Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Still Waters

The moral of this story is NEVER ever get involved with Facebook. It will lead to your demise.

But if you think about it, the girl did NOT sign the confidentiality agreement. The father did. He didn't talk about it. The girl did.

To make any kind of judgement on this issue, we would need to see the wording of the agreement. Did the father sign for the whole family? Or just for him?

Legally, is she a separate entity? I would appeal again.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 2

I think it is the father's fault, if..... If he signed a confidentiality agreement for the whole family, it should have been the first thing he mentioned to his family. No girl would text if it cost the family $80,000. No matter what kind of spoiled brat you all think she is. She is innocent. She is 14, and still under massive brain development. At that age, she has no ability to have a concrete, solid picture of the future. And the brain area of her impulse development is currently being systematically dulled by the myriad, and sometimes controversial social mechanisms in play.

If the confidentiality agreement only covers his confidentiality, then they should have the money. No law should ever ask a person to lie to his/her family, even by omission.

So really, we need to see that agreement that he signed.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

Some people do like to learn the hard way...

But if you think about it, the girl did NOT sign the confidentiality agreement. The father did. He didn't talk about it. The girl did.

To make any kind of judgement on this issue, we would need to see the wording of the agreement. Did the father sign for the whole family? Or just for him?

But he did talk about it, to his daughter...a simple "do not go putting this on facebook, at least not until the money is in the bank" to her should have done.

But when they say do not mention this, especially on netwoking sites, then, well, that includes everyone, down to the father, mother, children and family pets.

You do not have to be a genius to know, in todays day and age................never brag until the money is safely in the bank, and even then i would not brag, it tends to bring out the scroungers from all corners of the woodworks.

Let this be a lesson (of life) for them all.

Here is another example, when doing jury service, you are not to mention the case, not even to your family members......not much difference here to what he signed for.

Edited by freetoroam

Then he broke it by telling his family.

the girl is innocent !

Not really. She is the one who posted it on Facebook for all to see.

The dad should never had told her, but she is not innocent in this.

• Like 2

You know the world has gone to hell when you can't trust 1200 of your closest friends...

• Like 4

the girl is innocent ! blame those that uses every single dirty tactic to get their money back !( the school refused to pay a dime because the father had signed a confidentiality agreement ).. really ? so how would a father keep that kind of money a secret from daughter and wife? or am i seeing things wrong here ?

if i would be them i would just tell them that her account has been hacked by SOMEONE with this kind of info ! o well .. only in USA ! things like this can happen lol !

I would imagine that immediate family would be included in the confidentiality agreement.

this is getting of topic ! lets start over lol .. i agree with you. we shouldn't post everything on FB.

what i am trying to say is that, sometimes honest people are being punished for being honest ! i just think that is wrong, we may call it stupid or dumb! but to use their honesty to punish them ? in some cases, yes we should .. but in this case ? hard to tell ..

There's nothing wrong with being honest - except when there is a confidentiality agreement.

• Like 2

There's nothing wrong with being honest - except when there is a confidentiality agreement.

Vety true, when those honest lawyers tell you to keep hush, then its best to do what them honest lawyers tell ya.

Or if someone tells you something in confidence. I bet not too many people tell this little blabbermouth anything they don't want the whole world to know.

Vety true, when those honest lawyers tell you to keep hush, then its best to do what them honest lawyers tell ya.

Exactly, dude had no business telling his daughter the specifics of the agreement. Or, if he chose to do so, should have reinforced the fact that the agreement was in place.

It's called living in the big people's world.

• Like 1

Like was said, the actual wording of the "confidentiality agreement" is what can sway this case one way or the other.

• Like 2

Exactly, dude had no business telling his daughter the specifics of the agreement.

how do we know he did???? all he had to do come home happy, and his kid would figure he won the case. that would be all she needed to start yapping

father may not have said a word to her, you know how teens are, (and some not so teens), what they don't know they make up. just to look cool in front of their fb friends

• Like 2

how do we know he did???? all he had to do come home happy, and his kid would figure he won the case. that would be all she needed to start yapping

father may not have said a word to her, you know how teens are, (and some not so teens), what they don't know they make up. just to look cool in front of their fb friends

Exactly... there is a "reasonable expectation" that close family members often are partially aware of legal matters regarding the parents.

I hope the Florida Supreme Court takes that into consideration.

• Like 2

Like my Grandma used to say: "Only little kids and fools tell everything they know"!!!

Well the article did say that she "learned" about the settlement. There's really no way she could have known unless the dad told her.

Dumb kid...if the dad signed a confidentiality agreement he not did tell people the kid did.

His kid could have seen it on the table and read it he needs a good lawyer.

We There's really no way she could have known unless the dad told her.

yes there is, even dogs can read emotions, let alone humans.

• Like 1

Kids these days have no tact. Though I'm sure young people swore just as bad 50 years ago, it's just there wasn't a Facebook to record it.

"What happened is that after settlement, my wife and I went in the parking lot, and we had to make some decisions on what we were going to tell my daughter."

"So there was a period of time that there was an unresolved enclosure for my wife and me. It was very important with her. We understood the confidentiality. So we knew what the restrictions were, yet we needed to tell her something," Snay explained in court documents.

They knew they were to be quiet.

They blew it.

Case closed.

or in the words of the little special one......Suck It!

• Like 1

I think it is the father's fault, if..... If he signed a confidentiality agreement for the whole family, it should have been the first thing he mentioned to his family. No girl would text if it cost the family $80,000. No matter what kind of spoiled brat you all think she is. She is innocent. She is 14, and still under massive brain development. At that age, she has no ability to have a concrete, solid picture of the future. And the brain area of her impulse development is currently being systematically dulled by the myriad, and sometimes controversial social mechanisms in play.

If the confidentiality agreement only covers his confidentiality, then they should have the money. No law should ever ask a person to lie to his/her family, even by omission.

So really, we need to see that agreement that he signed.

Shes not 14.

Shes a student at Boston College.

She knew better, she screwed her parents over.

See the link for a picture of this real piece of work.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/daughter-snarky-facebook-post-nukes-dad-80-000-settlement-deal-article-1.1709067

ok now, we do have info (don't know how true) but new article does mention she was told.

Snay argued in court documents that he and his wife agreed to tell Dana about the settlement because she was "an intricate part" of the case and had suffered "psychological scars" as a student at Gulliver.

so now we know for sure (as much as we can be sure), that she in fact was told. i wonder if parents told her about gag order as well.

Edited by aztek