Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Jonbenet's Killer Mr. Cruel

redpill

Thanks for the link. This writer is a bit farfetched. I think edwards probably did a lot more crimes including murder but I really doubt he had anything to do with any of these crimes. This writer seems to have made a list of the most publicized murders and wrote a book to sell books. His list is a who's who in murder. Kind of bogus. But edwards's dna should continue to be compared to unsolved crimes and any other murders for that matter. He was a bad dude.

If you had heard this fella talk, you would not think he puts out far-fetched information. The words he chooses to use, his brevity of speech, none of it denotes fraud or deception. I will relisten to it, for the third time. But communications indicate mind-set, the words that are used (which go a long way in indicating deception and manipulating charasima) and so on indicate to me that he is not intending to deceive. Maybe there is a C2C episode on it on youtube. I will look.

[media=]

[/media] Edited by regeneratia

If you had heard this fella talk, you would not think he puts out far-fetched information. The words he chooses to use, his brevity of speech, none of it denotes fraud or deception. I will relisten to it, for the third time. But communications indicate mind-set, the words that are used (which go a long way in indicating deception and manipulating charasima) and so on indicate to me that he is not intending to deceive. Maybe there is a C2C episode on it on youtube. I will look.

[media=]

[/media]

The trouble is as one reviewer pointed out on Amazon.Edwards would've been 13 when he committed the Black Dahlia murder,that is totally ridiculous.He would've been 5 when he killed his mother.He went from shootings to stabbings,to rape mutilation,strangulation to mafia style hits,leaving corpses in the open,hiding bodies,killing indoors and outdoors.There simply is no pattern that ties the majority of these murders together.I bet if Gary Ridgeway hadn't been caught the author would've blamed Edwards for the Green River Killings

• Like 1

I had not heard of Mr. Cameron. I did a quick search and it seems he has linked edwards to a handful of infamous cases which casts doubt for me on his sincerity. I do think they entered the unknow males DNA in the FBI's CODIS so i would hope Edward's DNA has already been compared. But he tries to argue Chandra Levy and such and I think someone already is doing time for that. I would be curious of how he knows Edwards was in Boulder but not curious enough to buy his book. But you are right, Edwards should be compared to a lot of cases, since he was clearly a serial killer who traveled alot.

So you are assuming that the legal system always gets the RIGHT man when it comes to murder? I just cannot make that assumption, not in today's world when looking back on older crimes.

Lots of questions remain about that trial: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandra_Levy#Identification_of_the_prime_suspect

The trouble is as one reviewer pointed out on Amazon.Edwards would've been 13 when he committed the Black Dahlia murder,that is totally ridiculous.He would've been 5 when he killed his mother.He went from shootings to stabbings,to rape mutilation,strangulation to mafia style hits,leaving corpses in the open,hiding bodies,killing indoors and outdoors.There simply is no pattern that ties the majority of these murders together.I bet if Gary Ridgeway hadn't been caught the author would've blamed Edwards for the Green River Killings

Yes, obviously he did not listen to the interview nor read the book. That point has an answer. Read the book or listen to the interview.

It is answered in the book and in the interview. And probably on his website, with the time-line. Start there.

Edited by regeneratia

Here is a copy and paste from Lawrence Journal World, upon very brief search: June 7, 1990

Leach began circulating the petitions in early May, asking people to show their support for a continued investigation into the case of Randy Leach, who vanished more than two years ago. Randy, a Linwood High School senior at the time, was last seen about 2 a.m. April 16, 1988, at a rural Linwood graduation party. Neither Randy nor the family car, a 1985 gray Dodge 400, have not been seen since.

You know, the drought has helped solve several missing person's cases- and at least one I know of believed to be homicide- where people were missing with their vehicles.

• Like 2

So you are assuming that the legal system always gets the RIGHT man when it comes to murder? I just cannot make that assumption, not in today's world when looking back on older crimes.

Lots of questions remain about that trial: http://en.wikipedia....e_prime_suspect

No I know the legal system screws up. But I am not a sucker for snake oil salesmen. This guy is making things up to sell books. THese cases are not related. He made a list of famous crimes to get people to buy his book. Sorry but PT Barnum was absolutely right.

• Like 1

You know, the drought has helped solve several missing person's cases- and at least one I know of believed to be homicide- where people were missing with their vehicles.

Since I have lived in florida there have been several cases, not necessarily old cases, but a few where cars are found in ponds after an accident. The people are found dead underwater and in some cases years later. Of course recently there have been cases in other states as well. Really makes you wonder, doesn't it?

• Like 1

No I know the legal system screws up. But I am not a sucker for snake oil salesmen. This guy is making things up to sell books. THese cases are not related. He made a list of famous crimes to get people to buy his book. Sorry but PT Barnum was absolutely right.

I don't think this is about selling books. Writing books doesn't bring enough money in these days to matter. This is about a police detective wanting to get to the bottom of a case, which led to another case, which led to another case, which led to another case and ....

They may be related. Have you read the book? Have you listened to the interview? Many of the things he mentions fit right into JBs murder. Not just on this clip.

So PT Barnum nailed you?

I personally think that dismissiveness can sometimes be a psychological disease, just like I think that subjective, uninformed skepticism can be. It is far wiser to simply not take a position on things until all is ironed out, which could take years.

All is possible.

Edited by regeneratia

Since I have lived in florida there have been several cases, not necessarily old cases, but a few where cars are found in ponds after an accident. The people are found dead underwater and in some cases years later. Of course recently there have been cases in other states as well. Really makes you wonder, doesn't it?

Oh, heck yeah, it does! And yeah, the cases I'm thinking of are at least decades old, but it always blows my mind. I mean, very often, they 'right there', you know?!

Well, I for one have learned enough from those cases so that it's the first thing I consider when a person's gone missing with their vehicle...I say "check the freakin' bodies of water!...And make it thorough!

Here's one case where they weren't thorough and they didn't find the missing person/vehicle until 13 years later, but by chance, not drought.

http://www.plainsman...id=4367&page=72

http://www.plainsman...id=4415&page=72

Edited by regi

Oh, heck yeah, it does! And yeah, the cases I'm thinking of are at least decades old, but it always blows my mind. I mean, very often, they 'right there', you know?!

Well, I for one have learned enough from those cases so that it's the first thing I consider when a person's gone missing with their vehicle...I say "check the freakin' bodies of water!...And make it thorough!

Here's one case where they weren't thorough and they didn't find the missing person/vehicle until 13 years later, but by chance, not drought.

http://www.plainsman...id=4367&page=72

http://www.plainsman...id=4415&page=72

Interesting and sad story.

I was thinking of these two stories...one on the national news http://www.dailymail...etons-lake.html

and one from my local news...

http://nsbnews.net/c...-inside?page=51 The story does not explain....but apparently she may have made the error herself. She was suppose to drive less than a mile to her work and ended up across the street from her apt complex. I think she got confused. That was from later stories on this sad case.

I also remember a story I think from unsolved mysteries tv show where a man was killed by friends then put in his van and pushed into some water. Nobody knew what happened for like 20 years. Then they found the van and his bones. THe brothers who killed him confessed but to less than murder. I think some form of manslaughter. Can't find the story online. Not sure it was that tv show but pretty sure. Well anyway....when someone disappears, they might be very close and under our nose or at least water. Probably many secrets there.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

This is about a police detective wanting to get to the bottom of a case, which led to another case, which led to another case, which led to another case and ....

We all want to get to the bottom of a case...It sounds to me like the man considers coincidence to be the same as evidence.

I really don't know, but I don't care where his heart is- that's good if he cares...we all care....but sometimes people are more of a hindrance than a help.

• Like 3

We all want to get to the bottom of a case...It sounds to me like the man considers coincidence to be the same as evidence.

I really don't know, but I don't care where his heart is- that's good if he cares...we all care....but sometimes people are more of a hindrance than a help.

Or an opportunist.

• Like 1

I think edward edwards commited every unsolved crime in america.....i guess we need to close this website. all our mysteries are solved.

reckon he is even dead? maybe he is a vampire...immortal. Probably was jack the ripper too, and of course killed the borden's in fall river. oh wait, maybe even the real killer of anne boleyn. Probably killed the boy in the box and where was he when lincoln was shot?

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

I think edward edwards commited every unsolved crime in america.....i guess we need to close this website. all our mysteries are solved.

reckon he is even dead? maybe he is a vampire...immortal. Probably was jack the ripper too, and of course killed the borden's in fall river. oh wait, maybe even the real killer of anne boleyn. Probably killed the boy in the box and where was he when lincoln was shot?

It sounds like it'll all be in the book. :w00t:

It sounds like it'll all be in the book. :w00t:

Maybe I should write that book. Ann Rule, watch out! here i come.

Lots of questions remain about that trial: http://en.wikipedia....e_prime_suspect

BTW one of the cases is the Heitholt case in missouri where ryan ferguson and charles erickson were convicted....I called the governor's office and AG on this case as requested by the freeryanferguson.com website. I signed the petitions for freeing both and followed these cases closely. I am still working as little as i can for charles's freedom. I have my own theory of the crime but will not mention it here. I do not assume anything. I also see no link to this case with edward edwards...though i would love there to be a connection. sorry regeneratia this guy is just playing you. So your assumption of my assumption is incorrect.

Edited by mbrn30000
  • Like 1

Or an opportunist.

Yes, he may very well be that- and the very thought of it makes me sick!, but I've read more and I've listened to that radio interview and I finally have to say, that man's got to be the most appearingly-normal-yet-incredibly-delusional individual I've ever come across!

Basically, he links cases by happenstance or in cases where there's evidence, he fits the evidence to his theory. (In the WM3 case, he actually used erroneous info. to support his theory. :whistle: )

Re: the Ramsey case, I see that he used coincidence, denial and total fabrication. Examples: Jon Benet was 6 and had blonde hair just as one of Edwards' alleged victims waaaay back in the day.

There was a note. (Apparently that's true in the older case. Anyway...)

He explained away inconsistent handwriting (in any of the cases where there's such communication) by claiming that Edwards was always deliberately altering his handwriting.

There's another coincidence w/the note that I'm not recalling,but this is the kicker: He claims Edwards planted the DNA. Yes, he claims the DNA in the Ramsey case wouldn't match Edwards because that's another thing Edwards would do; he planted DNA. He explained that Edwards would want to set up other people. However, he first claimed that Edwards wanted to set up the Ramsey parents, but he didn't explain why Edwards would then plant DNA which excluded them. :unsure2: Regardless, the mere suggestion is ludicrous!

Also, I noticed he completely ignored that there was no evidence of rape in the Ramsey case.

Could I go on? I probably could if I looked more into it, but I've spent enough time on it already.

Something I found amusing...I'd made mention that there was a detective-turned author linking all these infamous cases and I didn't even get through the list and I was told "Oh, that's nonsense!" quickly followed by "Why do you listen to that bull****?" :lol:

Honestly, I'm still trying to answer that question. :passifier:

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

Ok, I realize that it is far easier to maintain the same number of neuropathways. Life is far easier when you do. However, I cannot do that. I want to always be critical in thinking and assessing each situation or issue on a unique basis.

• Like 1

I think we have to read the book. But this guy is not deceptive, if one can assess the words he chooses to use and the concepts he wants to present. He is NOT charasmatic, which is a plus in my book. I htink charasmatic people are that way because they want to manipulate and deceive. Cameron could not be considered charismatic.

Edited by regeneratia

BTW one of the cases is the Heitholt case in missouri where ryan ferguson and charles erickson were convicted....I called the governor's office and AG on this case as requested by the freeryanferguson.com website. I signed the petitions for freeing both and followed these cases closely. I am still working as little as i can for charles's freedom. I have my own theory of the crime but will not mention it here. I do not assume anything. I also see no link to this case with edward edwards...though i would love there to be a connection. sorry regeneratia this guy is just playing you. So your assumption of my assumption is incorrect.

Yes, but what if they were framed?

I know that you would like to think I am being played. But that is not an easy task. I have ways of knowing the truth.

Edited by regeneratia

Yes, but what if they were framed?

I know that you would like to think I am being played. But that is not an easy task. I have ways of knowing the truth.

LOL you have ways of knowing the truth. You are a riot!

LOL you have ways of knowing the truth. You are a riot!

Well, you obviously don't know any of the techniques.

I want to always be critical in thinking and assessing each situation or issue on a unique basis.

Well, you'd eventually have enough info so that you're capable of forming a conclusion....of offering an informed opinion, right?

As I posted, Cameron suggested that the DNA in the Ramsey case was planted by Edwards. Now, surely you'd have some sort of response to such a notion.

And he explained away handwriting evidence in the Ramsey case- and any other cases where there was such evidence- by claiming that Edwards not only disguised his handwriting, but he used a different disguise in each case. In other words, he suggests that Edwards disguised the disguises. :blink:

My take on Edwards is that he committed the 5 murders he'd confessed to (I don't think he was honest about how any of those crimes actually occurred, but...) and at this point, I doubt he committed any more murders, although I think it's possible he could have.... Anyway, his DNA is available for comparisons.

Edited by regi
  • Like 1

Well, you'd eventually have enough info so that you're capable of forming a conclusion....of offering an informed opinion, right?

As I posted, Cameron suggested that the DNA in the Ramsey case was planted by Edwards. Now, surely you'd have some sort of response to such a notion.

And he explained away handwriting evidence in the Ramsey case- and any other cases where there was such evidence- by claiming that Edwards not only disguised his handwriting, but he used a different disguise in each case. In other words, he suggests that Edwards disguised the disguises. :blink:

My take on Edwards is that he committed the 5 murders he'd confessed to (I don't think he was honest about how any of those crimes actually occurred, but...) and at this point, I doubt he committed any more murders, although I think it's possible he could have.... Anyway, his DNA is available for comparisons.

I have not formed a conclusion. That is something I pride myself on, to be able to sit on the fence and let the information flow until there seems to be more of an answer. I think Ed Edwards should be objectively looked into as the JB murderer. I point out that the murderer has NOT been found.

People assume that I have opinions on this forum far more often than I have opinions. Here the either/or attitude, however inaccurate it may be and however many mistakes are made using the duelistic manner of thinking, is what is assumed. You either believe or you do not believe, on this website. I think it is suspect thinking to be so duelistic. And if you are not either/or, your ideas are totally dismissed.

Dismissiveness is a disease, I come to think.

Let's just look into the possiblity that Edward Edwards could (!) be the JB killer. That is all I ask

Just what do you base the EE opinion on? And are you leaving out any and all information on EE to make that determination? What are you omitting, when making that assumption?

As for Cameron, I listened to him talk for an hour. I don't find his tonality and speech to be decepetive. In fact, speech is not his forte, and maybe writing isn't either.. I am thinking of ordering his book. If he is in it for the money, at least it is better money spent that buying Koch toilet paper, Gillette razor blades or Verison phone service, huh? Put your money where you want to. I will put the multiplier effect where I want it to go.

Edited by regeneratia
  • Like 1

Dismissiveness is a disease, I come to think.

Cameron is "dismissive" of evidence that doesn't with fit his perp, which is what I've tried to illustrate.

Just what do you base the EE opinion on? And are you leaving out any and all information on EE to make that determination? What are you omitting, when making that assumption?

Re: the Ramsey case, that Cameron would even suggest that Edwards planted that DNA is enough for me to conclude that Edwards isn't the perp. What that suggestion demonstrates to me is how Cameron interprets evidence... any evidence.

Basically, (in the Ramsey case) he ignores evidence which points away from Edwards and replaces it with complete speculation, and he uses mere coincidence as evidence against Edwards.

Re: Edwards and the 5 cases he confessed to, I've learned about Edwards (independent of Cameron's info.) and I watched a three part interview with Edwards which is available on YouTube.

I have not formed a conclusion. That is something I pride myself on, to be able to sit on the fence and let the information flow until there seems to be more of an answer.

In contrast, I think there's enough info., I've concluded and I'm rarely sitting on the fence. ^_^

Edited by regi