Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Ghost stories still surround Japan Tsunami

UM-Bot

A series of strange tales and incidents have appeared in the wake of the devastating 2011 tsunami.

Nearly 20,000 people lost their lives when an undersea earthquake produced a huge tidal wave that struck the east coast of Japan. Now as the country and its people continue to rebuild in the wake of the disaster a strange new subculture of eerie tales and ghost stories has arisen surrounding the fate of its victims.

Read More: http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/news/262758/ghost-stories-still-surround-japan-tsunami

• Like 1

With so many lives lost it does make me wonder. I can't imagine how anyone would want to make up stories regarding their lost loved ones, there must be some truth to some of the stories I would think.

• Like 1

with such loss, to loved one or just a friendly neighbor, can make people deprived, stressed, depressed, and many other emotional state.

And left unchecked over a long period of time, people can start to hallucinate...

if you mix negative emotions and hallucination, people will 100% believe they experienced something they believe was so real

• Like 1

Can't say that i am surprised. The only thing that i am surprised about is that we are only hearing about them now.

• A Sendai cab driver picked up a sad-looking man who wanted to go to an address that had been swept away. The cab driver looked in the mirror and saw that his passenger was gone, but the driver drove there anyway and opened the door for the ghost to leave.

Now i love hearing these stories. ^ Maybe the Ghost didn't have any money lol? but seriously i don't know what i would do if i picked up someone expecting to drive them to X location and then they disappeared without any explanation. I'd probably **** myself.

With so many lives lost it does make me wonder. I can't imagine how anyone would want to make up stories regarding their lost loved ones, there must be some truth to some of the stories I would think.

I agree there has to be some truth to these horrible events. How do you pick up the pieces and start over again if you lost loved ones.

With such bleak mass death events, there always follows a morbid intrigue of why countless paranormal occurrences do not stain the earth where these tragedies occur. Obviously with Gettysburg, Normandy, castles... so on and so forth throughout any time period of the planet, you hear about many ghost tales but considering the horrific weight of the deaths transitioning in a short, bloody and miserable window of time, you would expect innumerable. It offers many many questions on the nature, origin and process of how a ghost is formed and comes into 'fruition' so to speak.

• Like 1

People invented stories about how they or their loved ones were victims of 9/11. It happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Esteve_Head

Not saying that's what's involved in these stories, but don't fall for the fallacy that assumes or concludes a story is true because it involves [supposed] loved ones and/or a genuine tragic event.

• Like 3

People invented stories about how they or their loved ones were victims of 9/11. It happens.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alicia_Esteve_Head

Not saying that's what's involved in these stories, but don't fall for the fallacy that assumes or concludes a story is true because it involves [supposed] loved ones and/or a genuine tragic event.

Jesse

I agree and that just shows how shallow man kind can be. I hope it is a small group...

http://en.wikipedia....cia_Esteve_Head

A lot of ghost stories involve lost loved ones. I was giving them the benefit of the doubt when I said "there must be some truth to some of the stories I would think" - the emphasis being on "some". Personally I find it difficult to believe in ghosts.

I believe in "ghosts", but I also think extreme psychological trauma from the living after such a massive tragedy, so desperately wanting their dead ones to be alive, or wanting a "sign", could cause problems with interpretation of shadows, sounds, etc...

• Like 3

With such bleak mass death events, there always follows a morbid intrigue of why countless paranormal occurrences do not stain the earth where these tragedies occur. Obviously with Gettysburg, Normandy, castles... so on and so forth throughout any time period of the planet, you hear about many ghost tales but considering the horrific weight of the deaths transitioning in a short, bloody and miserable window of time, you would expect innumerable. It offers many many questions on the nature, origin and process of how a ghost is formed and comes into 'fruition' so to speak.

I've been to Gettysburg.

I'll just say that it definitely lent itself to my bank of experiences.

*edit: I think mass death definitely stains the earth with energy.

Edited by Awake2Chaos
  • Like 5

I've been to Gettysburg.

I'll just say that it definitely lent itself to my bank of experiences.

*edit: I think mass death definitely stains the earth with energy.

An add-on to this-

Examples like the Civil War; Civil war battlegrounds have some spirits roaming around them.

• Like 2

I don't have problems accepting the possibility of these accounts being true or continuing to happen for some time. The event was massive enough to imprint on more than just this dimension, as quite a few people have experiences of sensing and feeling the 'sudden mass departure' and earth pains, 24 hrs before the event happened. I was one of them.

I don't have problems accepting the possibility of these accounts being true or continuing to happen for some time. The event was massive enough to imprint on more than just this dimension, as quite a few people have experiences of sensing and feeling the 'sudden mass departure' and earth pains, 24 hrs before the event happened. I was one of them.

I think I might of as well with a dream I posted a few days before it.

http://www.unexplain...7

http://www.unexplain...5

And I cant listen to the song Leaving Hope now without thinking about that tsunami in Japan.

Interesting dream K. Thanks for the links.

• Like 1

hello, i'm new :st but this subject (feeling something like this before it happened) pulled me out of lurking mode.i believe that some of the stories could be true,of course there are always people like the woman that faked being in the world trade center,on the other hand there are cases that are very true as well. i have always had a feeling of impending doom i guess you could call it when something bad was about to happen to a loved one or friend. i do believe in ghosts and have been living in a haunted house for about 5 years now,and i have tons of random pictures i took and still take of the house, basement and attic.. but that is a post for a different thread. as i would love someones feed back to my 'ghost stories' and photos. this forum / web site seems very interesting. :tu:

ummm just wondering why am i an 'alien embryo'?,cause i'm like a new and unknown entity?. that's cute if it is. :rofl::alien:

Edited by Ceridwen_9
  • Like 2

It's not hard to believe a place like this would be haunted. Just thinking of the intense emotions all those poor people went through and they're bound to leave an imprint.

ummm just wondering why am i an 'alien embryo'?,cause i'm like a new and unknown entity?. that's cute if it is. :rofl::alien:

Yup that's why lol. I love your avatar btw :)

• Like 1

I wonder if Hiroshima, and Nagasaki have ghosts, or did they get vaporized along with the flesh?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...