Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Possible demonic haunting? (Please read)

xXlucid-dreamXx

I'm afraid that I'm being haunted by a demon.

A few years ago, I tried a Ouija board, and a few weeks after that, paranormal activity occurred. I was watching t.v. late at night when suddenly there were loud heavy boot footsteps upstairs. No one was up there. I jumped up and screamed. When I tried to go to sleep at night, I would hear footsteps close to me or upstairs. My mom was sitting by me while I was on the computer once, and there were light footsteps that walked across the floor. My mom asked me if I heard it, and I said I did, and she said she'd been hearing it and she thought she was crazy. My mom and I also heard growling.

My friend slept over once and we were watching a movie, and out the window we saw a silhouette of a man pacing back and forth. My friend hid under the blanket and I turned the t.v. off.

When we moved into my new house, my friend was sleeping over and I felt a strange presence. I asked him if he felt it and he said he did, and the door suddenly opened. We took a picture and there was this owl-looking shadow with red eyes and huge wings.

I moved in with my dad and started dating someone and the experiences stopped. I thought it was all fine until about a week ago when I started having nightmares. I had a dream that I was possessed and walked downstairs and said hello to my aunt, and then I walked into the den while my grandma and poppy were sitting on the couch, and they said hello and I said, "Rachel's not here.".

My boyfriend and I felt a dark presence and I started hearing voices, and there have also been footsteps, banging, and voices.

A few nights ago, I had a dream that my boyfriend got possessed, and so did a lot of people I care about.

Could this be a possible demonic haunting?

Edited by xXlucid-dreamXx

Whenever you start messing around trying to communicate with the dead, be it with a Ouija board, seance etc it's not going to end well. You open yourself up to demonic forces who would like nothing more than to make your life miserable.

Spiritual forces can't be dealt with in the flesh. My advice would be to visit your local church for advice and prayer from someone experienced.

Welcome Lucid-Dream to UM. :)

You're young and have a fertile imagination, as I once did and that's a good thing.

Oujia boards, even though millions have been sold, have no connection to demons. If it were so, demons would parade the Earth, would they not?

When I was 17 I asked the board, "When will I die?" The good news is that I'm seven years past that.

Wiki says; "Mainstream religions and some occultists have associated use of a Ouija board with the concept of demonic possession, and view the use of the board as a spiritual threat and have cautioned their followers not to use a Ouija board."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ouija

I think that you unfortunately fell for that crap.

• Like 5

Lucid-Dream,

You post a thread like this and you're gone within the hour. You're believability is teetering.

Edit: This type of thread is readily relegated to the "Bored Teen-ager Bin".

Edited by Likely Guy
  • Like 4

Demons do not exist, nor do posessions.

• Like 4

If it is a demon, you need to confront it and command it to leave. It that doesn't work call upon the deity you have faith in to expel the presence. If that doesn't work then I would get a priest.

You don't mess with Ouija boards unless you are prepared to face the consequences.

On the other hand I think you are just having an over active imagination that may have stemmed from the dream and you are psyching yourself out. Your first experience, however may have been something supernatural. My grandmother heard growling at her bed and bought crucifixes and holy water as well as rosary beads. I'm assuming they helped but she never told me the details.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

The first thing that I would suggest is to look at each of these experiences independently and see if they are related to each other because right now the only connection between these events are your perceptions. This doesn't mean anything negative to you or about your situation only that from your perception all of these events seem related.

I'm afraid that I'm being haunted by a demon.

A few years ago, I tried a Ouija board, and a few weeks after that, paranormal activity occurred. I was watching t.v. late at night when suddenly there were loud heavy boot footsteps upstairs. No one was up there. I jumped up and screamed. When I tried to go to sleep at night, I would hear footsteps close to me or upstairs. My mom was sitting by me while I was on the computer once, and there were light footsteps that walked across the floor. My mom asked me if I heard it, and I said I did, and she said she'd been hearing it and she thought she was crazy. My mom and I also heard growling.

Like an earlier poster said Ouija boards have been stigmatized by the media (movies) and some religious faiths but consider this, most are sold at toy stores if Ouija boards are as dangerous as claimed would they still be sold at toy stores?

Hearing footstep like noises especially late at night may have many explanations. The ones you didn't investigate you don't know what caused the noise the ones that happen close to sleep may be because you were closer to sleep than you knew and you were having a hypnagogia episode. http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Hypnagogia

Both you and your Mom hearing noises if neither of you investigated to find the source or if you could repeat it you don't know what caused the noise. This isn't the same thing as saying 'something' didn't happen.

My friend slept over once and we were watching a movie, and out the window we saw a silhouette of a man pacing back and forth. My friend hid under the blanket and I turned the t.v. off.

Could this have been a real person walking around outside your house?

When we moved into my new house, my friend was sleeping over and I felt a strange presence. I asked him if he felt it and he said he did, and the door suddenly opened. We took a picture and there was this owl-looking shadow with red eyes and huge wings.

How did the door open? Sudden gust of wind or did you or your friend open the door? If it was an owl that came in the home I would think that you would notice it or did you snap a photo outside toward the source of the disturbance? There are aspect of this experience that aren't clear.

I moved in with my dad and started dating someone and the experiences stopped. I thought it was all fine until about a week ago when I started having nightmares. I had a dream that I was possessed and walked downstairs and said hello to my aunt, and then I walked into the den while my grandma and poppy were sitting on the couch, and they said hello and I said, "Rachel's not here.".

Having a dream doesn't have anything to do with the paranormal. A dream is the way the mind works out issues or problem solves.

The symbolism of your dream.

To dream that you or someone you know is possessed is that you feel a loss of control about yourself or situations in your life.

My boyfriend and I felt a dark presence and I started hearing voices, and there have also been footsteps, banging, and voices.

A few nights ago, I had a dream that my boyfriend got possessed, and so did a lot of people I care about.

Could this be a possible demonic haunting?

Why is your first thoughts that this is a negative experience? Nothing has indicated harm or caused harm. You've only reported that you've experienced some unusual noises. You've felt a presence that you and your boyfriend have assumed is negative? Why did you assume it was negative because it unnerved you? Encountering something unknown/unexpected will always produce an adrenaline rush but that doesn't automatically mean that it is negative.

Example you go into your kitchen at night and feel that you aren't alone in the kitchen. You flip on the light switch and see a mouse scurry across the floor and dart under the fridge. Does that uneasy feeling mean that the mouse was evil or demonic? No! it just means you had an experience that you didn't expect and your flight or fight response was tripped.

Mabon.

• Like 4

Hit and run or I would have said a lot more.....

• Like 3

Ouija board, pfft!

If these powerfully, destructive demons really did exist they wouldn't need a toy to open the door to your soul.

The OP must have taken my original advice.

That's why she hasn't returned.

She's out collecting stamps.

• Like 3