Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Climate Change: 'We're All Sitting Ducks'

Still Waters

Flooding, droughts, heatwaves and wildfires will pose a massive threat to humans in the future as climate change worsens, a major United Nations report has warned.

https://uk.news.yaho...08.html#di46VqB

• Like 1

Simple answer is to pay more Green taxes like we have for the last 10 years.

Problem fixed.

Not really, and been cynical wont fix it either.

Br Cornelius

We will just give the money to you then, I am sure you guys can fix it.

Lets all go back to the dark ages whilst China and India build more coal burning power stations by the week

Rather than argue about what is causing climate change maybe the best way to spend money is in flood defenses and ways to feed people. Or we could just argue for another decade whats causing it?

Edited by skookum

We will just give the money to you then, I am sure you guys can fix it.

Lets all go back to the dark ages whilst China and India build more coal burning power stations by the week

Rather than argue about what is causing climate change maybe the best way to spend money is in flood defenses and ways to feed people. Or we could just argue for another decade whats causing it?

No need, that was established about a decade ago.

There are things that can be done, taxing polluters is one small part - but only if the money goes directly into carbon reducing measures and not the general tax take.

Br Cornelius

There are things that can be done, taxing polluters is one small part - but only if the money goes directly into carbon reducing measures and not the general tax take.

And it's pointless for one country to be doing it when another country isn't doing it. (And yes I know China is trying to reduce pollution, they are still pumping out a very large amount!).

And it's pointless for one country to be doing it when another country isn't doing it. (And yes I know China is trying to reduce pollution, they are still pumping out a very large amount!).

China still has lower per capita emissions than the US/UK/AU/CA/GR etc etc etc. Mostly by a factor of 1/3rd or greater.

Br Cornelius

China still has lower per capita emissions than the US/UK/AU/CA/GR etc etc etc. Mostly by a factor of 1/3rd or greater.

Br Cornelius

Per capita yes, overall though... ;)

• Like 1

Br Cornelius

Have you been to China?

Br Cornelius

And as they get more industrialized that will probably change

• Like 1

The answer seems to be

"As long as they get to be stupid, we get to be stupid too!"

• Like 1

The answer seems to be

"As long as they get to be stupid, we get to be stupid too!"

No, it's more like why should we make sacrifices when everything we do is going to be overshadowed by China. ;)

Yes we are sitting ducks.. As Doug and Br would agree. However the real questions is, will we be shoot?

Most scientists, including me, will say yes.

Indeed, with such ridiculous activities as Fracking been proposed as the answer to both climate change and the energy crisis we certainly seem doomed to fail.

Br Cornerlius

Per capita yes, overall though... ;)

Sorry won't meant to like your post... Anyway

Yes pr capita and so what??? Andora, the ferry islands have a larger CO2 emmision .

China is not to blame, the only person to blame is you and me.

Since we reached the limit of above 400 ppmv I stop careing, there is no return trust me, its our own faults.

Trust me our grand grand children will be looking back and asking why.

Indeed, with such ridiculous activities as Fracking been proposed as the answer to both climate change and the energy crisis we certainly seem doomed to fail.

Br Cornerlius

Haha sorry but that made me laugh big time, who says fracking will solve CC, haven't been in this forum for a while, bare with me. Do people really believe fracking gas is the way? Hahaha sorry but hahahahaha or people referring to the bull•••• the media believes in.

Edited by BFB

, the only person to blame is you and me.

Don't blame me. I do my upmost best to have as little impact as possible... that being said, my little contributions will mean little when the average joe keeps "needing" to have this and that, and other countries continue to industrialize at an increasing rate (maybe we should stop them? i don't know how we could though, without going to war...).

Solve your own problems, solve the problems of your own country and then go on to solve the problems of other countries. If they refuse to take responsibility for their actions - then ban their products and their citizens from your country.

Its a little to late for throwing up your hands and saying you can do nothing - there is plenty of things you can do if you think its important enough to demand our countries as a whole take effective action.

China has a lot of catching up to do before its citizens can be said to be equally or more to blame for the mess we are in - but if it really concerns you that much make certain that your government doesn't accept their dirty products. If that involves breaking down all of the free trade agreements which favour low cost producers - then so be it.

Br Cornelius

Haha sorry but that made me laugh big time, who says fracking will solve CC, haven't been in this forum for a while, bare with me. Do people really believe fracking gas is the way? Hahaha sorry but hahahahaha or people referring to the bull•••• the media believes in.

America has sold the lie that Fracking is a transition fuel to sustainable energy, and is using this lie to push the technology on the rest of the world. Many have bought the notion that Fracking buys us a little more time.

The reality, as I am sure you know, is that due to the many fugitive emissions associated with unconventional fossil fuels, its carbon footprint is equal to coal.

Conventional gas could be a transition fuel - but unconventional gas is in no way comparable.

Br Cornelius

Yes pr capita and so what??? Andora, the ferry islands have a larger CO2 emmision .

Since we reached the limit of above 400 ppmv I stop careing, there is no return trust me, its our own faults.

Damnit man!! confused0050.gif

never-give-up.jpg

:D

• Like 1

Maybe the way things are going there won't be any great,great grandchildren, to look back.Pollution caused by Humans will wipe out Humans in the not far distant future.

Taxing polluters is bs, just cuts it down a little. It needs to work properly and pollution needs to be a thing which entitles to start a war, because it's equal to ABC (atomic-biological-chemical) warfare in long terms. We're waging a war against each others and ourselves through polluting. Why people dont see it that way is because you all taken the attitute it's a normal thing like having an intimate intercourse with a child was a normal thing in ancient Greece. It does NOT make you worse people, it's just an oversight. Cut it out, simple as that. Do it and deal with it. If you dont do it, you dont do it, taxes there are like having a hole in your boat and shoveling the water out with a teacup, the taxes being the teacup. Have fun with that, I'll swim.

Flooding, droughts, heatwaves and wildfires will pose a massive threat to humans in the future as climate change worsens, a major United Nations report has warned.

https://uk.news.yaho...08.html#di46VqB

If it only was a threat to just humans, but it ain't.