Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

School Uses Bieber to Torture Students!

Eldorado

"A US school has been playing a Justin Bieber song on repeat over loud speakers as a form of torture.

The Canadian pop star's hit single Baby has been booming out for a week at Tenino High School in the US as part of a charity drive."

Short article: http://web.orange.co...ith_Bieber_song

Original US article: http://www.king5.com...-249300591.html

Kinda risky stunt, is it not? They could carry the mental scars for life.

Edited by Eldorado
  • Like 5

I beliebe this is cruel & unusual.

Edited by Dumpnuts
  • Like 7

If I had kids at this school I'd be retaining an attorney. I'd sue the school district as this nonsense directly interfers with student's ability to concentrate and learn.

• Like 7

This could have really gone wrong with a mass revolution and teachers being held hostage lol

• Like 3

:c Hopefully they can stop being unruly and behave.

So glad he was unknown while I was in school!

• Like 2

That seems a bit harsh, sounds more like something you would do to war criminals. Nasty. I'd beg steal or borrow the 500 personally just to end it quickly.

• Like 3

It really bothers me that they're doing this to force donations...don't care if it's for a good cause and all, it's still extortion. Promoting extortion as being somehow *ok* is a very bad moral message to send to kids IMO.

• Like 7

Apparently it's only between periods and breaks - I would bring ear muffs and spend the lunchbreak at the farthest point from the nearest speaker. I can see the kids now - all huddled with hands over ears in one remote corner of the schoolyard lol.

• Like 4

It really bothers me that they're doing this to force donations...don't care if it's for a good cause and all, it's still extortion. Promoting extortion as being somehow *ok* is a very bad moral message to send to kids IMO.

I agree totally with you, Lilly. Whatever happened to sponsored walks etc? A sponsored silence at home would be a winner. Parents would be donating hand over fist.

• Like 3

I agree completely with Lilly and Eldorado, though I even find sponsored walks a bit silly actually, since walking usually has little to do with what the money is for.

What about a talent show and sell tickets? What about a craft sale or flea market? What about a car wash, bake sale, "Chinese auction" (though I'm sure they call it something else now), sponsored service project, family fun and games day with tickets, raffles for community service, ANYTHING.

People complain about the entitlement issues with kids these days. What does "pay up or we'll keep bugging you" teach them?

DO SOMETHING for the money you want.

• Like 3

I'd rip my ear drums out.

• Like 3

I'd rip my ear drums out.

Someone should rip the Bieber's tonsils out!

• Like 1

Someone should rip the Bieber's tonsils out!

Just take his whole head. Please.

• Like 4

This is like reading out of George Orwell's 1984 novel. Well almost. Instead of the constant presence of Big Brother, it's a giant douche.

• Like 1

Why does this sound like something I would do if I was a principal? I wonder if they give the A and B students earplugs...

• Like 1