Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Canada officially ends Afghan mission today

acidhead

I pray that we follow suit in December. The attempt was valid for a couple of years IMO. Now the Taliban will reassert their control in a matter of months because there is no real will in the population to be free of religious control by others. The irony is they will fight to the death for ages to be free of the "other" flavor of Islam. It's insanity. I am all for laying watse to any training camps that pop up and are identified in the future. We are at war with a suicidal death cult. Winning is not possible in the conventional sense but they can be fought to a draw over time. To walk away and stop striking them where they gather is an invitation to be struck again on our own soil - guaranteed.

quitters.

I hope so! Spending thousands of billions on a group of people who don't care enough to fight for themselves is insane.
  • Like 1

Lest We Forget the Men and Women who fell in this foreign land in the hopes of improving the life of the people who lived there.

We paid a high price and it will be a long time before we see the benefits of this conflict with regard to the Afghan people.

One thing that stuck with me was the children who were happy to see us roll past in our Convoys.

• Like 4

I pray that we follow suit in December. The attempt was valid for a couple of years IMO. Now the Taliban will reassert their control in a matter of months because there is no real will in the population to be free of religious control by others. The irony is they will fight to the death for ages to be free of the "other" flavor of Islam. It's insanity. I am all for laying watse to any training camps that pop up and are identified in the future. We are at war with a suicidal death cult. Winning is not possible in the conventional sense but they can be fought to a draw over time. To walk away and stop striking them where they gather is an invitation to be struck again on our own soil - guaranteed.

I'm not holding my breath.

Lest We Forget the Men and Women who fell in this foreign land in the hopes of improving the life of the people who lived there.

We paid a high price and it will be a long time before we see the benefits of this conflict with regard to the Afghan people.

One thing that stuck with me was the children who were happy to see us roll past in our Convoys.

I apologize for my fececious earlier comment. The men who served in this theater did so, no doubt with honor. While they served with dignity and best intentions do you feel our governments are doing or have done the same?

I apologize for my fececious earlier comment. The men who served in this theater did so, no doubt with honor. While they served with dignity and best intentions do you feel our governments are doing or have done the same?

The Canadian Government is not doing enough to help those it sent to war. The people of Canada know this and hopefully this will change. I may have to send my own application to VAC with regards to an injury I sustained (non-combat) in Afghanistan. It still hurts 4 years later.

The Canadian Government is not doing enough to help those it sent to war. The people of Canada know this and hopefully this will change. I may have to send my own application to VAC with regards to an injury I sustained (non-combat) in Afghanistan. It still hurts 4 years later.

Actually what I meant was the soldiers faithfully did thier part for the people of Iraq and Afghanistan, did the nations which sent soldiers faithfully perform thier part to ensure the future of these countries security after they left. I've seen it argued that they did not, nor was there a well thought out plan to do so. Example, amount of car bombs and church/mosque fires (with people in them) since we left Iraq.

Actually what I meant was the soldiers faithfully did thier part for the people of Iraq and Afghanistan, did the nations which sent soldiers faithfully perform thier part to ensure the future of these countries security after they left. I've seen it argued that they did not, nor was there a well thought out plan to do so. Example, amount of car bombs and church/mosque fires (with people in them) since we left Iraq.

I can not say for Iraq as my nation did not take part. But in Afghanistan we helped improve the pay, and reduce the corruption of the ANA, we also helped the locals by providing medical care, drilled wells, made roads, etc. For the last 3 years we have provided training as best we could to the ANA. I believe we have done all we can to help the Afghan people stand up and fight for themselves.

• Like 2

please, you only improved lives of politicians whose pockets you\we filled with money. i'm sure life did not improved for anyone besides them, tens of thousands civilians killed, they do not even feel safe in their own houses, cuz anytime nato forces can brake down their doors, and enter at will. and the rest are cought between anvil and hammer, they get threats, and get killed by their own, for supporting troops, and those that do not support, nato considers enemy. and what do you think will happen to those that supported nato, after it leaves?? they and their entire family wil be slaughtered in matter of days. it has happened before and it wil happen again.

and your ana will fall apart like house of cards as soon as nato leaves, and taliban will take over. it also has happened before.

please, you only improved lives of politicians whose pockets you\we filled with money. i'm sure life did not improved for anyone besides them, tens of thousands civilians killed, they do not even feel safe in their own houses, cuz anytime nato forces can brake down their doors, and enter at will. and the rest are cought between anvil and hammer, they get threats, and get killed by their own, for supporting troops, and those that do not support, nato considers enemy. and what do you think will happen to those that supported nato, after it leaves?? they and their entire family wil be slaughtered in matter of days. it has happened before and it wil happen again.

and your ana will fall apart like house of cards as soon as nato leaves, and taliban will take over. it also has happened before.

I know what I saw and I saw an improvement in many lives while I was deployed. From kids to Elderly. We helped people.

• Like 3

I know what I saw and I saw an improvement in many lives while I was deployed. From kids to Elderly. We helped people.

I will respect that answer, although I also feel that there is some truth to aztecs opinion, but I doubt if that's much different than before the war.
  • Like 1