Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Women May Get Right To Fight On Front Line

Still Waters

I had my suspicions, and now it's confirmed. This is the reason females should not be allowed in the military.

For such a tiny force that Canada has; "In a report after a months-long investigation, L’actualité claims that five people in the Canadian military community are sexually assaulted every day."

"According to statistics obtained through access to information law, the scathing L’actualité report says military police have received between 134 and 201 complaints of sexual assaults every year since 2000. That averages out to 178 complaints per year. The article says experts agree that hundreds of other cases are ignored. Given that fewer than one in 10 sexual assaults are disclosed to authorities, as estimated by Statistics Canada, that adds up to 1,780 incidents a year in the military, the article concludes, or five per day."

Yeaaaa I am kinda curious how there is an epidemic like that yet no one I know (including a lot of women) have hear of it?

Is the concept of "necessity" any part of this equation? In guerilla armies/forces of national liberation, women have often been allowed to participate in frontline combat on a 'regular' basis (for irregular armies). At least part of the reason for that is necessity of humanpower in order to fight adequately.

In the US much is being said about the all-volunteer army not being adequate for future warmaking; or at least for being unequal in regards to allowed roles for women. Could it be that the insistence on wider participation by women is part of the bigger issue of needing more warm bodies?

Yeaaaa I am kinda curious how there is an epidemic like that yet no one I know (including a lot of women) have hear of it?

There's a difference between anecdotal evidence and statistics.

Edited by redhen

Is the concept of "necessity" any part of this equation?

I don't believe it is. If they were that desperate for warm bodies they would reinstate the draft. This is pure political correctness.

• Like 2

Works for the Canadian Army. We have all trades open to women. Enlisted or with a Queen's Commission.

Do they fight in the front lines? Keep PC out of the military.

• Like 1

Do they fight in the front lines? Keep PC out of the military.

Yes they do. And it is not PC it's 'If they can do te job let them'

I just submitted a review using Stats Canada numbers that works out to 5 sexual assaults every dam day.

As for letting them "do their job", let's see a female do a 3 day forced march with no food, humping 100 pounds of kit.

How many female firefighters have you seen ?

Society legitimately discriminates all the time based on age, sex and other criteria. Or should we let 10 year old's drive motor vehicles just because they can?

I just submitted a review using Stats Canada numbers that works out to 5 sexual assaults every dam day.

As for letting them "do their job", let's see a female do a 3 day forced march with no food, humping 100 pounds of kit.

How many female firefighters have you seen ?

Society legitimately discriminates all the time based on age, sex and other criteria. Or should we let 10 year old's drive motor vehicles just because they can?

Not many, I have seen about two. But I grew up and live in rural areas. And firefighting is not my experience, Soldiering is.

Having read the report, the figure is made up.There is no actual statistics that show that there are 5 sexual assaults a day in the Canadian Forces. Not saying it doesn't happen, because it does. But the People I know, chains of command I know, and soldiers I know (which are a lot more then you know) would not stand for this kind of misconduct.

I am not going to say that there are not jokes that out in public would not be well received. I have been the butt of many myself, having been attached to an Infantry Platoon overseas. But that is the nature of our job, we need humour and in many cases it is crude, but is not targeted as offence but as acceptance.

• Like 1

Not many, I have seen about two. But I grew up and live in rural areas. And firefighting is not my experience, Soldiering is.

Having read the report, the figure is made up.There is no actual statistics that show that there are 5 sexual assaults a day in the Canadian Forces. Not saying it doesn't happen, because it does....

I fought wild fires for eight years, a third of the crew were women.

And as far as 'reports' go, one just came out the other day that 1 in 3 Canadians were abused as children. Yeeeah, right!

• Like 1

They fight in the front lines during battles in wars? I assume that started at some time after World War II. You learn something new every day. As for your last point, you and I are on the same page. All kinds of jobs, from police to firefighters to paramedics to military, should be based on ability instead of gender. My point is that I'm vehemently opposed to gender quotas and double standards. I label *that* as PC. For instance both female and male firefighters should meet the same strength requirements. One female firefighter blew the whistle on the practice of letting weak women become firefighters, a practice that put lives and home at risk. This is what I label as PC. I fully support *real* equal opportunity in which all things are based on merit, not labels. That said, I defer to military experts on the real affect of women fighting in the front lines during combat situations.

• Like 1