Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

'Chicken from hell' dinosaur discovery

Waspie_Dwarf

Anzu wyliei: Scientists announce new dinosaur discovery

US scientists have announced the discovery of a new species of dinosaur. Its fossils offer further clues to how the dinosaurs became extinct 66 million years ago.

Anzu wyliei is a strange, bird-like creature that has a bony crest on top of a beaky head and a long tail like a lizard.

The animal was identified from the partial remains of three skeletons collected in North and South Dakota.

arrow3.gifRead more...

• Like 4

What a great find and what a great nickname too.

Could this 'bird-like dinosaur' be one of the species to have survived whatever wiped out the rest of the dinosaurs and have direct descendants roaming around today?

• Like 1

what a cool find.

• Like 1

When I read "chicken from hell" I imagined a large chicken covered in blood holding a knife with it's wing.

• Like 3

When I read "chicken from hell" I imagined a large chicken covered in blood holding a knife with it's wing.

I just imagined a meal at KFC ;)

• Like 5

Wouldn't wanna run into one of them

lol

Maybe it was a harmless, fearful critter. A chicken chicken.

• Like 1

Maybe it's an ancestor to the guinea chicken. They are pretty mean. Farmers use them as te "watchdog" of the barnyard. They are very agressive to people they don't know. They also create one hell of a racket.

Maybe it's an ancestor to the guinea chicken. They are pretty mean. Farmers use them as te "watchdog" of the barnyard. They are very agressive to people they don't know. They also create one hell of a racket.

Knew a man who used guinea's as watch dogs for the gas pump at his store. He would keep a pile of corn right between the two pumps and the guinea's never wandered to far.

lol

Maybe it was a harmless, fearful critter. A chicken chicken.

Lol. Possibly but I have a real life fear of chickens. I know it sounds rediculous lol my aunt used to have a chicken coop on her farm and the rooster chased me when I was 5. Lol

• Like 1

Chicken from Hell? I call that rotisserie. Add sauce of choice and enjoy!

• Like 1

Feed quite a few people; I understand it was the size of a medium size car.

I read the article and maybe I misssed it, but how do they know that this critter had feathers?... Not contesting the idea, just curious...

• 2 months later...

Dinosaur young, at various stages of growth, filled all the ecological niches that different sized mammal species fill today.