Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

I want my abilities back. Help please?

Jilliman

I can't remember a lot of my early childhood, I do remember having predictions and the ability to talk to spirits.

It was normal to me.

Some instances were

1. When I was a little girl I said to my gram I want my train you bought me for Christmas, the one in the closet that's blue.

She had indeed bought me a toy train and it was in the closet and was blue. My grandmother was quite alarmed because not only did she not tell me where it was but she didn't even know the color as the box did not say the color.

2. I had also said to my grandmother, "I miss my sisters, they all died in a fire." I'm an only child. My grandmother was so convinced I was possessed she told my mom her concerns.

3. The day of Dale Earnhardt's death I had dreamt of it the night before. I was very young at the time.

4. I heard a little girl screaming every night at the same time. I wasn't scared. No other kids lived near us but this sound was so normal to me.

5. I astral projected out of my bed and to our spare room when I was little. I remember watching the sunrise from there.

6. I had an imaginary friend named "Wowoke". I do believe he was Native American and had deer or moose antlers. I can't remember for sure.

7. I saw some scary entities at one point. They scared me so much I was screaming and holding on to my mom for dear life. They were peering in the windows at me. This event scared me so much I shut everything off. I don't even remember why it was so scary but I think something was trying to harm me.

I would just really love my abilities back. I had a gift and I want to use it to help people. Any ideas on how to let my barriers down so they can come back?

• Like 1

Hi,

Well if we start with #7, which seems to be a good place, I would suggest this channeled message to begin with.

http://www.kryon.com/k_channel10_berkeleysprings_.html

Changing Your Way of Thinking

The energy around you is changing and it's necessary for you to change your perceptions of what is around you – what is yours to manage and change and how you can actually call upon the creator inside to recreate what you thought was unchangeable. Many will see you as even stranger than they imagined you were, saying that you can manifest seeming miracles, but you are just learning the way things really work.

I hope you are encouraged.

John

• Like 1

Thank you so much! I will definitely look into this when I get a break from my work! :)

Dear Jilliman,

what a "coincidence" that I have found this topic! I am in about the same situation -- as a little girl I was sure I could heal and "magick", which now seems as teleportation and telekinesis to me. It never actually happened, to tell the truth, but each time I failed I was sooooo baffled, because I had no doubt I could do that and more.

And later on I had a similar dream -- a monster sitting above the door leading outside of our house, so I was trapped and scared to death. Even after awakening I did not dare to go and see for almost an hour, until the neighbour came in and told me there was nothing there.

I am fairly acquainted with Kryon, and understand that there are no demons, however, this thing was there, even if it was only a symbol (tell this to a five-year-old sensitive girl :) ) and I am sure it had a meaning. I wonder if we could puzzle out what it was, we could get our inborn packages back?

Have a nice day :)

LaRosey

• Like 1

And later on I had a similar dream -- a monster sitting above the door leading outside of our house, so I was trapped and scared to death. Even after awakening I did not dare to go and see for almost an hour, until the neighbour came in and told me there was nothing there.

I am fairly acquainted with Kryon, and understand that there are no demons, however, this thing was there, even if it was only a symbol (tell this to a five-year-old sensitive girl :) ) and I am sure it had a meaning. I wonder if we could puzzle out what it was, we could get our inborn packages back?

Have a nice day :)

LaRosey

Hello,

There have been times when I have been spiritually guided to 'not think' about specific people. It has been my experience that in some cases my telepathic connection with another will be seen as you and Jilliman have described. Any time we think of a person we establish a telepathic connection to them. The more energetically sensitive among us will experience or can experience(not sure which actually) that connection this way.

Kryon has started to talk about soul communication in its various forms. I hope that at some point telepathy between humans will be discussed. The current views about telepathy leave a lot to be desires as I see these things. It is seen as sending and receiving words from the human brain. I consider it more of a bi-location kind of event were there is a shared experience between one or more people or spirits. That is quite different even if the experience can translate into sequential word groups much of the time.

I understand telepathy to be the core skill for every psychic experience. Kryon tells us that each person's higher self is the conduit for communication. Consider that etheric presence as our Light Body and you have an answer for these experiences being discussed.

If we could encourage our self and our children to think and feel as if God is a loving energy, we may start to look at these things in ways that are not frightening.

John

I like to think of that loving energy as the soup we swim in and the soup that swims in us. I experience telepathy not as an exchange of words, but of ideas & pictures that have meaning, whole thoughts being transmitted instantly before the thought completes itself, and reception occurring the same way. This is how I describe in when teaching, and it seems to work well enough as a description so that people recognize it when it happens. As for "demons" and such, when I was a kid at various times I was pretty sure there was a monster living under my bed, or in the dark corner of my closet, that was going to get me. This is a pretty common childhood experience, thus Monsters Inc and the book Where the Wild Things Are. Childhood can be very scary, and as children we are essentially powerless and unable to articulate our fears, maybe our fears find an outlet by creating a monster under the bed, or some kind of scary thing. That makes more sense to me than evil entities.

I can't remember a lot of my early childhood, I do remember having predictions and the ability to talk to spirits.

It was normal to me.

Some instances were

1. When I was a little girl I said to my gram I want my train you bought me for Christmas, the one in the closet that's blue.

She had indeed bought me a toy train and it was in the closet and was blue. My grandmother was quite alarmed because not only did she not tell me where it was but she didn't even know the color as the box did not say the color.

2. I had also said to my grandmother, "I miss my sisters, they all died in a fire." I'm an only child. My grandmother was so convinced I was possessed she told my mom her concerns.

3. The day of Dale Earnhardt's death I had dreamt of it the night before. I was very young at the time.

4. I heard a little girl screaming every night at the same time. I wasn't scared. No other kids lived near us but this sound was so normal to me.

5. I astral projected out of my bed and to our spare room when I was little. I remember watching the sunrise from there.

6. I had an imaginary friend named "Wowoke". I do believe he was Native American and had deer or moose antlers. I can't remember for sure.

7. I saw some scary entities at one point. They scared me so much I was screaming and holding on to my mom for dear life. They were peering in the windows at me. This event scared me so much I shut everything off. I don't even remember why it was so scary but I think something was trying to harm me.

I would just really love my abilities back. I had a gift and I want to use it to help people. Any ideas on how to let my barriers down so they can come back?

1. Thomas the Train, most famous train out there.

2. TV

3. Important/Famous people die everyday...whats so special about Earnhart? Coincidence otherwise you would have had a dream when much more important people passed.

4. Cats!

5. Known to most as dreaming.

6. Imaginary friend that you are not sure on appearance...ok..

7. Its called Halloween.

• Like 2

Beany,

I think and feel that we can do a lot more to support or help our children than we have been doing. Young children who have not yet embraced limiting beliefs experience a lot more than we can appreciate I suspect.

Now how the parents feel about energies in general will quickly be sensed by any child. If we do nothing more than become aware of that we will be mindful of our own thoughts and feelings. So a trust in benevolence should be encouraged, as I see these things.

John

I think the parents' energy is sensed by children, so it does behoove us to monitor our own thoughts, beliefs, and actions, you're right. I think a trust in benevolence comes with experience and the maturity to look at a problem or issue from more than one perspective, and to process them in way that allows us to learn from them. My three kids are all adults now, and we talk quite freely about this kind of stuff, as they are all sensitives, as are their kids. Modeling is one of the best ways to teach, I think, and I try to do that when I'm with my grandkids, along with providing an explanation for some of their experiences in an age appropriate way. And along with their parents, establishing an open and loving line of communication so that they are OK with sharing their experiences and talking about them. Like all of life, it's a process of learning & growing, we each come to it in our own way, in our own time, as unique to us as we are unique to the world.

I think what's hurtful is when we get into judgments about it, moving in black & white thinking, rigidly defining right & wrong according to our own standards and leaving no room for individuality. That shuts kids down in a New York minute, and adults, too, and makes them fearful, angry, and mistrustful of themselves and their own experiences.

Edited by Beany

I would like to figure out what it was that scared me so badly. At the same time though I wonder if having my powers back is really what I want. I do agree that our god is a loving entity that flows through us all. I've been embracing that concept more and more lately. I do think that when we are children out gifts can be shut down. When people constantly tell you things are not real you are going to make that your reality.

• Like 1

1. Thomas the Train, most famous train out there.

2. TV

3. Important/Famous people die everyday...whats so special about Earnhart? Coincidence otherwise you would have had a dream when much more important people passed.

4. Cats!

5. Known to most as dreaming.

6. Imaginary friend that you are not sure on appearance...ok..

7. Its called Halloween.

I will say for 4 that I've been around cats my whole life and I have never heard a cat scream like that. It was definitely a little girl and believe you me I have witnessed plenty of cat fights on hot summer nights.

You do have some valid points but you're wording was rather insensitive. :/ I just came here for help. :(

Next time you try to debunk something please consider being more polite.

Edited by Jilliman

I would like to figure out what it was that scared me so badly. At the same time though I wonder if having my powers back is really what I want. I do agree that our god is a loving entity that flows through us all. I've been embracing that concept more and more lately. I do think that when we are children out gifts can be shut down. When people constantly tell you things are not real you are going to make that your reality.

You may well have sensed something with an intent to be harmful. It would be a very good reason for being that scared. I still feel that being informed and enabled is the best way to feel safe under any circumstances.

I would also respect and encourage any choice you were inclined to make.

John

Well as of right now I am leaning towards working on gaining the gift back through spiritual enlightenment. I strongly believe that we are loved by this universal consciousness/god/creator and that it's always around us. I have had many dreams of people who've died that I've been close to. My grandfather passed away in January and I've been seeing him in my dreams. I truly feel like these aren't normal dreams and he is sending me messages to my father. I've also been having many dreams with my grandmother who passed away a few years ago and feel like she is trying to connect to me as well.

If I can get my abilities back maybe I can give my father closure on my grandfather and my mother closure on my grandmother. It pains me to see my parents grieving. I just want to help them or anyone else who has suffered a loss know that their loved ones are okay and that they will see them again.

• Like 1

In my view, the path to get the gift(s) back is through conversations with your inner wisdom. Most likely you are a natural medium. If you apply efforts with that belief, it will be easier for you I suspect.

I tend to think that those scary things we see are thought forms we create unconsciously by our own fears & anxieties, or we get scared because it's unexpected & unusual, and kind of spooky, not because the entity itself is scary. But that's from my own experiences, I've never seen anything bad, evil, ill-intentioned, and don't believe spirit would create anything like that.

I think I may try some mediation exercises. The other day I felt like my recently deceased paternal grandfather had a message for my father. Maybe I'll try to convey it to him. My grandfather sat on the porch with my father a lot and what my grandfather was trying to tell me (in a dream in which the dream I knew he was departed and so did he). He told me if my father wanted to speak with him again he only needed to talk to him even on the porch of his house like they used to and he would be listening.

As far as evil entities go my mom's side of the family is superstitious. My mom believes not to mess with my abilities or try to get them back I think because she's scared something bad could get through to me. Maybe it's just her anxieties I'm picking up on. My maternal grandmother heard growling by her bed every night and was very disturbed by it. Now she is rational and very intelligent and it's very rare for her to express her fears over anything really so for her to confide in her best friend and some family members is major. She hung crucifixes and had holy water nearby. She never talked about the experience with me but this is also part of the reason my mom is superstitious.

You want your abilities back. And these are - (i) ability to predict and (ii) ability to talk to spirits. I do not understand why you want to talk to people that are no more. Talking to departed souls will bring only a sense of commotion in your life. You better do some meditations. If we can feel the presence of departed souls or going further, can contact them, then it must be understood that they are restless and we better do something that can give them peace.

Regarding ability to predict, it is good to get it but then it is not so easy to get it. We, by meditating, by kundilini yoga or by some other method can get to a stage where we can sense that something is going to happen and that is enough for us, rather than exactly predicting the event.

You want your abilities back. And these are - (i) ability to predict and (ii) ability to talk to spirits. I do not understand why you want to talk to people that are no more. Talking to departed souls will bring only a sense of commotion in your life. You better do some meditations. If we can feel the presence of departed souls or going further, can contact them, then it must be understood that they are restless and we better do something that can give them peace.

Regarding ability to predict, it is good to get it but then it is not so easy to get it. We, by meditating, by kundilini yoga or by some other method can get to a stage where we can sense that something is going to happen and that is enough for us, rather than exactly predicting the event.

Well, I'm personally not sure if all departed souls are restless. I've felt my cat jump on my bed many times after her death and I feel as though she is just letting me know she is watching out for me. I've also spoke to my pap in my dreams where we both acknowledge he is dead and we talk about how he is and the after life. I don't think he is restless but I do believe he will be watching over my family for a while and my grandmother. I think he is staying for her.

But there are restless spirits and I would like to help give them peace as well as their families. I just feel a calling to do so.

As far as the predicting events go it still happens from time to time normally in dreams. It won't be exactly what the prediction is but pretty close.

Thank you for your time! :)

Superstition and reason together scared away your abilities as it did mine, return to the mindset where you remember performing or living these abilities and they will re manifest...in other words, desensitise your sophistication and look at the world in wonder again.

When I was a teenager a new level of wonder entered my mind and I found my old form again which was lost following what I can only describe as an intentional 'scare tactic' being deployed against me by unseen and unknowns... just as you described your 'scare' experience but in my own way, skull and crossbones being drawn on the window pane in vivid red colour at night...

'The first thought is God, the next is the Devil'...translate that to...

The first thought is Instinct, the next is reason...

Hope it helps...

• Like 2

Hi, I suggest to you to find a good teacher who can help you to learn the things you wish to do.

I did trance channelling and psychic readings for years in a class to learn (cant say I was any good!!) but most of the others did very well with this. (thou we did this in a protected closed circle, I may of thou picked up many entitites by doing that.. I was was full of things I ended up having to get removed from me....nearly possesssed... I had to have about 18 different advanced healers working on me to fix me.. so do take care! Even spiritual church mediums can sometimes have many negative entities around them. I know of a horrific incident in my city around that). Anyway from my experiences I'd think twice before doing mediumship.

A much safer route if you are interested in getting gifts back is the enlightenment path... find a yogi guru or spiritual psychic teacher. There are some good ones about and if you are ready for this you may draw one to you. I guess there are still teachers out there of the yogi school I was studying under, thou my teacher Master Choa Kok Sui is now deceased ..that would be one safe route to go to learn about energy, healing, develop spiritually and get possible gifts back... they teach very advance meditations, kundalini stuff etc (they also teach clairvoyance at the higher levels.. Ive seen someones chakra in its full glory). They have some quite powerful advanced teachers!! Master Choa Kok Sui was an amazing healer (I saw him instantly heal medical issues which were by doctors seen as unfixable). Anyway.. I suggest to search for pranic healing and see if you can find someone who is teaching my teachers teachings.. (Master Choa Kok Sui)

I have never felt any commotion while communicating with those who have crossed over. Most commonly, in my experience, those who have crossed over want to communicate their love, which is very important to those who get that message. Some cultures believes our ancestors are here to help us, guide us, keep us safe, and that it's their greatest joy to be of assistance to us.

@jilliman - gOOdfella has a point and I think he was being succinct rather than rude but that is between you two. The point he was alluding to is that you say over and over again that you were a young and/or very young child and all the things you lament losing, here, are perfectly normal activities in a toddler's life. Also, there is no possibility that you can remember clearly what you saw and knew as a toddler so your mind fills in the blanks and adds to the experience. Again, perfectly normal and fully expected.

Adult eyewitness accounts are usually full of errors, so to think that you can remember clearly what you experienced as a toddler is not being fair to yourself. You sound like a very imaginative youngster who has transitioned into being a very empathetic woman. Don't lament losing some supposed magical ability that never existed and concentrate on your real gifts as a grown person. Study psychology and educate yourself so you can do real good in the world with your given talents, rather than wish for magic that was nothing more than the wonderfully growing mind of a child. Nothing more exhilarating in life than watching your child's mind grow and expand and fill with awe.

• Like 2

My understanding is that most "childhood memories" that we hare as adults are false memories evolved from stories our folks told us.

My understanding is that most "childhood memories" that we hare as adults are false memories evolved from stories our folks told us.

My parents certainly never encouraged the strange stuff I experienced in my childhood. My strange experiences turned my actually against my own families beliefs as I couldnt believe what they did due to my experiences didnt fit with what I was actually taught by my parents. My parents were christian and yet I grew up in a world of spirits/haunting etc

Im in my 40s now but still to this day my father gets angry if I bring up anything which goes against his beliefs eg what I do now .. energy healing etc. I know my childhood memories arent "false memories" as such as my parents to this day still remember the day I went hysterical and couldnt stop crying and screaming... and they were going to take me to hospital to had me seditated.. all over cause a ghost I saw (which made my childhood scary and tormented me.. as an adult I do not think this was purposely done by the spirit but as a child who's parents didnt believe what I saw at times.. this whole situation was very scary to me). I had no mental health issues and a couple of my sisters experienced it too.

I dont expect anyone here to believe me but just sharing this as the false childhood memories for some of us dont explain what we remember from childhood and our parents can support we were actually experiencing something (whether they believed this stuff or not).

Edited by sea-dove

As a child or younger being, all of these instances are open to us.

If you wish to be more perceptive, meditate and study on what you wish to see more, call upon them and I know they'll answer in some discrete way. If in dreams, a random thought, or else, what you seek to see again to come again will show itself.