Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Rome will be conquered next, says 'Caliph'

questionmark

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the self-proclaimed leader of the 'Islamic State' stretching across Iraq and Syria, has vowed to lead the conquest of Rome as he called on Muslims to immigrate to his new land to fight under its banner around the globe.

Baghdadi, who holds a PhD in Islamic studies, said Muslims were being targetted and killed from China to Indonesia. Speaking as the first Caliph, or commander of the Islamic faithful since the dissolution of the Ottoman empire, he called on Muslims to rally to his pan-Islamic state.

"Those who can immigrate to the Islamic State should immigrate, as immigration to the house of Islam is a duty," he said in an audio recording released on a website used by the group formerly known as the Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham.

Read more

Not a bad idea that the radicals all move to an 'Islamic State'... we could put a fence around it and make sure nothing gets in or out...

• Like 8

I wonder how many are immagrating to this new place? .

• Like 1

Global South cannot defeat the North at this time.

Ever since the French Revolution the upper classes have found economic conquest much more effective and under no circumstances will they allow their own peasants to revolt much less a foreign peasant army.

Wars are simply no longer fought that way. Sadly they seem to be living in the past as do many in the West as well. The Crusades are long past and even if they tried to take Rome as a marching force they will be halted before even crossing the Balkans by the Serbs.

If anyone is going to conquer Rome it is a German-led EU with their help of their bankers and economists demanding austerity measures.

I was just watching a documentary on the Ayatollah Khomeini. He started off as such a small player on the scene. A hostage taking and some strong statements, well timed - Iran was changed completely.

I found the difference between the Iran of the Shah and the new Iran post Khomeini to be really the most frightening aspect of the documentary. There were over a million screaming followers at his funeral, it was the craziest thing I'd ever seen - for a funeral no less.

I do see some disturbing synergies in the events of the past with what is happening today, minus a solid figure head - but there are specific individuals calling the shots and they are gaining momentum.

Edited by libstaK
  • Like 1

I was just watching a documentary on the Ayatollah Khomeini. He started off as such a small player on the scene. A hostage taking and some strong statements, well timed - Iran was changed completely.

I found the difference between the Iran of the Shah and the new Iran post Khomeini to be really the most frightening aspect of the documentary. There were over a million screaming followers at his funeral, it was the craziest thing I'd ever seen - for a funeral no less.

I do see some disturbing synergies in the events of the past with what is happening today, minus a solid figure head - but there are specific individuals calling the shots and they are gaining momentum.

Khomeini just was there and no other alternative when the Shah finally had to declare moral bankruptcy, that is why Iran changed... and the root of that moral bankruptcy was the coup against Mossadegh in 1953... now guess by compliments of who? (ehm, yes, the same whose heirs created the Iraq mess a few decades later).

• Like 2

Khomeini just was there and no other alternative when the Shah finally had to declare moral bankruptcy, that is why Iran changed... and the root of that moral bankruptcy was the coup against Mossadegh in 1953... now guess by compliments of who? (ehm, yes, the same whose heirs created the Iraq mess a few decades later).

Shah of Iran bailed out in 1979 wasn't it? 26 years after the deposing of Mossadech. Sorry, but I take the view that any moral bankruptcy after that elapsed time was his responsibility.

Shah of Iran bailed out in 1979 wasn't it? 26 years after the deposing of Mossadech. Sorry, but I take the view that any moral bankruptcy after that elapsed time was his responsibility.

If we discount 26 years of dictatorship resulting from the deposition you are completely right.

If we discount 26 years of dictatorship resulting from the deposition you are completely right.

Point well missed.

lol this world is crazy , cant wait untill all religions have bombed eachother. than there is more space on earth, 8 billion peopel is just too much.

So this is what "the caliphate" has descended to. Sad.

If I were him, I'd be a bit more careful about the use of words such as "conquest". Considering the UN throws a fit over "border strengthening" and "troop exercises".

I noticed their master plan includes all of Spain as well.

869570-3a448582-0183-11e4-8a13-c9890f82f8cd.jpg

They're going to have a hard time conquering the Spanish. No way in the world are they going to relinquish their jamon without an ultimate fight to the end.

Screen-Shot-2014-01-28-at-9.30.55-PM.png

What is scary about this group, and it is not the amount of people they have, is the passion and fanaticism this group has. This group's entire goal is to bring about religious prophecy. They want to bring about the entire of the world. That is their final aim. I remember Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the "Twelver" group he belonged to. Scary as hell.

What is scary about this group, and it is not the amount of people they have, is the passion and fanaticism this group has. This group's entire goal is to bring about religious prophecy. They want to bring about the entire of the world. That is their final aim. I remember Mahmoud Ahmadinejad and the "Twelver" group he belonged to. Scary as hell.

I believe it's all rhetoric (or wishful thinking) and their threats are just tickles. Nothing the west can't handle. I hate wars but I suppose we're living in an era where we can't do without arming ourselves against evil doctrines. A country has to defend itself and it's allies.

I'm not a great supporter of Israeli policy but I do believe they have a Right to exist. I'm not sure these Jihadists realise what powerful weaponry the west has at its disposal and I'm not talking about Nukes. I'm afraid the biggest mistake they could ever make is to try to get into a conventional war by attacking Israel or Spain, Turkey, Greece. Rome? no chance.

LOL, Logic suggests they would never be able to invade those countries through simple terrorism so it would have to be through conventional warfare. Simply, I would not want to be living in the Middle East if they ever did try such a large scale invasion.

The world is going to have to incur an additional burden of security over and above that created by common criminals, and it ain't going to be cheap. Rome is an example, just ripe for terrorist events with the populace as relaxed and trusting and happy as it is. A few incidents and the culture will lose a lot.

I sometimes think the best course would be to go in there, impose an autocratic government, and rigorously clean out the rats. In the end the cost would be less, and some cultures and not able to handle self government, and efforts to establish it are just naive.

Another potential lunatic dictator with delusiions of grandeur. I dont think we need worry about a guy running around with a few pick-up trucks full of screaming idiots.

• Like 2

Another potential lunatic dictator with delusiions of grandeur. I dont think we need worry about a guy running around with a few pick-up trucks full of screaming idiots.

Don't speak too soon, spud.....This one caused us a few problems in the past.......

811d8031-14d0-4b36-ad03-4ed7052c651d_zpsc4196979.jpg

• Like 2

Don't speak too soon, spud.....This one caused us a few problems in the past.......

811d8031-14d0-4b36-ad03-4ed7052c651d_zpsc4196979.jpg

Hi E, ok point taken but at least they weren't running around shouting Jihad,death to infidels Allah Akbar and so on.and their wives didn't wear black bin liners.
  • Like 1

Hi E, ok point taken but at least they weren't running around shouting Jihad,death to infidels Allah Akbar and so on.and their wives didn't wear black bin liners.

Right, they were just wearing brown uniforms and screaming Sieg Heil... not much difference really...