Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Pulsating red light sighted over Hinckley

A local astronomer spotted the object and reported it to the Leicestershire UFO Investigation Network.

The market town of Hinckley in England was the site of an intriguing UFO report back at the beginning of the month involving a male witness who observed what was described as a "large pulsating bright red light in the sky" at around 9:55pm on May 1st.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...d-over-hinckley

I wonder if there is any footage of this alleged red light? The witness, especially being an astronomer should have had a camera or the likes handy. (I know I would)

The article mentioned that this light was seen for at least 5 mins by him...... surely it was enough time for him to take a few snaps.

Yeah i agree if it was visible for five minutes I would have expected a few photos lol. Also if it took 5 minutes to traverse the sky it seems quite slow, of course generally speaking with no direct knowledge of his vantage point. That would suggest something floating perhaps, could been a flare of some sort maybe? I am of course only throwing out totally random thoughts on the article as there is nothing more tangible to aid in analysis.

• Like 2

I would've thought there would be a flood of witnesses,Hinckley is quite a large town

• Like 1

All helis do have an ACL (Anti Collision Light). The ACL is of red color, flashing and the strongest source of light on a heli.

I would say that match better than an aircraft of extraterrestrial origin here.

• Like 2

An interesting sighting. Hopefully some video will surface. It's too bad he didn't get any pictures of this event. I wouldn't think that this was the standard aircraft because it was described as a 'large' pulsating red light. I hope they acquire more information for their investigations.

Be careful about watching the sky, it may change your life forever.

Amateur astronomer was so intrigued watching a mystery light for 5 minutes that he apparently doesn't go outside and/or get binocs for a clearer look?

Amateur astronomer was so intrigued watching a mystery light for 5 minutes that he apparently doesn't go outside and/or

get binocs for a clearer look?

It was May Day, so the amateur astronomer was totally sloshed.

• Like 1

I have a tiny RC helicopter that has a bright red flashing LED. It could easily fly over rooftops and cause such a sighting.

An interesting sighting. Hopefully some video will surface. It's too bad he didn't get any pictures of this event. I wouldn't think that this was the standard aircraft because it was described as a 'large' pulsating red light. I hope they acquire more information for their investigations.

Be careful about watching the sky, it may change your life forever.

Yes, I hope that some pic's or video of this thing will surface as well.

I was looking forward to seeing some of the guys here debunk the holly crapola! out of it....god bless em! :P

It may be that Google balloon again.

• 2 weeks later...

Just think: If he'd had a camera or the nous to go get one, we could, even as we speak, be examining a black and blurry photo of a red dot. :P

A local astronomer spotted the object and reported it to the Leicestershire UFO Investigation Network.

Read More: http://www.unexplain...d-over-hinckley

Astronomers reporting UFO's.

I sense the waves getting more intense. Here's hoping; it's about time I saw one.

I don't recommend getting too close though. Lots of people have been burned or suffered radiation symptoms.

Keep yer distance is my advice.

I would've thought there would be a flood of witnesses,Hinckley is quite a large town

Any tall buildings or mobile antennas or the like? They usually have warning lights on the top of them, it seems plausible to consider he might have been looking at the beacon on a tower through a telescope that was perhaps too far away to see with the naked eye?