Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Colorado legalizes recreational pot use

ColoradoParanormal

What's good about recreational pot? That good.

Why shouldn't the world have beautiful music to listen to inspired by a plant that provides a safe euphoria and improved creativity?

• 6 months later...

Legalizing pot has not spurred use among U.S. teens: study

Our results are not consistent with the hypothesis that the legalization of medical marijuana caused an increase in the use of marijuana among high school students," D. Mark Anderson of Montana State University, Daniel Rees of the University of Colorado and Benjamin Hansen of the University of Oregon wrote.

http://news.yahoo.com/legalizing-pot-not-spurred-among-u-teens-study-140618382.html

Just got back from CO. The stores there are awesome, we went in to three of them. Everyone in the town was great.

• Like 1

Our results are not consistent with the hypothesis that the legalization of medical marijuana caused an increase in the use of marijuana among high school students," D. Mark Anderson of Montana State University, Daniel Rees of the University of Colorado and Benjamin Hansen of the University of Oregon wrote.

http://news.yahoo.co...-140618382.html

I would like to know if there is a spike in the number of students using it, has this caused a downward trend in those drinking? if so then its a good thing surely.

• Like 1

What's good about recreational pot? That good.

[media=]

[/media]

Why shouldn't the world have beautiful music to listen to inspired by a plant that provides a safe euphoria and improved creativity?

Yam, I just decided I would like to share a bowl with you should we ever meet.

• Like 1

http://news.yahoo.co...-140618382.html

People are so funny sometimes. Why would anyone think there would be a massive influx in pot use just because it's legalized? It's just another day for most people. Does every single teen take up heavy drinking as soon as they are legal? Of course not. Just like the people who smoked pot before can now walk in to a store and buy it, while the people who don't smoke pot....don't smoke pot. Sometimes we don't give ourselves enough credit.

• Like 1

I would like to know if there is a spike in the number of students using it, has this caused a downward trend in those drinking? if so then its a good thing surely.

On a related note, it's been nearly 20 years ago that the Dutch essentially legalized pot, and the data showed that the rates of pot use in Holland amongst the youngsters was actually lower than the rates of use among US youngsters.

Forbidden Fruit Syndrome in play?

• Like 1

Forbidden Fruit Syndrome in play?

Probably.

Honestly, in a world where you can kill yourself legally with cigarettes and whiskey why worry so much about pot.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

​Philadelphia has decriminalized small amounts of marijuana in the city, reducing penalties for possession and public use to minor fines and community service. The move makes Philadelphia the largest city in the United States to decriminalize pot.

http://rt.com/usa/192684-philadelphia-marijuana-decriminalize-pot/

• Like 1

I'm curious to see what the unexpected twists of the legalization will be. There are bound to be some. Maybe not apparent for years.

Similar to some affects of cars that get much better gas mileage or electric cars. Some states are having problems funding their road upkeep. Much (if not all) of that budget came from gas tax. If people are not buying gas, the funds go down. I think different ways to tax electric cars are being explored. I suppose that is fair.

• Like 1

When/Where it is legal, please keep the following in mind....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2782906/The-terrible-truth-cannabis-British-expert-s-devastating-20-year-study-finally-demolishes-claims-smoking-pot-harmless.html

One in six teenagers who regularly smoke the drug become dependent

It doubles risk of developing psychotic disorders, including schizophrenia

Heavy use in adolescence appears to impair intellectual development

Driving after smoking cannabis doubles risk of having a car crash

Smoking it while pregnant reduces the baby’s birth weight.

So, it is not for Kids, Teens, or those who may have signs of mental disorders. Or those who have addictive personalities. Or pregnant women.

Basically anyone who shouldn't be drinking alcohol shouldn't be smoking pot.

• Like 2

I'm curious to see what the unexpected twists of the legalization will be. There are bound to be some. Maybe not apparent for years.

Similar to some affects of cars that get much better gas mileage or electric cars. Some states are having problems funding their road upkeep. Much (if not all) of that budget came from gas tax. If people are not buying gas, the funds go down. I think different ways to tax electric cars are being explored. I suppose that is fair.

I just saw a report that the homeless population in Colorado's larger cities has literally doubled since the law came into effect. Hmmm. ;)

I just saw a report that the homeless population in Colorado's larger cities has literally doubled since the law came into effect. Hmmm. ;)

does it mean bums moved there from other places, or more people bacame bums due to the law?????

remember SF social experement? give moeny to bums so they can get their sht together, the result was anything but, bums from all over CA moved to SF for free money.

We'll have to wait and see if that is coincidence or not.

I smoked pot quite a bit in my youth (I'm 44 now). Growing up in a small town made it readily available and gave us something to do. Haven't for about 15 years or so because I'm not going to risk my job.

Friends of mine who I see from time to time who still smoke it frequently are, as a whole, less productive than those who have quit. Of course there are exceptions on both sides. But I could go back to the town I grew up in and take 10 people I hung out with and smoked pot with. The average salary of the 5 who still smoke vs those who do not is much lower. Granted, life situations guide that as well. From parental examples to economic levels.

I thought it was funny how Peyton Manning said his Papa Johns franchises in Denver have been doing very well. :w00t:

What tests are available for measuring whether you are under the influence?

If you get into an accident can they measure if you were under the influence at the time of accident? What if it was the night before when you smoked it?

Can companies still do drug tests for pot? Can they deny employment?