Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Black eyed creature

tinitus

Hello, I've decided to post about this, in case that any of you could help with an advice, or any information. It's about this thing that keeps happening in one room of our house. Since our family consists of mainly skeptic people, this thing becomes even more weird and hard to understand for every one of us. I remember it like this -I'm around seven years old, sleeping in my cousin's room, I wake up in the night and panic when I see a creature standing by the bed, big black eyes staring directly at me, with big and messy hair. Barely one second passes and it's completely gone. I almost forgot about it through the years. Then there's a family meeting, all cousins and grandparents, and my cousin starts talking about this "creature" that he has seen as a child behind the window. I shared my story with him and got all excited , then asked him to draw it as he remembers it and so did I - I know this sounds abit likebull**** but the drawings were pretty much alike. He claims that he dreamt about the creature - that it wanted to get inside through window, he woke up all scared and then he has seen it for about one second in the window. After two weeks we met with my cousin's brother, who told us about his childhood nightmares he had while sleeping in that room, he feared the window, knowing that something bad with black eyes is waiting for him in there. Before my cousins were sleeping in that room, it was the bedroom of their parents. My mother told us, that uncle once woke up to something standing beside the bed, huge dark eyes staring at him, long hair. We were discussing this with cousins for some time, but can't come to any conclusion. For some reason, we don't think about the creature as a ghost, but rather an alien (maybe because of the eyes). I'm adding a quick sketch of what we agreed it looked like. Any idea what it could be, and why? Thank you.

441405100000.jpg

Edited by tinitus

It's the Grudge meets Communion.

• Like 1

Maybe another manifestation of the Old Hag?

From what I know Old Hag refers to sleep paralysis? That wouldn't really fit, I have experienced several of sp and I would remember that feeling. My cousin was also able to move and everything, even if it would be some kind of sp it still doesn't make sense why do we all see the same.

Edited by tinitus

You are not the only one with this type of case. Because you just woke up, you see the person or creature, however your mind is kinda still in a sleep phase in which distorts the image.

<p>

From what I know Old Hag refers to sleep paralysis? That wouldn't really fit, I have experienced several of sp and I would remember that feeling. My cousin was also able to move and everything, even if it would be some kind of sp it still doesn't make sense why do we all see the same.

Yes, sleep paralysis, but it is also witnessed by those still partially in sleep.. It's more of a term for any apparition like that.. I saw a video a will back that looks like this, so I'll see if I can find it.Edit: Here's the link, it was easier to find than I thought, though I'm not sure if it was a hoax or not.. Still creepy.

Edited by AliveInDeath7

What if it's a Grey Alien wearing a wig to appear more human and less scary? Sort of like a twist on the White Owl visions the people from the fictional The 4th Kind movie see during hypnosis? Looks like an E.T to me.

Edited by Donnie Darko

<p>

Yes, sleep paralysis, but it is also witnessed by those still partially in sleep.. It's more of a term for any apparition like that.. I saw a video a will back that looks like this, so I'll see if I can find it.Edit: Here's the link, it was easier to find than I thought, though I'm not sure if it was a hoax or not.. Still creepy.

[media=]

[/media]

Looks interesting and its definitely not watchable before sleep, but I don't have the feeling that this could be it... I also wonder if it's a trustworthy video.. thank you anyways!

What if it's a Grey Alien wearing a wig to appear more human and less scary? Sort of like a twist on the White Owl visions the people from the fictional The 4th Kind movie see during hypnosis? Looks like an E.T to me.

That is the most accurate explanation yet ! But it kind of makes me laugh when I imagine an alien styling itself infront of the mirror before actually trying to break in. Standing beside children's beds, scaring them for life by staring at them in the complete darkness, but still worrying about its look. I find him kind of cute now.

This type of creature you're describing fits in with spirits of folklore, especially seen by children.It could be either a boggart or a sprite. The sensation of fear you had when seeing it is typical of what they do to someone seeing it. These things are said to be the supernatural "bogeymen" that kids have always been afraid of. How tall was this odd looking thing?

This type of creature you're describing fits in with spirits of folklore, especially seen by children.It could be either a boggart or a sprite. The sensation of fear you had when seeing it is typical of what they do to someone seeing it. These things are said to be the supernatural "bogeymen" that kids have always been afraid of. How tall was this odd looking thing?

Thank you for your answer, it was a child-like height, when it was standing beside the bed its eyes were in the height of ours.

Hello,

Mind if i inquire and give you my personal feedback? Please understand i am not typing in a mean manner but more direct to the point.

Question: how old are you, I am not calling you a child, it just gives me a broader understanding of when the events happened.

It's about this thing that keeps happening in one room of our house.

Question: Ok, Can I ask you have you tried putting a camcorder or even a digital camera on video record mode and let it record in that room?

Since our family consists of mainly skeptic people, this thing becomes even more weird and hard to understand for every one of us.

Question: How many of your family members seen this creature?
I remember it like this -I'm around seven years old, sleeping in my cousin's room, I wake up in the night and panic when I see a creature standing by the bed, big black eyes staring directly at me, with big and messy hair. Barely one second passes and it's completely gone. I almost forgot about it through the years.

Opinion: Ok, So as i stated, I am a skeptic but I have had these dreams and I still do. Ever heard of Hypnagagia? It basically mean half a sleep and half awake or you dreaming but half a wake. I suffer through this, I have vivid memories from my child hood of visits from monsters and demons. To this day i still suffer from Hypnagagia from stress, eating late, lack of solid sleep or having a lot of things on my mind. Last night, I was outside in my backyard. I remember waking up and hearing something and putting my dog outside (except my dog was inside looking through the sliding door) and I saw a creature waving at me and then ran. The problem about memories is details do decay and get muddled up, especially from child hood.

Then there's a family meeting, all cousins and grandparents, and my cousin starts talking about this "creature" that he has seen as a child behind the window.

Question: Was the family meeting was to discuss this creature or was brought up? Also, Did they see the creature at your house or theirs?

I shared my story with him and got all excited , then asked him to draw it as he remembers it and so did I - I know this sounds abit likebull**** but the drawings were pretty much alike. He claims that he dreamt about the creature - that it wanted to get inside through window, he woke up all scared and then he has seen it for about one second in the window.

Question: I am a little confused here, Can you explain a little better about this portion. What did they say about the creature, Did you tell them every thing about the creature before they told you their story? Reason why is if you told them first, what would stop them from using the data they got from you to make a story up? I don't know your family members, I don't know how they act or if they are jokers.

<p>

[media=]

[/media]

That was scary! It looks like some kind of humanoid, the way it moved and stared him down. Sometimes I wonder, what the hell goes on in this world that we don't know? Maybe it's just best to not know everything. :innocent:

Edited by Donnie Darko

That was scary! It looks like some kind of humanoid, the way it moved and stared him down. Sometimes I wonder, what the hell goes on in this world that we don't know? Maybe it's just best to not know everything. :innocent:

If you watched the entire youtube vid, it shows a link to where he stole the creature video from. So it is fake, people need to be a little more observant.

• Like 1

If you watched the entire youtube vid, it shows a link to where he stole the creature video from. So it is fake, people need to be a little more observant.

I was thinking it was fake, seemed way to clear and real to be real. hahaIt just reminded me of what the OP posted. Interesting story nonetheless.

• Like 1