Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

My EVP spirit findings while I sleep.

grantf009

Well that's the end of that... I assume.

It actually isn't. His test was his own. My recording quality on my Galaxy S4 Active is very good in use with it.

I also just learn to ignore the people that try and turn me down, not answering anything I asked and then they think they're all big shots.

Hopefully not :unsure:

My hearing isn't the greatest but i'm pretty good at hearing nothing in EVPs :D

To Brian Topp, awesome work on the control test :tu:

To the OP, hopefully you figure out a way to get the audio uploaded, i believe there is a site called sound cloud or something like that that is specifically designed for audio, maybe another member could point you in the right direction on that one.

Again, He used an IPhone 5. I have a Galaxy S4 active, which his test does not prove that all others do not work as well as his test said.

Because since my phone picked up what I have recorded, that would mean my test proves his works very well, and that he is too dumb to hear anything.

Again, He used an IPhone 5. I have a Galaxy S4 active, which his test does not prove that all others do not work as well as his test said.

Because since my phone picked up what I have recorded, that would mean my test proves his works very well, and that he is too dumb to hear anything.

Let me find the specs of your galaxy S4 and compare it to the Iphone 5 HZ.

Once more, please understand I am not saying your proof is "wrong" because we still haven't listen to Sound Recordings, I gave you an alternative explanation through research in controlled situations that I can repeat the same test over and get the same results.

The app stores/save the sound quality in a lower format, That means the raw sound is filtered and distorts and loses the original sound. Imagine you and I are talking about a movie, you get a clear voice. Now imagine the whole time I had talked through a tin can, That what that app does but not at that extreme. You can not blame it on my iphone for the application is doing it. When sound decreases, movement, background noise, even you breathing can make it sound like some one is talking to you.

Now, you said you recorded this at night? Well sound can be heard from greater distances during night called since there isn't much "masking". Masking is other sounds you hear normally during the day, such as people working, cars, plans, birds etc. These sounds mask that are coming further away, making it harder to hear it. At night, Sound will decrease (granted it depends on where you live, like New York City, a city that never sleeps) sound can travel. The best example is when you leave your house at night and you can make out two people talking down the street and it can sound like they are a lot closer.

With this in mind, Sound can be picked up by voice recorders or voice recorder apps. Even with a cheap twenty dollar sound recorder it will pick up the sounds but it could come faint or muffled.

You have to understand what the limitations of the technology you use to help you interpret your results. There was these teenagers, they did a video recording in a park and they stood in a rock tunnel. They told us their results were some one whispering to them, When I replayed their video, their whispers were actually their jackets moving and it did sound like some one said "Wish".

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 1

Well, where are the recordings? It doesn't take a genius to get a file from a cellphone change format and upload it to Soundcloud or even upload the file to mediafire or any service like that. I mean come on.

• Like 1

Grantf009, I did some research and I want to know if you have Noise Reduction and Voice Privacy, If so these two are pretty common to distort/buff out background noises even with the app running.

A couple settings that could be involved are:

Settings>My Device>Call

-Noise Reduction

-Voice Privacy

So far I am having no luck finding the HZ's on the microphone/sound input on the S4

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I guess we will never heard his evps

No, I suppose we won't get to hear his EVPs, and I don't blame him. Some of you were pretty harsh on him.

• Like 2

No, I suppose we won't get to hear his EVPs, and I don't blame him. Some of you were pretty harsh on him.

Harsh where?

Initially the OP was only looking for others that shared the same experience, if he had left it at that, it would have been that.

The first mention of having recorded evidence though of course changes everything.

A level of scrutiny has to be expected for claims like this and i feel the OP understands that.

• Like 4

Do you know how often people claim to have audio, photos, video, etc. of the paranormal yet won't or can't post it for others?

It's on their friends phone who is on vacation and won't be back for a month.

The video footage was wiped because we wanted to reuse the tapes or because we thought the tapes were haunted.

I can't figure out how to post a photo online from my iPhone despite being offered multiple methods of doing so by

Etc. etc.

If you claim to have evidence of the paranormal you should be expected to pony up the evidence and to have the evidence scrutinised. Some people just want confirmation that they are right and in which case, this is the wrong place. You'll find all sorts here, cynics who jumped to unwarranted conclusions about fakes and photoshopping, the gullible who think every paranormal story told is evidence of guardian angels and demonic possession and people in between who are believers or skeptical of the paranormal and are willing to try and coax out more information, see (or hear) the actual evidence that is claimed, try and get technical information about the equipment used as it might be useful, etc.

That's all that happened here. The OP claimed to have evidence of a recording of an EVP. When asked to provide the recording and asked for technical details, he went on the defensive and ran home and took his ball with him.

It's not an uncommon experience on this forum.

• Like 6

Do you know how often people claim to have audio, photos, video, etc. of the paranormal yet won't or can't post it for others?

The video footage was wiped because we wanted to reuse the tapes or because we thought the tapes were haunted.

I can't figure out how to post a photo online from my iPhone despite being offered multiple methods of doing so by

Etc. etc.

If you claim to have evidence of the paranormal you should be expected to pony up the evidence and to have the evidence scrutinised. Some people just want confirmation that they are right and in which case, this is the wrong place. You'll find all sorts here, cynics who jumped to unwarranted conclusions about fakes and photoshopping, the gullible who think every paranormal story told is evidence of guardian angels and demonic possession and people in between who are believers or skeptical of the paranormal and are willing to try and coax out more information, see (or hear) the actual evidence that is claimed, try and get technical information about the equipment used as it might be useful, etc.

That's all that happened here. The OP claimed to have evidence of a recording of an EVP. When asked to provide the recording and asked for technical details, he went on the defensive and ran home and took his ball with him.

I can't argue with you there, everything you said is true. It may be my 2nd post here, but I'm certainly not new to any of the paranormal forums. I know what goes on.

That said, it seems that the negative experiences have made some overly cynical. I don't blame the OP if he had second thoughts about posting his evidence here.

Edited by Shami
  • Like 1

I can't argue with you there, everything you said is true. It may be my 2nd post here, but I'm certainly not new to any of the paranormal forums. I know what goes on.

That said, it seems that the negative experiences have made some overly cynical. I don't blame the OP if he had second thoughts about posting his evidence here.

To give some back story, He was going around the forum and posting in other peoples threads and saying his experience is way more legitimate than theirs and then posted the link to this thread. So he did built up a lot of hype.

Edited by Brian Topp
  • Like 2

To give some back story, He was going around the forum and posting in other peoples threads and saying his experience is way more legitimate than theirs and then posted the link to this thread. So he did built up a lot of hype.

Ahh, I stand corrected. Thank you.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I sang "Here comes the sun" for four verses while have both activated.

Now i'm officially scared! :P

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's the end of that... I assume.

No it's not. I'm a busy college student.

Ahh, I stand corrected. Thank you.

That's more of an opinion. Where did I say my stories were more legit? I asked tons of questions to people. All you do is raise my blood pressure.

• Like 2

I guess we will never heard his evps

Harsh where?

Initially the OP was only looking for others that shared the same experience, if he had left it at that, it would have been that.

The first mention of having recorded evidence though of course changes everything.

A level of scrutiny has to be expected for claims like this and i feel the OP understands that.

Etc. etc.

I'm a busy college student. And no I can't find any videos on how to do the stuff. I'm not that technical. I simply cannot find a way right now. And plus I don't really have to. Yall might raise my blood pressure a bit, but I was looking for a similiar story or evidences from other people. And to the moron who said I'm looking for an audience to "show off" to, why would I look for attention online? Is this the only place you can find your friends and audience?

I'm waiting for the recordings aswell.

Edited by grantf009

Well, where are the recordings? It doesn't take a genius to get a file from a cellphone change format and upload it to Soundcloud or even upload the file to mediafire or any service like that. I mean come on.

It doesn't take a genius to see a smartass and know cigs kill.

He offers you coffin nails dudes, why don't you nuts say 'thankyou' ?

• Like 1

It doesn't take a genius to see a smartass and know cigs kill.

Unnecessary stress kills, raising your blood pressure over what folks say on the the internet kills, crossing the street at the wrong time kills.

Why focus on such a trivial thing such as cigarettes?

You create your own stress my friend, perhaps you should work on a better time management system so you have less stress in your life.

I own 2 businesses while working a full time (40 hrs a week) job. I smoke and drink, all while pushing 40 and am healthy as a race horse...me thinks mentality plays a large role in ones lifestyle...who knows though...maybe i'm just a unknown superhero?

• Like 2

Unnecessary stress kills, raising your blood pressure over what folks say on the the internet kills, crossing the street at the wrong time kills.

Why focus on such a trivial thing such as cigarettes?

You create your own stress my friend, perhaps you should work on a better time management system so you have less stress in your life.

I own 2 businesses while working a full time (40 hrs a week) job. I smoke and drink, all while pushing 40 and am healthy as a race horse...me thinks mentality plays a large role in ones lifestyle...who knows though...maybe i'm just a unknown superhero?

No it's just the fact that everyone wants alll sorts of proof. Which is really hard to find out how to upload these stupid things.

And to the blood pressure. That's normal. It's been off and on to any situation. No worries.

No it's just the fact that everyone wants alll sorts of proof. Which is really hard to find out how to upload these stupid things.

And to the blood pressure. That's normal. It's been off and on to any situation. No worries.

Of course they want proof. How can you believe they would not after claiming you have it?

Posters on here have been extremely helpful in providing sources for uploading, i've not used these sources myself but to my understanding are quite simple to use. I'm not the greatest at using software, reality is i flat out suck at it, but even i can figure it out and it only takes a few minutes to do...

Think of it more as a request from the extremely curious...

• Like 3

Of course they want proof. How can you believe they would not after claiming you have it?

Posters on here have been extremely helpful in providing sources for uploading, i've not used these sources myself but to my understanding are quite simple to use. I'm not the greatest at using software, reality is i flat out suck at it, but even i can figure it out and it only takes a few minutes to do...

Think of it more as a request from the extremely curious...

True. However I just came on here for questions and seeing if anyone out there can say "hey, that happens to me too". I don't see the point of uploading evidence to prove my statement. So I'll let them believe it's false. Then what happens next? They leave. I'll keep looking for anyone with similar experiences.

Btw, even if I find a way to upload my clips, what good does it do to upload it and then have the skeptics turn it down still? Pointless. If you're a previous skeptic, move on already. If you believe it's false, leave. There's nothing you're "proving" or "solving". You can't speak for me, or say you witnessed it. Because it came from my family and I's experience.

True. However I just came on here for questions and seeing if anyone out there can say "hey, that happens to me too". I don't see the point of uploading evidence to prove my statement. So I'll let them believe it's false. Then what happens next? They leave. I'll keep looking for anyone with similar experiences.

Btw, even if I find a way to upload my clips, what good does it do to upload it and then have the skeptics turn it down still? Pointless. If you're a previous skeptic, move on already. If you believe it's false, leave. There's nothing you're "proving" or "solving". You can't speak for me, or say you witnessed it. Because it came from my family and I's experience.

Which is why i backed you when another poster came in saying folks were being harsh on you, but i also back the other posters. I try and see all 3 sides of the coin, we all have our experiences, we make of them what we will, i've had my own, i've shared them at some point or another, no matter what anyone says, they are my experiences, i let the haters hate and the believers believe, does not change my perception of what happen.

I don't doubt your experiences, i was among the "curious" population of posters, if you have not the time to upload your captured experiences i respect that, just don't take what folk say personal or bother getting defensive, it only excites some folks and provokes them further (i am in no way referring to anyone specific in this thread, only generalizing).

• Like 2

Which is why i backed you when another poster came in saying folks were being harsh on you, but i also back the other posters. I try and see all 3 sides of the coin, we all have our experiences, we make of them what we will, i've had my own, i've shared them at some point or another, no matter what anyone says, they are my experiences, i let the haters hate and the believers believe, does not change my perception of what happen.

I don't doubt your experiences, i was among the "curious" population of posters, if you have not the time to upload your captured experiences i respect that, just don't take what folk say personal or bother getting defensive, it only excites some folks and provokes them further (i am in no way referring to anyone specific in this thread, only generalizing).

Sorry :/. I know I realized that before. Thanks btw.

And when I kept saying "you" I didn't mean you at all. Just all skeptics. I feel bad for seeming like it was all on you.

Sorry altogether

• Like 1