptly moved to our left (wife and i) ...no acceleration...no sound...instant movement

not fast but at a steady pace

I chased it...it was dark..I was stumbling and lost it behind some trees...gone

mark,seeder if I could offer an explanation I would

I question everything and try not to jump to conclusons but this has me stumped

• Like 1

Interesting enough story...but as Libstak said ...how could you be so certain that they were on a collision course?...And you mentioned that the 'UFO' seemed to stop...how certain are you that it stopped?...and for how long?...could it not have been some kind of unknown [secret] military craft that was taking part in some kind of exercise?

The thing is, [and i'm really not trying to sound condescending or anything] that though i'm a supporter of the ETH, I require quite a bit more than strange lights in the sky to get me really interested. ...So just what is it about this episode that made you leap from unfamiliar sighting of a couple of lights [that may, or may not have been aware of each others presence?] in the same direction as your gaze...indicated an 'Alien Presence'?...I may be reading it wrong...but I can't see the deal breaker in your account?

Oh and by the way...are you the Journalist Mark Price from The Otago Daily Times?

• Like 1

as 1963 points out are you certain that it stopped?

possible that it was an aircraft on maneuvers that had leveled out and now your seeing the rear afterburn

it appears stationary at a distance yet is moving away ??

also banking hard up/down/sideways may have the same affect from a distance

appearing to instantly change direction

just suggestions :hmm:

Hi Mark, Welcome to UM.

I have also seen unexplained flying lights (once). [my sighting]

I agree with other posters that you can't tell the exact location of an object like that in the sky. (Especially if you don't know it's size)

It would be nice to know if traffic control, military NORAD etc had any info. My biggest regret on the day of my sighting was that I didn't call Brisbane airport and ask if they knew what what I saw was....

Maybe it was this?

All that matters is that the person doing the Sighting DOes the dealing with said Sighting ! :tu:

Interesting enough story...but as Libstak said ...how could you be so certain that they were on a collision course?...And you mentioned that the 'UFO' seemed to stop...how certain are you that it stopped?...and for how long?...could it not have been some kind of unknown [secret] military craft that was taking part in some kind of exercise?

It stopped for two seconds as the plane cleared the mountain, then it shot away before the plane flew under where it was for about three more seconds. At that point I was thinking WTH was that? I count the event as five seconds. Before it stopped I watched the satellite for maybe thirty seconds then noticed the plane approaching for another ten seconds, but didn't think anything was unusual until one of them stopped.

The thing is, [and i'm really not trying to sound condescending or anything] that though i'm a supporter of the ETH, I require quite a bit more than strange lights in the sky to get me really interested. ...So just what is it about this episode that made you leap from unfamiliar sighting of a couple of lights [that may, or may not have been aware of each others presence?] in the same direction as your gaze...indicated an 'Alien Presence'?...I may be reading it wrong...but I can't see the deal breaker in your account?

The way it interacted with the plane which passed about three thousand feet below where it had stopped. Thirty seconds to arrive then only three seconds to depart (out of sight). I tried to describe the geometry of it in the second post. The plane passed between me and the mountain so that distance is easy to judge. The "satellite" was angling down from the east while the plane approached from the north. I just follow each line of flight to see where they would intersect. The intersection was less than three miles away. Clear night with enough moon to see the plane, not just its lights. Alien because it was turned back by that little plane--anything else would have adjusted its course and kept on going, and what else can exit so fast without a sound?

Oh and by the way...are you the Journalist Mark Price from The Otago Daily Times?

No, that's not me.

It stopped for two seconds as the plane cleared the mountain, then it shot away before the plane flew under where it was for about three more seconds. At that point I was thinking WTH was that? I count the event as five seconds. Before it stopped I watched the satellite for maybe thirty seconds then noticed the plane approaching for another ten seconds, but didn't think anything was unusual until one of them stopped.

Do you, well you do feel they are related, but why? A small plane like that is as yo say not going to collide being at differing heights, is it possible that between observing the lane and the "light" that you misplaced footing and actually were studying several objects? That happened to me once, uneven ground made a satellite look like it had taken a 90 degree turn, but re orientating myself I found the problem was me all along.

Parallax error is a PITA at times.

The way it interacted with the plane which passed about three thousand feet below where it had stopped. Thirty seconds to arrive then only three seconds to depart (out of sight). I tried to describe the geometry of it in the second post. The plane passed between me and the mountain so that distance is easy to judge. The "satellite" was angling down from the east while the plane approached from the north. I just follow each line of flight to see where they would intersect. The intersection was less than three miles away. Clear night with enough moon to see the plane, not just its lights. Alien because it was turned back by that little plane--anything else would have adjusted its course and kept on going, and what else can exit so fast without a sound?

You really need more than one point to be accurate, I am not saying you are wrong, but this is how people "believe their own eyes" when they should not.

No, that's not me.

You are in the US aren't you? Otago is New Zealand, I used to have a place near there, it would be a hell of a drive to work each day..........

Unless of course....

you have a spaceship........

:D

Not uhhh keeping any secrets from us I hope.....

Edited by psyche101

Its all in the details ! The Details can tell voulmes !

Direction,time , Weather Location. every detail can help in ones sightings ! Even the smallest of details !

Like were there any dogs barking? Anyone eles see it? Can to see to how far to the next point of reffrence ,And what was this reff?

The Details my Boy the Details!

Sorta Like investing In Plastic`s my Boy ! Plastics !

justDONTEATUS :tu:

Edited by DONTEATUS

Its all in the details ! The Details can tell voulmes !

Direction,time , Weather Location. every detail can help in ones sightings ! Even the smallest of details !

Like were there any dogs barking? Anyone eles see it? Can to see to how far to the next point of reffrence ,And what was this reff?

The Details my Boy the Details!

Sorta Like investing In Plastic`s my Boy ! Plastics !

justDONTEATUS :tu:

I don't know if I can explain it better than I did. No distractions, just a quick clear incident. One more try:

The light stopped as the plane cleared the mountain. If it had not stopped it would have hit the plane a few thousand feet below where it stopped. I was looking east; the light arrived from the east so the illusion was it seemed to be descending from above more than it was, but that would also explain why it did not see the plane earlier--before it cleared the mountain. It did not exit in the same direction. It flew up and away at maybe ten times the speed of a jet but then was just gone, so the plane cruised on by. I think that is the only plane I have ever seen at night flying lower than the mountain--very stealthy IMO.

I was trying to put forth an example with no other explanation that I can see besides ET. If it was military practice then somebody goofed because that was too obvious.

• Like 1

Another thought, did you check the local astronomy forums? Maybe you saw a shuttle or something like that? One guy reported a UFO on the radio here, it turned out to be the Shuttle Docking with the ISS, quite a few missions going on up there, might have been opportune timing for it to move when the plane looked to be heading in it;s direction.

I think there is a few ways to consider your sighting without aliens. Did you realise meteors can change direction even?

I was trying to put forth an example with no other explanation that I can see besides ET.

Because only aliens do those kind of things?

ha well one of my sightings was with a star sized/shape and star coloured object... so

my sighting was similar as it was completely star looking in appearence

tho only difference was it was very bright

stationary for 20 min

then abruptly moved

I have also seen unexplained flying lights (once). [my sighting]

Not uhhh keeping any secrets from us I hope.....

Alright then full disclosure:

The UFO club, code name T.R.E.E. was a third grade venture that allowed me to walk around with a book of secrets in about 1974. The first serious meeting was on the roof at night--about five of us UFO watching and bull****ting like kids do...I remember recording the hours in the book. The only thing in the night sky polluted with city lights was a satellite that didn't do too much so we eventually went inside to get some sleep. The next week the teacher shut down the club for being too exclusive...BS that teachers do. Anyway fast forward to 1992 after a move to the mountains of NM and I'm looking at a satellite that made a loop! I called someone on the phone about it then went back out to see if it was still there. It was behind the very top of a pine tree so it appeared to move oddly as the top branch moved in the wind at night, so I figured it was a star with an optical illusion created by the shadow of the tree.

The latest sighting I cannot write off so easily. Theory: strange satellites might be more significant than they seem. To push that theory further: strange "satellites" might be personal. Fiction: it was all the same satellite tracking me through the decades and when it finally decided to drop in for a visit a pesky little plane intercepted it. Are these benevolent or malevolent satellites? I have no idea.

Edited by markprice
  • Like 1

Because only aliens do those kind of things?

Because what else can?

That was the point of the thread: I describe it; you tell me what it was, if not ET, then I tell you if that makes sense compared to what I saw. This is the ET section of UM where I am saying strange 'satellites' could be ET. It's not too complicated.

Because what else can?

That was the point of the thread: I describe it; you tell me what it was, if not ET, then I tell you if that makes sense compared to what I saw. This is the ET section of UM where I am saying strange 'satellites' could be ET. It's not too complicated.

I think quite a few things can, form parallax error through to plasmas to celestial bodies like:

Space debris. Mountains of it up there, and near impossible to track as the orbits are many, everywhere, intersecting and ever changing. Collisions, re-entries, and spectacular failures are nothing out of the ordinary in such chaos.

art-space-20junk-620x349.jpg

Or testing. Like the Anti-Sat tests by China.

LINK - 2007 Chinese anti-satellite missile test

LINK - 2009 satellite collision

Or standard ISS Operations like supplies repairs or astronaut transfer. Hubble repair missions. Kepler, WISE, LCROSS. All under power, and capable of change in direction, as are meteors as I have pointed out to you before in detail.

If you really wanted to know what it was, you need to have consulted space sources at the time. Heck, some people tried to say a dimensional wormhole opened up in Norway when it was just a failed rocket - remember those episodes? You did not even log onto Heavens above, and maybe it did not exist at the time. Jim Oberg, bless his generous heart, demystifies these things all the time, if you honestly want answers to your "mystery satellites" you are not going to find them at UFO sites, their speciality is speculation and exaggeration, if you are indeed genuine in your pursuit, a small investment in a telescope and free registration with an astronomy forum WILL bring you the answers you seek.

If you "can't" see another solution besides ET, you simply refuse to look.

Can you consider the UFO did not "react" to "your" presence, but more that you were "in the right place at the right time" Like every single UFO, and meteor witness?

Edited by psyche101

I think quite a few things can, form parallax error through to plasmas to celestial bodies like:

I have to rule those three possibilities out for previously explained reasons.

Space debris.

Not possible in this case.

Or testing. Like the Anti-Sat tests by China.

I considered that, then ruled out based on the interaction with the small conventional airplane.

Or standard ISS Operations like supplies repairs or astronaut transfer. Hubble repair missions. Kepler, WISE, LCROSS. All under power, and capable of change in direction, as are meteors as I have pointed out to you before in detail.

Not at that altitude--below 20,000 above see level from a 9,000 foot vantage point.

If you really wanted to know what it was, you need to have consulted space sources at the time.

Right, if I had any interest in it at the time beyond WTF was that?

If you "can't" see another solution besides ET, you simply refuse to look.

The subtitle of this thread is what else?

That question stands.

Can you consider the UFO did not "react" to "your" presence, but more that you were "in the right place at the right time" Like every single UFO, and meteor witness?

I guess that is an easy mistake for you to make: to confuse the event with later speculation. The UFO did not physically react to me while it did physically react to a plane between me and the UFO. I only post this event because I have never heard of another case like it. There have been other strange satellites unexplained, but lets see how many interact with planes; apparently so far only this case?

Here are the basics if anyone is interested:

Alleged satellites:

Satellites move at a constant speed across the sky and are usually seen during the first few hours after sunset. They may appear with a constant brightness or may pulse in a regular fashion as the satellite rotates reflecting sunlight. Some satellites (i.e. Iridium types) may flash very brightly as the sun glint from their solar panels reflects to the ground. Constant speed and course characterize real satellites. Low level satellites usually traverse the sky from zenith to horizon in 2-4 (?) minutes. ET craft or ARVs (Alien Reproduction Vehicles - made on earth) can travel at speeds ranging from virtually standing still (hovering) to speeds allowing them to traverse the width of the sky in a fraction of a second to several seconds. They also can change speed and direction more rapidly than conventional aircraft.

Satellites are visible until they gradually fade from view. Anomalous "satellites" suddenly disappear, or if viewed through powerful night-vision binoculars, can be seen to dart swiftly into space at an angle perpendicular to their earlier trajectory.

ET craft may change direction or speed or may change brightness sometimes in response to a directed thought or signal such as a powerful flashlight or laser.

ET craft may also appear at any time of the night unlike normal satellites.

[from ufoevidence.org]

About a half hour ago looking out the west window at sunset, a plane catching the sunlight looks very bright and close so I reach for the binoculars. At that instant it blinks out. Well, it was close to the moon so I should be able to find it easy enough with the binoculars...nothing. A vanishing like that wouldn't be worth reporting although might as well add it to this thread because I doubt a satellite can appear that close in daylight and the timing of its instant disappearance.

I have to rule those three possibilities out for previously explained reasons.

You have not I am afraid. How did you explain random collisions or Plasma out?

You said parallax error was not the case, not sure why though.

Not possible in this case.

I beg to differ. Look at that picture of space debris. How can collisions not happen?

I considered that, then ruled out based on the interaction with the small conventional airplane.

What you keep saying is interaction, but there is no proof of that at all, just your assumption, that much has been established. There is nothing to say you just happened to be in the right place at the right time. A very common occurrence. It's how I saw my Iridium flare over the festive break.

Not at that altitude--below 20,000 above see level from a 9,000 foot vantage point.

The ISS orbits at 250 miles and you can see it with a naked eye.

Right, if I had any interest in it at the time beyond WTF was that?

I do not see the value in looking at it at a much later date, and offering fantastic conclusions to what seems to be a mundane event.

The subtitle of this thread is what else?

That question stands.

Yes it does, but plenty of possible have been proposed.

But it seems like you really want someone to say "Alien spaceship" You are going to have to wait for someone like Zoser for that response.

I guess that is an easy mistake for you to make: to confuse the event with later speculation. The UFO did not physically react to me while it did physically react to a plane between me and the UFO. I only post this event because I have never heard of another case like it. There have been other strange satellites unexplained, but lets see how many interact with planes; apparently so far only this case?

Perhaps the only case where you were in the right place at the right time? I imagine collisions of space junk happen quite often, but I would bet due to size we might one see say one in ten thousand.

The case where two UFO's met that some fellow mentioned on the radio here where I live over a year ago now seems to loosely fit your criteria, but they did not avoid each other, they actually connected. Which I have to say sounds every bit as compelling as your claim.

Know what it was?