Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

World's fastest lifts (elevators) to be built

Still Waters

Engineering firm Hitachi is developing the world's fastest lifts, which will travel at speeds of up to 45mph.

The two lifts will be placed in a skyscraper in Guangzhou, China, when it opens in 2016.

They will travel to a height of 440 metres, from the 1st to 95th floor of the building, in approximately 43 seconds.

http://www.telegraph...p-to-45mph.html

THRILL SEEKERS BEWARE:

no need to go to a theme park then, think of the rush in this 0.567889???? G force elevators 1 to 440 meters in 43 secs

Probably feel like the old parachute ride.

I have used the current fastest elevator inside Taipei 101, going about 60 km/h or 38 mp/h, and it does indeed feel a little like a roller coaster ride (that tingly sensation in your stomach). And I had to pop my ears.

I bet 50 years from now half the internet will be in Chinese, it will be side by side with English being an international language and the US will be a superpower... in their dreams. Looking at all the nations it likes to enrage upon itself, one day North Korea, Iran and some other countries the US p***sed off like Japan will form a nuclear alliance supported by Afghan and Iraqi terrorist groups. Maybe the Chinese will join too to kill off a large chunk of the competition on the world market. Not that the US has been anything like a competition to China for the past couple of decades...

Wasn't meant to be an anti-US post but I remember learning about China 15 years ago as "the waking giant". I even had a pen pal, an English gentleman, who said it would be a good idea to learn Chinese. And look where they are now... The best tech in the world, all in the Far East. China, Japan, Korea. Japan, having a more stable economy than the US, puts it to shame. But then again, even Germany's economy is more robust than the US's. Not larger, but stronger. US ought to do much better and set an example. Doing c***-ups like they did about 5 years ago, and pulling the world with them. Except most of Eastern Europe of course, being self-sustaining and not dependent on the US in any way. Guess they haven't got what it takes. Time to grow up maybe? And then they'll have tech like this baby in Canton.

Edited by Rolci

If something goes wrong there will be a few more UFO sightings in china. Willy Wonka type sightings.

• Like 4

I have used the current fastest elevator inside Taipei 101, going about 60 km/h or 38 mp/h, and it does indeed feel a little like a roller coaster ride (that tingly sensation in your stomach). And I had to pop my ears.

I wanna ride.

I can see it now. "Come to [enter Amusement Park name here] and try our new elevator ride. We take you 15 floors up and down at 45 mph in a matter of seconds."

• Like 1