Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Neocons Getting Ready to Ally With Clinton ?

questionmark

WASHINGTON — AFTER nearly a decade in the political wilderness, the neoconservative movement is back, using the turmoil in Iraq and Ukraine to claim that it is President Obama, not the movement’s interventionist foreign policy that dominated early George W. Bush-era Washington, that bears responsibility for the current round of global crises.

Even as they castigate Mr. Obama, the neocons may be preparing a more brazen feat: aligning themselves with Hillary Rodham Clinton and her nascent presidential campaign, in a bid to return to the driver’s seat of American foreign policy.

To be sure, the careers and reputations of the older generation of neocons — Paul D. Wolfowitz, L. Paul Bremer III, Douglas J. Feith, Richard N. Perle — are permanently buried in the sands of Iraq. And not all of them are eager to switch parties: In April, William Kristol, the editor of The Weekly Standard, said that as president Mrs. Clinton would “be a dutiful chaperone of further American decline.”

Read more

This is hardly surprising given her aggressive foreign policy stance in general. Still if she does hook up with them its likely to ruin her nomination chances.

Br Cornelius

Bill Clinton bombed Iraq for eight years before he illegally bombed an aspirin factory in Africa. Hillary joyously joined Obama in bombing Qaddafi for Al Qaeda and armed Al Qaeda sympathizers in Syria. It's the same counterproductive contradictory nonsense the neocons love. Neocons love Clintons. They talk about Clintons every day on MSM TV because they love them. It's a box full of love wrapped with criticism paper. A box full of doublespeak wrapped in bipartisan hypocrisy.

yq4ea10570.png

• Like 3

She allies herself with the neocons she's lost my vote.

• Like 2

A box full of doublespeak wrapped in bipartisan hypocrisy.

Sooo.... politics as always, huh?

• Like 1

She allies herself with the neocons she's lost my vote.

Why? Don't you want the house and the senate to work together with the president? Liberals may finally get what they want and complain. Typical. (JK Beany, just being a smart ass)

Why? Don't you want the house and the senate to work together with the president? Liberals may finally get what they want and complain. Typical. (JK Beany, just being a smart ass)

So you're basically asking her, "how Democrat are you?"

Basically you're asking her if she'll take some Neocon spice sprinkled on her dinner to get greater Democratic party victories. It's a good question. And it's politics too, so?

Which politics is that?

Drop the "holier than thou" shtick, it works better for you that way.

Drop the "holier than thou" shtick, it works better for you that way.

I have no idea what you're talking about, sorry. What I have to say never matters where politics is concerned because I don't see politics as a valid source from which to make decisions from. So seriously, which politics?

Holier than thou isn't politics, but where'd that come from? I'm not wearing whiteys here compared to anyone else. My clothes are soiled. I might be the devil himself and I think you got the wrong idea about me buddy.

The fleecing of the sheep continues...they are just being open and blatant about it now.

I do not care for many (most) of Mrs Clinton's positions...but I am not a warmonger either so the neocons can jump off a cliff and carry her with them.

This thing with ISIS/ISIL is concerning to me. IF they succeed in making a new Islamic nation and start absorbing regions...nothing good can come from it. A part of me wants to believe they will be happy in their little "kingdom" and leave the rest of us alone...but I doubt that will happen...that is just not how religion works.

Anyway...I don't think Hillary is going to do anyone any good. The neocons are looking to "play" the system...which I find highly annoying...

This is hardly surprising given her aggressive foreign policy stance in general. Still if she does hook up with them its likely to ruin her nomination chances.

Br Cornelius

may be that is the idea :whistle:

Neocons, aargh! Although I gotta admit I still find amusing the notion of secret service men hitting the ground when a drunken Cheney fired off some rounds. Now that's a video I'd like to see. And a good argument for gun control. How do you stop an armed, drunk VP? I guess you don't. And really, how seriously can you take a guy named Scooter?

Edited by Beany

I'd say she is a neocon. .. but still, i doubt if any significant portion of the republican party would ever publicly support her.

• Like 1

Maybe this would help people realize how they are not so different

• Like 1

Maybe this would help people realize how they are not so different

Recognize our commonality instead of our differences, common humanity? That's crazy talk.

• Like 1