Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

3 friends become 'possessed' by Ouija board

seeder

Makes sense, and sounds like Catholic protocal.

If I believed and worked for God? I would be on call 24/7 for anybody even for a stop by blessing.

Unless it's different now what Calibeliever said is true, there is a strict list of traits that have to be met by the alleged possessed, an investigation carried out and the Catholic Church has to approve. Doesn't happen often, needless to say. The priests are also vetted, to make sure they are fit for the ritual. As far as I know. And like she said, all physical and mental illnesses have to be ruled out FIRST.

Edited by Kasha

These boards can be very dangerous, just ask my brother, one gave him 4 stitches when I hit him up side his head with it.

• Like 7

I'm really wondering just what would be classified as traits of possession because if I saw someone vomit stuff that shouldn't be there or levitate or do something really out of the ordinary, I'm guessing that a lot of people would change their minds.

I'm curious because I haven't seen anyone bring this up yet on this site but has anyone else seen the video of the girl that is giving makeup tips and midway through the video, she stops and smashes her face several times on the computer? A buddy of mine showed it to me because I didn't believe him and this is one of those things that I wish I could've unwatched. She's a pretty girl so I would think that she would not do that on her own so I'm not sure what to make of that video. I'm not going to put a link here because it is potentially disturbing. I'm not saying it is possession but I don't know what could be going on there because she is speaking coherently and looks to be ok, just a run of the mill video.

Hi Mantis914

If you're really curious some think one of the most comprehensive works on possession is Traugott Konstantin Oesterreich's Possession and Exorcism: Among Primitive Races, in Antiquity, the Middle Ages and Modern Times. I own this book and it is a tome. Just a warning. I'm sure there is stuff online, I just don't know how accurate it is. I suppose if one was careful about the source, but you already know how that goes. I'm just naturally wary of the internet, I try to stick with books ;)

Edited by Kasha
  • Like 1

I do think that not this story, but the shift in posts replying to Ouija board stories, has changed in just a few years. I've basically only seen one dramatic post in this thread supporting the idea of how dangerous the boards are. Maybe it's a result of the story itself being pretty outlandish, but it seems like boards don't seem to get the legitimacy the once did, even among people that believe in a lot of things. Interesting. I'm almost disappointed.

This will draw fire from the crowd here that thinks everything is imagination or hoax (i.e. bull****), but I'll say it anyway. Ouija is extrememly dangerous for some people. The trouble is, you won't know if you're one of those people until you do it. Much like an allergic reaction to a drug, you don't get to find out until after the fact.

I have NEVER heard of a case where someone used a Ouija and started hallucinating and jumping around babbling like an idiot. What typically happens is a portal gets opened and something gets invited into your life and your home. That's exactly the purpose of the Ouija, to open a doorway to the spirit world. The problem is you have NO IDEA what's on the other side of the door. It could be a friend and it could be soemthing wholly unfriendly. Fortunately, most of the time these things amount to nothing. But just like with picking the wrong kind of mushroom on the forrest floor: you only have to be wrong once. In all seriousness, if you're thinking of goofing around with one I really wouldn't.

I don't usually play the heavy, I like to keep it light. But I have to agree with Paranormalcy. They really aren't toys.

If you don't believe in any of this, then great, you have no reason to fool with it.

If you do believe the spirit world, then great, you have no reason to fool with it.

Back to lurking. Cheers.

• Like 2

Idf be more interested in a Jumanji board...so long as there was an easier way out of the game!! :lol:

Jumanji.jpeg

• Like 4

Idf be more interested in a Jumanji board...so long as there was an easier way out of the game!! :lol:

Jumanji.jpeg

this was a pretty good movie!

nice twist on the ouija board too

• Like 3

this was a pretty good movie!

nice twist on the ouija board too

You encouraged me to watch again! Wondered what Id do tonight!! Cheers

• Like 1

Unless it's different now what Calibeliever said is true, there is a strict list of traits that have to be met by the alleged possessed, an investigation carried out and the Catholic Church has to approve. Doesn't happen often, needless to say. The priests are also vetted, to make sure they are fit for the ritual. As far as I know. And like she said, all physical and mental illnesses have to be ruled out FIRST.

So, if you are not catholic, you can't get possessed?

This will draw fire from the crowd here that thinks everything is imagination or hoax (i.e. bull****), but I'll say it anyway. Ouija is extrememly dangerous for some people. The trouble is, you won't know if you're one of those people until you do it. Much like an allergic reaction to a drug, you don't get to find out until after the fact.

If you don't believe in any of this, then great, you have no reason to fool with it.

The bold : Yes, to the easily influenced and ignorant minds. And, to people that may have a mental/psychological condition. To anyone who reads up on things like the ideomotor effect ( spelling ), psychology, etc. And, the origin of the Ouija board, the real origin, and wicca, etc. Those people will not be effected one bit.

I tried, many times. Even burned a couple of them. Trust me, nothing happens. It is a toy, home made or not.

I do not believe in it, nor do I believe in Demons, or summoning. I tried all of this, and had people " summon " demons and such to me. Nothing happened.

You said it correct :

If you " believe " , it can be " real ".......

" belief " does not make something a reality though.

It is all in ones head.

• Like 1

You encouraged me to watch again! Wondered what Id do tonight!! Cheers

lol maybe i'll watch it with the boyfriend tonight when he comes over

Lolol i think the blame is to some mex shroms instead....

Edited by qxcontinuum

lol maybe i'll watch it with the boyfriend tonight when he comes over

I could suggest better movies for that occasion.... ;)

• Like 3

So, if you are not catholic, you can't get possessed?

I'm sorry if that's what you got from my post. No, that's just Catholic Church protocol before performing one. The point is they have to rule out mental and somatic illnesses as well first.

I could suggest better movies for that occasion.... ;)

lol

oh reeeeheeeally

we ended up watching a documentary on some crystal caves in mexico anyway

way sexier lol

The point is they have to rule out mental and somatic illnesses as well first.

And they still do not even rule out those.....

Many deaths from Exorcisms, happened, and still do. Because real medicine was not used, and would have saved lives.

UPDATE: It was drugs!

EXCLUSIVE - 'We tried to pray for them but it only made the demons angrier': Inside the terrifying 'possession' of Mexican orphan girl who took shamanic drugs to contact her dead parents with a Ouija board

Orphan Alexandra Huerta, 16, used the Ouija board with her brother and cousin after taking powerful 'shamanic' drug Brugsmansia

In a video taken by paramedics that shocked the world this week she can be seen in the depths of 'possession'

MailOnline visited her in her shack in the remote Mexican village of Tepotzlan

Her guardians admitted that they had told the trio how to contact dead parents using the drug and the board

The drug is also known as Angel’s Trumpet for its large poisonous flowers, and induces dark hallucinations, confusion, muscle paralysis and can lead to death in large doses

Alexandra was 'convulsing and speaking in tongues, not her own'

Guardians believe the possession was real, adding: 'We are worried she may still be possessed by these demons'

http://www.dailymail...l#ixzz35lv3ipZi

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkRE2rw4Mms[/media]

Edited by seeder
  • Like 3

lol Tongues is simply a foreign language, it is said that most demons speak an older form of Latin, or so says the Catholic Church. So which do you think she was speaking ? Maybe a French dialect since they were in Mexico, because I'm thinking Latin would not be a huge stretch for her.

Edited by Forever Cursed

I wonder if the company who manufactures Ouija boards have a shaman who inserts a demon into each board so that it might possess someone. And if you're not possessed after three tries, you can get your money back. :D

• Like 5

I wonder if the company who manufactures Ouija boards have a shaman who inserts a demon into each board so that it might possess someone. And if you're not possessed after three tries, you can get your money back. :D

Many deaths from Exorcisms, happened, and still do. Because real medicine was not used, and would have saved lives.

And this is true. That's just their checklist, and really I should have referred to it as the syndrome of possession.

Edited by Kasha

Hi Mantis914

If you're really curious some think one of the most comprehensive works on possession is Traugott Konstantin Oesterreich's Possession and Exorcism: Among Primitive Races, in Antiquity, the Middle Ages and Modern Times. I own this book and it is a tome. Just a warning. I'm sure there is stuff online, I just don't know how accurate it is. I suppose if one was careful about the source, but you already know how that goes. I'm just naturally wary of the internet, I try to stick with books ;)

I'll have to check that out sometime. I totally agree about the online stuff, it kind of reminds me of the late night callers on Coast to Coast that Art Bell used to cut of because: A. They made no sense or B. They were obviously on something and psychobabbling...

I take it no ones seen the video I mentioned yet...

• Like 1

I'll have to check that out sometime. I totally agree about the online stuff, it kind of reminds me of the late night callers on Coast to Coast that Art Bell used to cut of because: A. They made no sense or B. They were obviously on something and psychobabbling...

I take it no ones seen the video I mentioned yet...

Coast to Coast. Oh, my Lord. The full name of that show was undoubtedly "Coast to Coast BS."