Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pope Francis says he would baptise aliens

UM-Bot

The Pope has stated that the doors of the church are open to everyone - including extraterrestrials.

Pope Frances made the comments, in which he covered the themes of acceptance and inclusion, following a scripture reading yesterday.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-baptise-aliens

• Like 4

I genuinely think I'm in love with this man

• Like 5

Now, if only he'd excommunicate the paedo-priests.

• Like 7

I do hope this doesn't mean they are going to send the Franciscans out all over the galaxy making the messes they made in Asia.

• Like 5

Mount Graham Observatory has been busy as of late.

( google it with the vatican )

So if the Pope is acknowledging the potential existancce of E.T.'s, doesn't this go against everything the Catholic Church as touted previously, that we are the only God's children around?

Not going to lie. the entire religion thing doesn't float my fancy but seeing this gave me hope that different deity worshipping individuals.Such as this man, can have an open mindset (to a degree) about the universe

• Like 2

And if they dont convert does this mean war??

That tended to be the case in the past if the heathens were militarily weak enough.

Not going to lie. the entire religion thing doesn't float my fancy but seeing this gave me hope that different deity worshipping individuals.Such as this man, can have an open mindset (to a degree) about the universe

You are hopeful: this is good and everyone should at first be given benefit of the doubt.
  • Like 1

The Pope has stated that the doors of the church are open to everyone - including extraterrestrials.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...-baptise-aliens

I've been taken in by his statements being misappropriated before, so I will say only that I do believe he would see it that way. He is all about the heart and acceptance of where an individual is on their life journey and why. I am very pleased with this Pope and his consistent concern with true christian values, even berrating and advising the clergy that their first calling is to love others - the dogma is still there for those who are ready to hear it, only if and when they are ready, but the acceptance of an individual's right to self determination is finally being understood as the great gift to mankind it is, first and foremost.

• Like 4

I'm sure we have a lot to teach space-faring aliens about the Creator of the Universe.

• Like 2

I'm sure we have a lot to teach space-faring aliens about the Creator of the Universe.

I would be very interested in what they have to say on the matter too, if they have an account of a Creator in their culture at all that is.

With dwindling numbers, He would probably baptize a tree if it brought in $$$$$.

• Like 3

With dwindling numbers, He would probably baptize a tree if it brought in $$$$$.

Considering Pope Frances is all about love and poverty (he doesn't even live in the papal palace), that was a pretty crude statement.

• Like 3

Pope Frances made the comments, in which he covered the themes of acceptance and inclusion, following a scripture reading yesterday.

Except, of course, if they were gay aliens.

• Like 7

"It's not a catechism, it's a cookbook!" (with apologies to Rod Serling and Pope Francis).

• Like 5

I think being inclusive is great and I don't think excluding extra terrestrials would be good if it were actually pertenant. In my view it woyld have been better to stick to discussing human inclusion. That would make his motivations seem more sincere..

• Like 1

would someone please dunk bigfoot into the holy water

• Like 1

I'm not Catholic so the opinions of this pope don't affect my life but I have to say that this man is unlike any of his 3 predecessors. He seems to be so all inclusive and willing to bend even core doctrine that he makes being a Christian almost irrelevant. He seems to be above all an ecumenical pastor and while that sounds warm and loving from a humanistic stance it goes directly against scripture about the way to salvation. There is but one name by which we are saved - I think he presumes too much when he discards those words.

He IS thoroughly modern and I have no doubt he is absolutely sincere in his love for all.

The talk of aliens seems to be just another "let's all get along" message. I personally think the "powerful delusion" the bible tells of will be an "alien" visitation. Most of humanity would accept it without question - even if these being said they were "god".

• Like 3

I'm not Catholic so the opinions of this pope don't affect my life but I have to say that this man is unlike any of his 3 predecessors. He seems to be so all inclusive and willing to bend even core doctrine that he makes being a Christian almost irrelevant. He seems to be above all an ecumenical pastor and while that sounds warm and loving from a humanistic stance it goes directly against scripture about the way to salvation. There is but one name by which we are saved - I think he presumes too much when he discards those words.

He IS thoroughly modern and I have no doubt he is absolutely sincere in his love for all.

The talk of aliens seems to be just another "let's all get along" message. I personally think the "powerful delusion" the bible tells of will be an "alien" visitation. Most of humanity would accept it without question - even if these being said they were "god".

I noticed that as well. His actions so far clearly express a will to do things differently, to change drastically how the catholic church (which has been plagued by scandals in the past) is perceived. After all, it's no less than the very survival of Roman catholic's institutions, in constant decline in developped countries that is at stake. Time will tell if this will have a lasting effect.

At any rate, I think this kind of rethoric on extraterrestrials, while portaining to values of inclusion, is probably meant to show a ''modern'' side of the Vatican. That the catholic church is open to some sort of Alien contact which again contrast with some positions they have taken in the past, perhaps too conservative and narrow, at odd with the population more science-driven.

Edited by sam_comm

The problem with this feel good heresy being spewed forth by his unholiness the false prophet, is that according to his own church's dogma Christ died on the cross to redeem the seed of Adam, correct? To baptize someone not of the seed is blasphemy against God. Sorry I didn't make the rules. None of this really matters of course as common sense will tell anyone who examines facts and the law of physics as we currently understand them there will be no ET's visiting us here on Adam's planet.