Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

The truth about lycans

SubjectDigamma

Tell people that have actually seen them in their headlights that they aren't real.

I've read and spoken to people that were genuinely scared of their experience.

And, I don't misread a person.

• Like 1

Oh they are there. To deny their existence will not make them go away or simply become as "legends", the stuff nightmare and tall tales are made of. Choose to deny them if you will but I am aware they do exist, have for times past, and will continue to do so.

Tell people that have actually seen them in their headlights that they aren't real.

Someone can be badly scared (or not) and misunderstand what they saw.

Seeing something weird =\= werewolf

• Like 3

Appreciate your reply. What I have used to define "lycans", might be more accurately, my error, as native Americans and the notion of 'shape shifting", which I have seen done in one tribe in the mts. of N.C. As far as the notion of seeing the "typical" movie, 'werewolf"type, walking on two legs instead of running on all fours, that I have never seen. I did not make myself as clear as needed. I do apologize.

There are more things in Heaven and on Earth then are dreamt of in all our philosophies.

On that we can all agree.

However, all the new discoveries we've made, everything we've discovered ever in fact, adheres to certain laws of physics and biology (even "extremophile" animals adhere to the rules, they just disprove a theory not the "law" itself). Were-entities OTOH do violate those certain laws.

• Like 1

Some say there is a difference between Lycans and Werewolves

Yes, there is a difference.

Lycans are modern fiction and Werewolves are historical fiction.

• Like 4

And, how do we know this claim is true?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I've seen a barn owl take off at the side of the road while driving at night. Looked about 8 foot tall, pure white and very much like the "white sheet" style ghost of popular storytelling twisting out of the ground. The dark, (and thus) selective lighting and driving at speed can do that to ya. So yes, you're right.

And aye, it would've been an owl, and I expect not a white-sheet-wearing Scooby Doo ghost ;)

• Like 4

There can be a difference between what someone saw and what someone believes they saw. Whilst you are concentrating on the dark road at night driving at a certain speed with your headlights being the only light source it's easy to question something you see.

• Like 3

Touche. :)

• Like 2

I've seen a barn owl take off at the side of the road while driving at night. Looked about 8 foot tall, pure white and very much like the "white sheet" style ghost of popular storytelling twisting out of the ground. The dark, (and thus) selective lighting and driving at speed can do that to ya. So yes, you're right.

And aye, it would've been an owl, and I expect not a white-sheet-wearing Scooby Doo ghost ;)

There can be a difference between what someone saw and what someone believes they saw. Whilst you are concentrating on the dark road at night driving at a certain speed with your headlights being the only light source it's easy to question something you see.

Just wanted to come in to support these two. I can't tell you how many times I've seen something out of the corner of my eye that looked like some kind of monster or seemed larger than it was. I've seen bits of my hair from the side of my face as shadow people, seen moths as fleeting ghosts, birds or regular animals as something much more menacing...you get the point.

When you're scared, your mind will overreact to what you sense and your surroundings. That could explain sightings of many things.

• Like 3

And it's not just limited to being scared :) At night things to tend to appear larger, because of shadows etc, and generally poor lighting. Although one's imagination does have a tendency to be a little more active at night :)

• Like 2