Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Aliens in ancient Egypt?

I am well aware that a while back they found sites by the pyramids that detailed how the pyramids were built AND the peoples lives who worked on the pyramids including their rate of pay and food they ate. (i am sure someone here knows a link to this, and can post it...

sort of related, from my post on another thread. Note how the AE got buried with their TOOLS, and recorded their works.... but, ah....just never bothered to record any details of the bloody aliens :no:

quote:

"Quite a lot is known about ancient tools thanks to the importance the Egyptians attributed to their use in the next world".

The graves of craftsmen often contained tools or models of tools, and tomb walls were at times decorated with scenes of artisans at work demonstrating their techniques.

And just to make sure that one would not be left without the necessary implements some had lists of tools carved into the walls.

http://www.reshafim.org.il/ad/egypt/trades/tools.htm

eta fixed link

Edited by seeder

NO MORE ANCIENT ALIENS THREADS!!!!!!!!!!

Ancient Aliens FOREVER!! Heeeee-haaaaaaaaaaaaaa

For me the question is, why did they go from building 51 degree angle, (The great pyramids) to a 43 degree angle for every thing else ? I mean after doing 3 of them you would have thought they had them down.

Edited by Forever Cursed

I mean after doing 3 of them you would have thought they had them down.

3? You need to do some revising

There are 138 pyramids discovered in Egypt as of 2008

eta source

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptian_pyramids

Edited by seeder

'Sitchin attributes the creation of the ancient Sumerian culture to the Anunnaki,

which he states was a race of extraterrestrials.... '

I trust this.

Sadly, if one looks at the non-Sitchin research, then they'd see the Anunnaki are actually "underworld beings", not sky gods. they come from the ground, not the sky.

• Like 5

A few thoughts about the Amen, Amun business:

Firstly, there are two types of ancient languages. The first is what we call a "living" language, that being it's still being spoken somewhat informally today (ie not Latin which is only used in some churches). That'll be Hebrew in this situation. The other type is what we call a "dead" language, which is a language that is not spoken outside of dusty academia (Aramaic, Latin...) and in this case that's Egyptian.

Now, with a living language it's dead easy to know how to pronounce something - you ask someone who speaks the language.

With a dead language however - especially something as dead as Egyptian (which, you have to remember was mostly dead by the time the Romans rocked up anyway with everyone being Hellenised by the Ptolmy Dynasty) - you have to make a patchwork best guess on prononciation. Now, it's even harder when Egyptians didn't write in "letters" but rather phonemes (ie the sounds). Amenhotep wasn't written with their versions of an "a" a "m" etc. It was written "ah" "mn" "hh" "to" "ph" (for want of Kmt Sesh to correct me).

Now, you can spell that in English "Amenhotep" "Amunhoteph" "Argmnhughoteiph" and a myriad other ways I could tell you if I didn't leave my phoneme cards at work.

Same for that "Amun" "Amen" chappy. He was "Ah" "Mn" in the records.

Sounds, not letters. They wrote how to say the word in hieroglyphs not now to spell it.

So to say "they said Amen and we say Amen so we must be connected to them!" is somewhat specious. (an on that point, has anyone ever spelt out their name phonetically? I did it with my class the other day. Looked nothing like how it's spelt).

Secondly, there aren't that many sounds the human vocal cord can make (don't ask me exactly how many I've forgotten if I knew how many). That's how we can teach phonemic skills to children it's relatively easy (the pack of phoneme cards I have for the younger kids is about 50 cards, I don't know if there are more for older classes). So eventually we're going to have a number of words that sound exactly the same. In fact, we have so many of them there's a special classification of word for them - homonyms.

Their, They're There for example.

Where and Wear.

So on and so forth (or is it fourth?)

So once again, I have to warn against the fallacy of saying "they sound the same, they must be the same word".

Sorry Fluxed.

One of the most important objects in ancient Egypt was the 'winged disk'.

A flying disk, right?

One of the most important objects in ancient Egypt was the 'winged disk'.

I have a keen interest in the "winged disc", commonly known as Aten, the Sun Disc

Thutmose III was alive and well about a century before Akhenaten introduced "The Sun Disc" to Egyptian religion.

Whether it is associated with things in the sky (other than the sun) is a matter of debate.

About 100 years after The Sun Disc was introduced to Egyptian society, the Egyptians personified it by naming it Aten, the sun disc.

Akhenaten had placed the sun disc to be above all other Egyptian gods, and some think, Akhenaten eliminated all other gods.

Either way, The Sun Disc, a supposed inanimate object, originally, was placed with more improtance than all other gods.

that speaks volumes. what could that disc ever be? what did it do?

did it provide transport to some *other* sun, as some people speculate?

it's all interesting

for the winged disc/disk there are links to sites that explain it, and it doesnt really have anything to do with space travel as in ancient aliens.

http://www.egyptartsite.com/symlst.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Winged_sun

http://www.touregypt.net/legendofhorusofbehutet.htm

i enjoy reading such things and watching documentaries

anyways, i think most pple are aware now it is not ancient aliens, so until i can come up with a dr seuss type poem on 'no more ancient aliens threads', i doubt i will be posting anymore on this particular thread.

enjoy

Sadly, if one looks at the non-Sitchin research, then they'd see the Anunnaki are actually "underworld beings", not sky gods. they come from the ground, not the sky.

huh??

Anunnaki translates to, "Those who descended from the sky". Or is that only according to Sitchin?

be pretty hard to screw that up.

huh??

Anunnaki translates to, "Those who descended from the sky". Or is that only according to Sitchin?

"Michael Heiser: “You’ll often read, especially in the writings of Zecharia Sitchin, that the annunaki means something like ‘they who from heaven came’ or some other description that makes them sound like aliens or extra-terrestrials. There isn’t a source on the planet by any Sumerian scholar that would agree with that definition. It’s not a difficult term. I personally don’t think that Sitchin knew Sumerian at all because if you’re going to get a term associated with a very group of important deities wrong, I have to wonder what else you’re going to get wrong.”

http://ancientaliensdebunked.com/references-and-transcripts/anunnaki/

• Like 1

I'd usually attribute a flying disk to the Sun or the Moon. Or maybe that's just you?

Bumpety bump.

Edited by Likely Guy

huh??

I've seen it said more then once in Sitchin's is Wrong threads here that the vaunted "sky Gods" were actually "Earth Gods".

maybe i missed something, so i looked it up, not sure where Sitchin gets HIS translation of annunaki but according to wikipedia (and yes, i take it as fact on this, at bottom of page they offer other links/sources, plus i have heard this in documentaries by real archeologist.. not wannabes.

The Anunnaki (also transcribed as: Anunaki, Anunna, Anunnaku, Ananaki and other variations) are a group of deities in ancient Mesopotamian cultures (i.e. Sumerian, Akkadian, Assyrian, and Babylonian). The name is variously written "da-nuna", "da-nuna-ke4-ne", or "da-nun-na", meaning something to the effect of "those of royal blood"[1] or "princely offspring".[2] According to The Oxford Companion to World Mythology, the Anunnaki "are the Sumerian deities of the old primordial line; they are chthonic deities of fertility, associated eventually with the underworld, where they became judges. They take their name from the old sky god An (Anu).[3]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anunnaki

not sure how 'those of royal blood' or princely offspring became something like sky gods or earth gods.

well, yea i do.. Sitchin.

Anyways, i should not have posted this, but alas... i allowed my daughter who is in her late 20's to read all these posts and she was like 'rolls eyes.. PULEEEEEESE!!!!!!!!!!!! Then went into a 'know it all tone' of reminding me of what she knew anunnaki to mean, so I looked it up and promised her I would post it.

she is a funny child, and yes, a know it all type person, but hey! I raised her, so tis all my fault!

• Like 3

I have a keen interest in the "winged disc", commonly known as Aten, the Sun Disc

Thutmose III was alive and well about a century before Akhenaten introduced "The Sun Disc" to Egyptian religion.

Whether it is associated with things in the sky (other than the sun) is a matter of debate.

About 100 years after The Sun Disc was introduced to Egyptian society, the Egyptians personified it by naming it Aten, the sun disc.

Akhenaten had placed the sun disc to be above all other Egyptian gods, and some think, Akhenaten eliminated all other gods.

Either way, The Sun Disc, a supposed inanimate object, originally, was placed with more improtance than all other gods.

that speaks volumes. what could that disc ever be? what did it do?

did it provide transport to some *other* sun, as some people speculate?

it's all interesting

The Aten, sun-disc, predates the reign of Akhenaten by several hundred years as it is mentioned in The Story of Sinhue c.1800 BC and originally started out as being as aspect of the god Re. Only during the reign of Akhetaten did he promote the Aten as a deity in its own right separate from Re and attempt to eliminate the worship of any deity other than Aten.

cormac

You seem to enjoy degrading other peoples threads.

I notice, like a bunch, you move from the thread you disrupted

to this one, after causing it to close.

Do you not have any shame?

That thread was a disruption of logic once you went off-kilter and all crazy-like.

My post in here was completely accurate. As in "history is about to repeat itself".

And, it has.

• Like 1

'Sitchin attributes the creation of the ancient Sumerian culture to the Anunnaki,

which he states was a race of extraterrestrials.... '

I trust this.

As evidenced by the Egyptian monuments, ancient Egypt was the headquarters

of these aliens. Leading to the advances in technology.

You may wish to find another page to link to for the Anunnaki. According to the link you supplied:

According to The Oxford Companion to World Mythology, the Anunnaki "are the Sumerian deities of the old primordial line; they are chthonic deities of fertility, associated eventually with the underworld, where they became judges.

Unless extraterrestrial (dictionary.com definition outside, or originating outside, the limits of the earth.) somehow means from underground then the Anunnaki wouldn't be extraterrestrials.

• Like 2

These aliens spent many years as teachers [ Thoth] , teaching the pharaoh

how to read and write.

Also teaching the pharaohs agriculture and ploughing and how to use many other

new technologies.[mining]

Mining

The oldest known mine on archaeological record is the "Lion Cave" in Swaziland, which radiocarbon dating shows to be about 43,000 years old.
That's nearly 40,000 years before the first pharaoh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_mining#History

Agriculture was developed nearly 7000 years before the first Pharaoh http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_agriculture

Hand held hoes, the first types of plows developed about the same time as agriculture. True plows developed about 2800 years before the first pharaoh. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plough

• Like 1

Unless extraterrestrial (dictionary.com definition outside, or originating outside, the limits of the earth.) somehow means from underground then the Anunnaki wouldn't be extraterrestrials.

Yay. Now he can add the Hollow Earth to his 'theory'.

'Another example of the mass-scale production of tools and grain collection

can be found as far north as the Wadi Kubbaniya archaeological site

near Aswan in southern Egypt (17,000-15,000 BC), which also suggests

an early origin of agriculture...'

...archaeologists have located the oldest known evidence of ceremonial

burials (13,700 BC), a tradition which continued through Dynastic Kemet

and even to today, and among the world's oldest pottery sheards.

Because roughly 40% of the human remains exhibit signs of apparently

fatal wounds, it is widely considered to be the oldest known example of

human warfare. At the nearby Toshka Cemetery (13,000 BC), the human

remains were buried in the fetal position as commonly found across Africa,

and we find the oldest evidence of cattle worship, representing an early

link to Dynastic Kemet's cow deity, Hathor...'

http://www.taneter.org/nile.html

You would be doing yourself a favour, reading this website seeder.

I made the text larger so it would be easier to read.

If you look at the bold time frames, your own post indicates that these things were known thousands of years before the first pharaoh so invalidates that it was taught to the pharaohs by aliens. There was no need to teach them anythin that was well nown for so long in advance.

• Like 2

I made the text larger so it would be easier to read.

If you look at the bold time frames, your own post indicates that these things were known thousands of years before the first pharaoh so invalidates that it was taught to the pharaohs by aliens. There was no need to teach them anythin that was well nown for so long in advance.

Maybe the pharaohs were just that dumb?

Wow. You really don't have the slightest concept of how evolution works, do you?

Like you do.... Or others.... It's all suppositions and undiscovered and unproved assumptions. If you really think your ancestors were cimps... Be my guess!

Edited by qxcontinuum

So that puts the math at about a Long,Long time ago Before Pharaoh ,the hoes were cutting up the planet,With or with Out Alien intervention ! :alien::no:

Like you do.... Or others.... It's all suppositions and undiscovered and unproved assumptions.

I do, actually. As do several others on this site.

You are the one making erroneous assumptions.

Evolution is THE most and tested and proven scientific theory we have. Well, next to gravity, I suppose.

You have already shown an unwillingness to learn or even view the evidence that supports evolution, so I will not waste my time presenting it to you nor dealing with you.

• Like 3

Proven by what and how. Point me exactly to the scientific genetic researches clearly indicating the evolution steps from monkey to human. Recently there were British scientists claiming we are a hybrid between pigs and monkeys... What can i say to that? Should i swallow it because researchers say so ? Don't you really see we live in age of stupid where everyone can prove and find claims on every bit of craziness? Even more they can find supporters....

Edited by qxcontinuum

The fact is we have a man owning up to the first written language

and he was Thoth. This holds more substance than any story from the

religious books - it is recorded again and again - some of the oldest

records in the world.

The invention of writing did occur 3200 BCE (about the time of the first pharaoh), but it wasn't in Egypt but Sumer (which was located on the shores of the Persian Gulf) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_writing

All later languages were inspired by the hieroglyphics of Thoth.

Was Thoth of ancient Sumer? Did he write in Cuneiform?

If the answer to both is no then it wasn't Thoth

Written language is solid evidence.

Written language is evidence of written language but not evidence of aliens teaching writing to anyone one Earth.

That drilling technology was beyond that of today, is solid evidence.

That it was beyond what we can do today is unevidenced so can not be used as evidence itself of aliens.

There is plenty of evidence if one takes the time to study it.

If there were evidence it would be studied, but we are still waiting for the evidence.

[quote name=fluxed''...the blocks at Stonehenge. The biggest weighs about

eighteen tons...''

The London Obelisk of Thumose III, weighs one hundred

and eighty-six tons, and therefore is about ten times

the weight of Stonehenge’s largest block.

It is therefore by far the largest stone in England.

..two huge sphinxes have lately been placed on the

Thames embankment, one on each side of this obelisk..'

http://www.gutenberg...5-h/37785-h.htm

The advances of the Egyptians make our stones look like babies.

Coral Castle http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coral_Castle All the stones, including the largest that weighs 27 tons, were put in place by one man, no aliens needed.