Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My first OBE

preacherman76

Wanted to write this while it was still fresh in my head.

Had My first OBE, or astral projection last night. I got interested in this subject about a year ago. Then after talking with some folks I decided it might not be a good idea, so I left it alone. Last night my back felt really tight, so I used one of the meditations that never produced a OBE, but was very helpful in relaxing me. So I focused hard on relaxing every muscle. I got so relaxed that I was seconds away from full sleep when this powerful vib came over my whole body. I have felt this in the past, but it was much stronger this time. Instantly my mind wanted to get excited, but I knew if that happened it would go away. I almost lost it twice trying what some here suggested. I tryed to just get up quick. It didnt work. I knew I could get out, so to speak, but couldnt figure out how. So I stayed cool, an just kinda let myself fall into the bed. Next thing I know Im standing next to my bed looking at myself and my wife, totaly asleep. Now I have heard other folks say this as well, but there is nothing like actualy experiancing it. Right away I start questioning the reality of this experiance. Yet there I was living it. So I walked out into my living room, when I realised I had no earthly limitations. I couldnt even touch anything. My hand would just go through it. So I walked over to my door, and without hesitation I just walked through it. Thats what made this different from any dream I have ever had. It didnt require me to will myself through the door, like in a lucid dream. I just fully understood that this was the reality I was in. Least thats the best way I can explain it with words. For all intent and purpose, I was like a ghost. So now Im on my outside porch, looking at all the fresh snow, but Im not cold. Not at all. So I look up in the sky and like I have done in a couple lucid dreams, I picked out a star and just started walking twards it, till I was flying twards it.

As if this all wasnt strange enough, Im flying through the sky. At this point I dont know if I have reached a astral plan, or if I was still looking down on earth, but next thing I know Im looking down at this amazing city. Its all lit up like any city at night. I remember saying to myself this must be how superman feels, as Im looking down from an amazing height, with no fear. Now this part Im not gonna be able to explain, but i'll try. As Im looking at all the buildings, suddenly these flashes of red light are coming off the buildings. They came from everywhere. If anyone understands what I saw, Id love to hear about it. Then I woke up. Never came back to my body, just woke up. Which left me a little confused. It was 1130pm when I woke, so the whole experiance lasted 20 mins or so. Now that its over, and I have had time to reflect, part of me wants to say it was a dream. But there is another part of me that thinks what happened was real. I have never experianced anything like it before. It was amazing. Thanks for reading. Any questions or comments are welcome.

• Like 6

Wanted to write this while it was still fresh in my head.

Had My first OBE, or astral projection last night. I got interested in this subject about a year ago. Then after talking with some folks I decided it might not be a good idea, so I left it alone. Last night my back felt really tight, so I used one of the meditations that never produced a OBE, but was very helpful in relaxing me. So I focused hard on relaxing every muscle. I got so relaxed that I was seconds away from full sleep when this powerful vib came over my whole body. I have felt this in the past, but it was much stronger this time. Instantly my mind wanted to get excited, but I knew if that happened it would go away. I almost lost it twice trying what some here suggested. I tryed to just get up quick. It didnt work. I knew I could get out, so to speak, but couldnt figure out how. So I stayed cool, an just kinda let myself fall into the bed. Next thing I know Im standing next to my bed looking at myself and my wife, totaly asleep. Now I have heard other folks say this as well, but there is nothing like actualy experiancing it. Right away I start questioning the reality of this experiance. Yet there I was living it. So I walked out into my living room, when I realised I had no earthly limitations. I couldnt even touch anything. My hand would just go through it. So I walked over to my door, and without hesitation I just walked through it. Thats what made this different from any dream I have ever had. It didnt require me to will myself through the door, like in a lucid dream. I just fully understood that this was the reality I was in. Least thats the best way I can explain it with words. For all intent and purpose, I was like a ghost. So now Im on my outside porch, looking at all the fresh snow, but Im not cold. Not at all. So I look up in the sky and like I have done in a couple lucid dreams, I picked out a star and just started walking twards it, till I was flying twards it.

As if this all wasnt strange enough, Im flying through the sky. At this point I dont know if I have reached a astral plan, or if I was still looking down on earth, but next thing I know Im looking down at this amazing city. Its all lit up like any city at night. I remember saying to myself this must be how superman feels, as Im looking down from an amazing height, with no fear. Now this part Im not gonna be able to explain, but i'll try. As Im looking at all the buildings, suddenly these flashes of red light are coming off the buildings. They came from everywhere. If anyone understands what I saw, Id love to hear about it. Then I woke up. Never came back to my body, just woke up. Which left me a little confused. It was 1130pm when I woke, so the whole experiance lasted 20 mins or so. Now that its over, and I have had time to reflect, part of me wants to say it was a dream. But there is another part of me that thinks what happened was real. I have never experianced anything like it before. It was amazing. Thanks for reading. Any questions or comments are welcome.

Awesome. Your inturpretatiion of what happened is your own. It's hard to say what the red flashes were. I suspect something was about to happen, but the intrigue and amazement got the better of you. Next time don't hesitate or just watch. Take an action. Fly towards them. You followed the steps and handled your emotions beautifully. Not an easy thing to do.

Congratulations a first OBE is a life long game changer for some people.

Take care.

Edited by White Crane Feather
  • Like 2

Awesome. Your inturpretatiion of what happened is your own. It's hard to say what the red flashes were. I suspect something was about to happen, but the intrigue and amazement got the better of you. Next time don't hesitate or just watch. Take an action. Fly towards them. You followed the steps and handled your emotions beautifully. Not an easy thing to do.

Take care.

Yes. Thats the key. Everything flowed nice till I saw the red lights, it changed the experiance to almost frighting. If I end up there again, I will try to stay calm. Thanks for the advice. I have read 100 stories from you good folks on here about your travels, but you cant understand till it happens to you.

One thing stood out that makes me think it wasnt a dream. As I was looking at myself, and my wife laying in bed, I came around to her side, and had to get really close to her face to see her. I even remember thinking that it was really dark in the room. More so then normal. So after the whole thing was over, I woke up and came out to my living room. I realized I never turned the light on in the kitchen before I went to bed, like I always do. You can see a small amount of light from the kitchen in my bed room, so its not totaly dark.

I dont know yet if this will be a life game changer. But Im certainly gonna chew on this for sometime to come.

• Like 2

White Crane, were you the one I was talking to about this stuff last year? Was your name Seeker at the time?

White Crane, were you the one I was talking to about this stuff last year? Was your name Seeker at the time?

Yes :)

• Like 1

Yes :)

Hey bro, I'll be damned your advice worked, it only took a year, lol. Actualy I finnaly got off a prescription drug I had been taking for a few years. Its only been 2 weeks, and this now seems to be much more easy then I made it out to be. Since I talked to you, I talked with some folks who connected some dots as far as what my, for lack of a better word, religous beliefs said about all this. Come to find out, those people didnt think it was a good idea. They never tryed to say it wasnt real. Quit the oposite actualy. I didnt know who was right about it, so I thought Id better just leave it be. In fact I wanted to come talk to you about what I had learned, but I have alot of respect for you, and didnt want you to think I was trying to preach at ya. Nor am I going to do that now.

After last night though, I really just dont know what to think. It happened so quickly, I didnt have time to consider whether or not it was a good Idea. I saw the wave, and jumped on. I dont believe God would intentionaly throw me in harms way, and its not like I was even trying to get out of my body when I layed down. It just kinda happened. As you can imagine my whole world is kinda flipped upside down today. I cant reconcile whether it was a real experiance, or just a very strange dream. How do you see this? Do you believe you actualy leave your body when this happens? Or is it some type of advanced dream state? I cant help but be left with the feeling that what happened last night was real. Real as in the very definition of the word. What say you?

• Like 2

Hey bro, I'll be damned your advice worked, it only took a year, lol. Actualy I finnaly got off a prescription drug I had been taking for a few years. Its only been 2 weeks, and this now seems to be much more easy then I made it out to be. Since I talked to you, I talked with some folks who connected some dots as far as what my, for lack of a better word, religous beliefs said about all this. Come to find out, those people didnt think it was a good idea. They never tryed to say it wasnt real. Quit the oposite actualy. I didnt know who was right about it, so I thought Id better just leave it be. In fact I wanted to come talk to you about what I had learned, but I have alot of respect for you, and didnt want you to think I was trying to preach at ya. Nor am I going to do that now.

After last night though, I really just dont know what to think. It happened so quickly, I didnt have time to consider whether or not it was a good Idea. I saw the wave, and jumped on. I dont believe God would intentionaly throw me in harms way, and its not like I was even trying to get out of my body when I layed down. It just kinda happened. As you can imagine my whole world is kinda flipped upside down today. I cant reconcile whether it was a real experiance, or just a very strange dream. How do you see this? Do you believe you actualy leave your body when this happens? Or is it some type of advanced dream state? I cant help but be left with the feeling that what happened last night was real. Real as in the very definition of the word. What say you?

You will get differnt responses from different people. I have seen things and powerful real life confirmations that lead me to believe its not "just a dream". But then again I don't think dreams are "just dreams". I have come to accept a continuum of consciousness. From scenario dreaming all the way past NDEs.

As to the spirit body actually leaving. Nobody familure with these altered states actually believes that. It should not be look at like a separation. More like an expansion. The feeling of movement and travel is a necessary psychological crutch otherwise what kind of memory could you Inturpret. If you ever get the chance to experience something that there is not verbal communication for, you will know what I'm talking about.

Yes religious dogma is a difficult obstacle. I would ask why your friends believe these things. In truth, once you have deeper understanding of all of this you can look at most prophetic encounters and spiritual encounters in their doctrine and you will instantly recognize that their very founders are experiencing exactly this. But it's not for everyone. It takes a measure of personal control and relaxed problem solving that you can imagine not everyone is prepared for. But it is what it is. people are also subject to what they are told. It's the rare few that will see for themselves. In truth long before these dogmas, my ancestors.. And yours, this was a corner stone of their spiritual existence. My own personal path rests there. :) I hope that answers your question, and thank you for the kind words. The respect is mutual.

• Like 3

You will get differnt responses from different people. I have seen things and powerful real life confirmations that lead me to believe its not "just a dream". But then again I don't think dreams are "just dreams". I have come to accept a continuum of consciousness. From scenario dreaming all the way past NDEs.

As to the spirit body actually leaving. Nobody familure with these altered states actually believes that. It should not be look at like a separation. More like an expansion. The feeling of movement and travel is a necessary psychological crutch otherwise what kind of memory could you Inturpret. If you ever get the chance to experience something that there is not verbal communication for, you will know what I'm talking about.

Yes religious dogma is a difficult obstacle. I would ask why your friends believe these things. In truth, once you have deeper understanding of all of this you can look at most prophetic encounters and spiritual encounters in their doctrine and you will instantly recognize that their very founders are experiencing exactly this. But it's not for everyone. It takes a measure of personal control and relaxed problem solving that you can imagine not everyone is prepared for. But it is what it is. people are also subject to what they are told. It's the rare few that will see for themselves. In truth long before these dogmas, my ancestors.. And yours, this was a corner stone of their spiritual existence. My own personal path rests there. :) I hope that answers your question, and thank you for the kind words. The respect is mutual.

I totaly agree that this is how most prophetic encounters went. Prophecy is kinda my thing. John said when he was taken up to heaven, he wasnt sure if it was in full body, or in spirit. From his experiance the book of Revelations was written. If my experiance had started outside, where I didnt have to walk through a door, I would have pondered the same thing. Their argument was from the bible where we are told that satan is the prince of the air, and that the astral plan belonged to him. Also that satan and demons present themselfs as angels of light, and that one could become deceived by them. I was really torn, cause I was fasinated by the whole thing. But when push came to shove, it wasnt really anything more then a interest, so I decided not to risk it.

Listen I have alot more I want to talk with you about, but I just ran outta time. Didnt even finish this post. I will hit you back up soon as Im done.

What if the red lights were just other people having an OBE? Whether intentional or not, I believe we OBE while we sleep. It is conscious OBEs, non-sleeping OBEs that are what we seek, for the access to awareness of it.

HemiSync, wave 1, teaches you to put an energy field around your body. You might try that the minute you know you are OBE-ing.

Edited by regeneratia

What if AIR is a mistranslation and it really means ether?

I totaly agree that this is how most prophetic encounters went. Prophecy is kinda my thing. John said when he was taken up to heaven, he wasnt sure if it was in full body, or in spirit. From his experiance the book of Revelations was written. If my experiance had started outside, where I didnt have to walk through a door, I would have pondered the same thing. Their argument was from the bible where we are told that satan is the prince of the air, and that the astral plan belonged to him. Also that satan and demons present themselfs as angels of light, and that one could become deceived by them. I was really torn, cause I was fasinated by the whole thing. But when push came to shove, it wasnt really anything more then a interest, so I decided not to risk it.

Listen I have alot more I want to talk with you about, but I just ran outta time. Didnt even finish this post. I will hit you back up soon as Im done.

Take care.

Would you be so kind as to enlighten me as to the steps?

I think I have been doing OBEs since childhood. Especially in my twenties, when I was living over vast quantities of underground salt caves. The phone would ring or there was a knock at the door and I would astrally get up and answer it, while the rest of me was conscious and half-asleep in bed. I always knew who called or who came to the door when I finally got physically up. My head was pointed south all the time that these experiences were going on.

I see. Well I wasn't sure how Astral related to the air so I looked up the entomology. Ironically or maybe not ironic :) it has to do with the stars " and "supersensible Substances". I suppose the loose connection to the air probably has something to do with the flying or possibly the middle eastern Djinn. The Abrahamic faiths are a set middles eastern set of mythologies, so it makes a little sense that Djinn and astral experiences might be interpreted as attached to evil, but im not a theologian or religious historian, so I imagine my musings are way off, as I suspect others are. astral (adj.) dictionary.gif "pertaining to the stars," c.1600, from Late Latin astralis, from Latin astrum "star," from Greek astron (see astro-). Meaning "pertaining to supersensible substances" is from 1690s, popularized late 19c. in Theosophy.

Some astral experiences can scare the holy crap out of someone who is not prepared to be in control, imagine witnessing the images in revelation 1st hand but not being calm about it. I suspect that's where the traditional fear lies. Its also a practice where you are seeking your own spiritual answers, something that is an anthem to organized religion. don't get me wrong im not putting anyone's faith down, I am forced by honesty to call it how I see it. You recognized that the leaders of the past were indeed called up. I see no reason why that cannot be a present reality.

Something you said was the key to why you were successful. "Ride the wave". You surrendered, and you left your faith in the great spirit. This as an aspect I try to get people to understand. Then were shown something. Beautiful isn't it?

• Like 1

Would you be so kind as to enlighten me as to the steps?

I think I have been doing OBEs since childhood. Especially in my twenties, when I was living over vast quantities of underground salt caves. The phone would ring or there was a knock at the door and I would astrally get up and answer it, while the rest of me was conscious and half-asleep in bed. I always knew who called or who came to the door when I finally got physically up. My head was pointed south all the time that these experiences were going on.

start here. My tutorial is the second post with a video. :) I hope it helps.

http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=219629

What if the red lights were just other people having an OBE? Whether intentional or not, I believe we OBE while we sleep. It is conscious OBEs, non-sleeping OBEs that are what we seek, for the access to awareness of it.

HemiSync, wave 1, teaches you to put an energy field around your body. You might try that the minute you know you are OBE-ing.

I cant even pretend to have the slightest clue what those red lights were about reg. So I suppose its possible.

I see. Well I wasn't sure how Astral related to the air so I looked up the entomology. Ironically or maybe not ironic :) it has to do with the stars " and "supersensible Substances". I suppose the loose connection to the air probably has something to do with the flying or possibly the middle eastern Djinn. The Abrahamic faiths are a set middles eastern set of mythologies, so it makes a little sense that Djinn and astral experiences might be interpreted as attached to evil, but im not a theologian or religious historian, so I imagine my musings are way off, as I suspect others are. astral (adj.) dictionary.gif "pertaining to the stars," c.1600, from Late Latin astralis, from Latin astrum "star," from Greek astron (see astro-). Meaning "pertaining to supersensible substances" is from 1690s, popularized late 19c. in Theosophy.

Some astral experiences can scare the holy crap out of someone who is not prepared to be in control, imagine witnessing the images in revelation 1st hand but not being calm about it. I suspect that's where the traditional fear lies. Its also a practice where you are seeking your own spiritual answers, something that is an anthem to organized religion. don't get me wrong im not putting anyone's faith down, I am forced by honesty to call it how I see it. You recognized that the leaders of the past were indeed called up. I see no reason why that cannot be a present reality.

Something you said was the key to why you were successful. "Ride the wave". You surrendered, and you left your faith in the great spirit. This as an aspect I try to get people to understand. Then were shown something. Beautiful isn't it?

It was amazing. Maybe Im reading to much into it, but I keep searching for what it all meant. Just seems to profound to be for nothing. Problem with that is the experiance left more questions then answers.

I can dig what you are saying though in regards to dogma. I have actualy been shedding alot of it for sometime now. Once I admitted there were certain things I just didnt/couldnt know, the closer I felt with God. Maybe that why I was able to take the leap. I dont know. But I do have limitations. Like I was really glad that I didnt encounter anyone/thing else during the OBE. I dont know if I can handle seeing something that at least it would appear to be something to fear. And even if they seemed cool, Im kinda pre programed to not trust them. Trying to look at it from your POV, that probably is a shame.

Now that it actualy happened, does it get less difficult to do? I tryed again this afternoon, but nothing happened. Just ended up taking a nap. Somehow I kinda thought Id be all pro at it once I got a taste. LOL

start here. My tutorial is the second post with a video. :) I hope it helps.

http://www.unexplain...howtopic=219629

thank you. I do appreciate it.

Just did some HemiSync, feel relaxed to the max. And always intrigued by the visions on the back of my eyelids.

• Like 3

Thats amazing :D. Every since seeing this site iv been wanting to astral project. Iv tried some time but dont even get close. I think it's because I still have some emotional pinups.

As for the people that say astral project is unsafe, I wouldent listen to them. I feel like its only our fear that causes problems, i dont believe in like a Christian idea of hell, I actually think the root of all the problems in the world is fear. just be full of love and acceptance. The opposite of fear, love.

But thats just me anyways. Good job.

• Like 2

It was amazing. Maybe Im reading to much into it, but I keep searching for what it all meant. Just seems to profound to be for nothing. Problem with that is the experiance left more questions then answers.

I can dig what you are saying though in regards to dogma. I have actualy been shedding alot of it for sometime now. Once I admitted there were certain things I just didnt/couldnt know, the closer I felt with God. Maybe that why I was able to take the leap. I dont know. But I do have limitations. Like I was really glad that I didnt encounter anyone/thing else during the OBE. I dont know if I can handle seeing something that at least it would appear to be something to fear. And even if they seemed cool, Im kinda pre programed to not trust them. Trying to look at it from your POV, that probably is a shame.

Now that it actualy happened, does it get less difficult to do? I tryed again this afternoon, but nothing happened. Just ended up taking a nap. Somehow I kinda thought Id be all pro at it once I got a taste. LOL

Nothing wrong with caution.

Hahaha well yes and no. Practice will be your friend of course, try and have a purpose, as I have mentioned its like learning to walk. You are going to have many stumbles. My advice is not to be in rush, when you find the opportunity to do something do it. You will find you will be more successful at the oddest times. The most important is to continue to be kind and trust in the great spirit. When you meet your first angel or guide apply the same caution that you would anyone else to a new relationship. It's not much more complicated than that. Human beings are experts at guessing the lion in the grass but mostly its just grass.

• Like 1

I couldnt even touch anything. My hand would just go through it. So I walked over to my door, and without hesitation I just walked through it. Thats what made this different from any dream I have ever had. It didnt require me to will myself through the door, like in a lucid dream. I just fully understood that this was the reality I was in/

If you fully understand during a lucid dream that nothing is real, then you will walk through anything without needing will. That's why my main advice to people who try to go through a wall for example, is to just do it and do it quickly so you're not thinking too much about it. Some people will give advice to go through slowly and imagine merging with the wall and taking your time etc. But imo this only gives time to create doubt. And needing to think that much about it shows they don't fully understand the environment they are in. So in your case you fully understood the reality was not real which means no problems going through objects. Sometimes in lucid dreaming you can lose some of this feeling and have a tiny bit of doubt creep in which will make you need to re try going through the wall again. While in normal dreams you are completely fooled by the 'reality' so objects are as solid as if in real life.

One thing stood out that makes me think it wasnt a dream. As I was looking at myself, and my wife laying in bed, I came around to her side, and had to get really close to her face to see her. I even remember thinking that it was really dark in the room. More so then normal. So after the whole thing was over, I woke up and came out to my living room. I realized I never turned the light on in the kitchen before I went to bed, like I always do. You can see a small amount of light from the kitchen in my bed room, so its not totaly dark.

I dont know yet if this will be a life game changer. But Im certainly gonna chew on this for sometime to come.

A possible explanation for this part would be that because your eyes are still taking in information they have created the darker scene. So basically because they didn't see a mild light source coming through the eye lids the brain would've picked that up. Also somewhere in your mind you might of been aware you hadn't turned the light on before going to sleep as usual.

Either way though, in the end it sounded like a cool experience.

• Like 1

Congrats. It sounds like you had a Guinean experience. I haven't had a full blown experience like the one that you described since i had mine when i was younger. However when you were in Astral Mode did your Arms feel like your real ones even though if you tried to touch something it would just pass right through it?

• Like 1

Congrats. It sounds like you had a Guinean experience.

What is a non genuine experience? So what is the difference between a genuine experience and a non genuine experience of an OBE?

Thats amazing :D. Every since seeing this site iv been wanting to astral project. Iv tried some time but dont even get close. I think it's because I still have some emotional pinups.

As for the people that say astral project is unsafe, I wouldent listen to them. I feel like its only our fear that causes problems, i dont believe in like a Christian idea of hell, I actually think the root of all the problems in the world is fear. just be full of love and acceptance. The opposite of fear, love.

But thats just me anyways. Good job.

Well I think a little fear might be healthy at times. We do live in a dangerous place. To be honest though, Im not sure I believe in the Christian version of hell either. At least not in the eternal tormenting punnishment that never ends kinda hell, but I cant say for sure. I no longer waste time burdoning myself with it. I have listened to 100's of NDE's and the common pattern I see is that love is by far the most important thing. So I certainly believe you are right about that.

Nothing wrong with caution.

Hahaha well yes and no. Practice will be your friend of course, try and have a purpose, as I have mentioned its like learning to walk. You are going to have many stumbles. My advice is not to be in rush, when you find the opportunity to do something do it. You will find you will be more successful at the oddest times. The most important is to continue to be kind and trust in the great spirit. When you meet your first angel or guide apply the same caution that you would anyone else to a new relationship. It's not much more complicated than that. Human beings are experts at guessing the lion in the grass but mostly its just grass.

Oh man I wish I would have read this last night before bed. I got nothing last night. Couldnt even get that small vib feeling I used to get when I first tryed.

Purpose.

Noted.

I also noticed it was harder to relax, now that I know what im in for, its just too exciting.

Im gonna have to take your advice in regards to others I might see out there. I know myself well enough to understand that whether or not this is a good idea, Im certain to continue. I have been searching for the great unknown my whole life. Its how I eventualy met (so to speak) the great spirit, who I happen to have given the name Jesus Christ. Well I didnt give him the name, but Im sure you can dig what m saying.

Congrats. It sounds like you had a Guinean experience. I haven't had a full blown experience like the one that you described since i had mine when i was younger. However when you were in Astral Mode did your Arms feel like your real ones even though if you tried to touch something it would just pass right through it?

Great question. My cousin ask me several questions similar to the one you asked. I couldnt answer all his questions, but this one I can. Let me explain what happened when I first realized I couldnt touch anything. When I came walking out to my living room, I have a couch thats right at the entrance. I was still a little overwhelmed at seeing myself and my wife on the bed (oh by the way my wife now thinks im crazy. She didnt directly say so, but I can tell. from now on Im not saying anything to her, Im on my own.) so when I got to the couch, I went to put my hand on it to lean on it, and think about what I had just seen. To my surprize, my hand went right through it. It was a total shock. Thats because I felt exactly as I do right now. I thought somehow that I was still fully myself. It was a little scary, but very liberating at the same time. That experiance was what gave me the confidence to walk through the door without any hesitation. So to answer your question, yes. I explained it to my cousin like this. I was fully myself, in everyway. I just understood that I was playing under a different set of rules.

• Like 1

If you fully understand during a lucid dream that nothing is real, then you will walk through anything without needing will. That's why my main advice to people who try to go through a wall for example, is to just do it and do it quickly so you're not thinking too much about it. Some people will give advice to go through slowly and imagine merging with the wall and taking your time etc. But imo this only gives time to create doubt. And needing to think that much about it shows they don't fully understand the environment they are in. So in your case you fully understood the reality was not real which means no problems going through objects. Sometimes in lucid dreaming you can lose some of this feeling and have a tiny bit of doubt creep in which will make you need to re try going through the wall again. While in normal dreams you are completely fooled by the 'reality' so objects are as solid as if in real life.

A possible explanation for this part would be that because your eyes are still taking in information they have created the darker scene. So basically because they didn't see a mild light source coming through the eye lids the brain would've picked that up. Also somewhere in your mind you might of been aware you hadn't turned the light on before going to sleep as usual.

Either way though, in the end it sounded like a cool experience.

It really was a awesome experiance.

Im no expert on lucid dreaming. Not by a long shot. I have only had a small handfull of experiances. So dont get me wrong, in no way am I saying you are wrong. Maybe it was a lucid dream. From my POV this is how the experiances were very different. For me, every lucid dream I ever had, I was first in a regular dream. For what ever reason during that dream, I would become conscience that I was in a dream. From there my first thought was to fly. It was always difficult to do. It was always a hard exorcise in mental will power, where if I lost focus, or got to comfortable, I would actualy fall. Sometimes Id fall a great distance. I have even experianced what we would think of as pain when I hit the ground.

This experiance didnt start from a already existing dream state. This started with a very powerful vibration feeling. From there, at no point did I think I was in a dream. In fact I wasnt sure exactly what was happening at all. Also the things that happened that you could compare to dreams, came with no effort. No mental will power at all. In fact, not being able to touch things was a total shock to me. In other words, I should have been tricked into thinking my couch was real. I believed my couch was real. I was very surprized to find that it, or I, wasnt.

Edited by preacherman76