Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Ghost' photo captured outside Cecil Hotel

Brian Topp

DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Cecil Hotel was once a part-time home to serial killer "The Night Stalker" and murder victim "The Black Dahlia," but it may now be home to a haunting new visitor.

An Eyewitness News viewer claims to have captured a ghostly image outside of the famous downtown Los Angeles hotel.

Koston Alderete, a Riverside boy with a love of scary films and ghost stories, took the picture, which shows a ghostly figure outside a fourth floor window. He says it looks a little too real.

Click to read more and to see the photo: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/bizarre&id=9409571

Another blurry photo

• Like 1

Yep, very blurry. Worth a closer look though...

I see a 'man' standing on the ledge of a window facing inwards, his body seems to be half inside, half outside the glass, he's wearing a blue shirt and grey slacks with his right leg slightly raised as if walking, his left arm appears to be bleeding at the elbow and that hand appears to be holding something white. However, another white object is visible to the left of the 'hand', (which become a glowing pair of eyes when stared at long enough ;))

His head*, right shoulder and most of his back is covered or masked with a black mass in a shape resembling Mickey Mouse head, *"Mickeys' right ear (your left) could be the mans head, tilted slightly to the left, and up.

Not saying it is a ghost or a hoax, just describing what I see.

Seriously? taking a picture of someone fixing or cleaning a window, blurring it up and trying to pass it off as a ghost is so so childish!

Oh, and here it is!

Koston Alderete, a Riverside boy with a love of scary films and ghost stories,

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/story?section=news/bizarre&id=9409571

rolling_eyes.gif

• Like 1

Seriously? taking a picture of someone fixing or cleaning a window, blurring it up and trying to pass it off as a ghost is so so childish!

Oh, and here it is!

http://abclocal.go.c...arre&id=9409571

rolling_eyes.gif

It's a cellphone, The pixels are poor and he had enlarged the image, distorting it further.

• Like 2

It's a cellphone, The pixels are poor and he had enlarged the image, distorting it further.

Ah, the plot thickens, a ghost with a cellphone, guess this will put a few Mediums out of business.

• Like 3

Yep, very blurry. Worth a closer look though...

I see a 'man' standing on the ledge of a window facing inwards, his body seems to be half inside, half outside the glass, he's wearing a blue shirt and grey slacks with his right leg slightly raised as if walking, his left arm appears to be bleeding at the elbow and that hand appears to be holding something white. However, another white object is visible to the left of the 'hand', (which become a glowing pair of eyes when stared at long enough ;))

His head*, right shoulder and most of his back is covered or masked with a black mass in a shape resembling Mickey Mouse head, *"Mickeys' right ear (your left) could be the mans head, tilted slightly to the left, and up.

Not saying it is a ghost or a hoax, just describing what I see.

Wow, I think you are able to see more than I can see. Although, I think I do see something myself. I do see what appears to be a man on the window's ledge with his back to the window. It looks like a suicide jumper and the article said that the hotel had it's share of suicides, right? The hand that looks like it's holding something white, could be his hand. I have noticed in various pictures and videos that have captured 'ghosts' show them with white hands, faces, and feet.

I didn't realize that this is the same hotel that had the body in the roof water tower. I remember that bit of news last year.

Oh, and here it is!

http://abclocal.go.c...arre&id=9409571

rolling_eyes.gif

The person looks kind of transparent to me, and it looks like their back is facing the window. How are they cleaning the window, with it's butt?

The person looks kind of transparent to me, and it looks like their back is facing the window. How are they cleaning the window, with it's butt?

From that blurry photo it is impossible to make any real theory on what the person is doing, but he definitely has his butt facing outwards.

But whether he is facing outwards, inwards or upside down, it is NOT a ghost.

• Like 2

From that blurry photo it is impossible to make any real theory on what the person is doing, but he definitely has his butt facing outwards.

But whether he is facing outwards, inwards or upside down, it is NOT a ghost.

well to me, that looks likes the knees. I wonder how it can be proven how it's definately not a ghost. Mostly so,

If the picture is blurry. I'm not stating it's definately a ghost, I'm just wondering how there is proof that it's definately not.

well to me, that looks likes the knees. I wonder how it can be proven how it's definately not a ghost. Mostly so,

If the picture is blurry. I'm not stating it's definately a ghost, I'm just wondering how there is proof that it's definately not.

Only one photo of a possible ghost, personally I would be clicking away and getting as many photos as possible. ONE blurry photo by a kid with a love of scary films and ghost stories is also an indication of an eager imagination to get into the news.

Its not difficult to take a photo nowadays to prove something, but to blur it up....well that has suspicion written all over it. WE ARE NOT FOOLS and were not born yesterday.

BUT the real thing is, it is not up to us to prove it is a ghost, its up to the photographer to prove it is, and he has seriously failed at that.

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 1