Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

GOP presidential race wide open

questionmark

The 2016 Republican presidential nominating battle is shaping up as the most wide-open in a generation, with a new Washington Post-ABC News poll showing five prospective candidates within four percentage points of one another at the top and a half-dozen more in the mix.

The picture is very different on the Democratic side, where former secretary of state Hillary Rodham Clinton is the clear front-runner. In a hypothetical matchup, Clinton leads former Florida governor Jeb Bush — seen by many GOP establishment figures as the party’s strongest general-election candidate — 53 percent to 41 percent.

Clinton’s commanding position is fueled by large leads over Bush with female, non-white and young voters. The poll found that neither Clinton nor Bush appears to be weighed down by a dynastic family name. Sixty-six percent of all Americans say they view the Clinton family favorably, while 54 percent have a favorable opinion of the Bushes.

Read more

If the Repubs put another Bush on the ticket then they are TRYING to lose.

Sure, he will get some die hard Repubs that will vote for whoever they put on the ballot but they will lose a whole section of Repubs and most independents.

Hillary has strong support as much as I disagree with her positions on most things...she will win if the Repubs or a third party do not put up a very strong candidate. Sad but true.

The Repubs need to get their head out of the sand...people are still kinda p!ssed off about the to unfunded wars his brother started. The name "Bush" should be as attractive to them as a dose of radiation...guess we will see if they want to win or want to lose...again.

• Like 1

The problem is that they have been dismembering and sabotaging anybody who had a fair chance by squabbling over battles they could not win. At the end the best they have to run is Jeb Bush.

And that is pretty sad.

Guess we will have another roundup of Ghost Train Brake (Wo)Men like in '12.

If the Repubs put another Bush on the ticket then they are TRYING to lose.

Sure, he will get some die hard Repubs that will vote for whoever they put on the ballot but they will lose a whole section of Repubs and most independents.

Hillary has strong support as much as I disagree with her positions on most things...she will win if the Repubs or a third party do not put up a very strong candidate. Sad but true.

The Repubs need to get their head out of the sand...people are still kinda p!ssed off about the to unfunded wars his brother started. The name "Bush" should be as attractive to them as a dose of radiation...guess we will see if they want to win or want to lose...again.

The country has slipped so far left now that I think the republicans have won their last presidency - at least as a conservative party. The Libertarians aren't strong enough yet and most of them probably were conservative first so that weakens the republican base even more. It looks like Hillary will get what she always wanted. I wonder what fantasies she'll spin to explain spending money that isn't there?
  • Like 1

Can't say who the front runner will be, it's far too early. I do think the GOP is suicidal if they keep pushing amnesty for illegals. In one poll I saw several weeks ago it held about a 3% interest with voters when asked what issues were important to them. And by suicidal, I mean they will guarantee a whole new Democrat voting block and at a time when American citizens are having trouble finding work, some 10 to 20 million people will potentially be added to the work force. How about waiting until AFTER the midterms to take this up, it's not like it has to be solved tomorrow, but then the GOP always seems to be able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

• Like 2

My prediction is that the Gop nomination is either going to be Rand Paul or Jeb Bush, possibly even Paul Ryan

My prediction is that the Gop nomination is either going to be Rand Paul or Jeb Bush, possibly even Paul Ryan

I could prob get behind Rand Paul...the problem is the "cronies" will tear his throat out publicly to get "their" guy nominated...and the damage will be done. If the Repubs run Jeb or Ryan...they have assured a loss.

I hope the Libertarians put Gary Johnson up again, he got a little, tiny, bit of exposure last election and that is better than nothing...at least his name will not be totally unknown. I'm afraid if they pick a new candidate, they will be starting over from square one again.

Jeb Bush v Hillary Clinton? You've gotta be kidding me.

I'll vote for Ralph Nader or Cynthia McKinney or Chuck Baldwin or anyone to avoid participating in yet another turd v douche presidential election. Not to say there aren't moneyed interests in all of these candidates because there are. It's embarrassing though that all the big money can come up with is more bologna and hot dogs.

• Like 4

I could prob get behind Rand Paul...the problem is the "cronies" will tear his throat out publicly to get "their" guy nominated...and the damage will be done. If the Repubs run Jeb or Ryan...they have assured a loss.

I hope the Libertarians put Gary Johnson up again, he got a little, tiny, bit of exposure last election and that is better than nothing...at least his name will not be totally unknown. I'm afraid if they pick a new candidate, they will be starting over from square one again.

I haft to admit, even though I'm not a Libertarian, I really like that guy, always did. I hope he does get back in again. It would be interesting see if he got a hellvua lot more votes this time.

• Like 1

I don't see where or how it matters which one of those win. Washington insider v republican backslider. if it wasn't for Obamacare I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between George Bushs last three years and Obamas terms.

so I figure who ever gets in will continue the downward spiral.

• Like 3

Just another sign of the times we live in.A little under 250 years after our founding fathers fought a war for our independence,we the people start voting for dynastic rulers to lead the way! :td:

• Like 2

With the deaths of Benghazi pretty obviously a result of Ms Clinton's neglect and arrogance, I really don't see how the American people could in good conscience elect her to anything.

• Like 2

Most of the people here in the states do not use good conscience when they vote frank,i myself would not vote for either one of these bums.Many though will for better or worse because as long as the other party doesnt win they will be happy :tsu:

It better be a wide open field, because i can tell you this: I will NOT be voting for ANYONE from Harvard of Yale. That is my party, Avoiding Harvard or Yale condidates.

• Like 1

It better be a wide open field, because i can tell you this: I will NOT be voting for ANYONE from Harvard of Yale. That is my party, Avoiding Harvard or Yale condidates.

Rand Paul graduated from Duke University of Medicine.

Soo if your looking for someone to vote for in the primary cough cough. :innocent:

Edited by spartan max2
  • Like 1

Clinton vs Bush... Good god! Are these people royalty? 150 million or so adults in this country and only 2 families to choose candidates from. Everybody can relax if Hillary wins. Opposers won't be racists anymore. We'll just be sexists. These people need to disappear. Their egos are phenomenal. Do they, especially Hillary, really believe they have the best characteristics to lead this country or are they on an obsessive quest for power a-la Frank Underwood of House of Cards? Where does such hubris come from?

I hope if this awful time comes that the media will cut her to size and bring her to tears. She's a horrible person and deserves nothing less than humiliation and condemnation. As for Jeb, I know little about him. I can be sure that nothing new is in store. He'll bring along a big establishment policy. I'm sure of that.

Edited by F3SS
  • Like 4

With the deaths of Benghazi pretty obviously a result of Ms Clinton's neglect and arrogance, I really don't see how the American people could in good conscience elect her to anything.

Because electing a woman in the name of 'progress' will supersede all sensibility. You'll see. Sexism will be the catch word of the time much the same as racism has been since 2008.

• Like 3

Because electing a woman in the name of 'progress' will supersede all sensibility. You'll see. Sexism will be the catch word of the time much the same as racism has been since 2008.

Allow me...you misogynist!

Allow me...you misogynist!

Why thank you, I resemble that remark! ;)

• Like 3

I think it is more of an issue of people voting for their "team" over the candidate themselves.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

America is in huge trouble if hill gets in ,, Obama now next Hillary sad times ahead

Same as the last election: Stalin vs Hitler

Or as South Park so eloquently displayed it..."a giant d0uche versus a terd sandwich" (intentional mispells to avoid ridiculous censorship)

• Like 1

I've been on boards where the ridiculous censorship of obscenities is not practiced and they become unpleasant places very quickly. I doubt though the words you had in mind would cause a problem.

• Like 1