Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Reincarnation is a misnomer

UM-Bot

Kathleen Meadows: I was watching a video by David Wilcock (author of The Synchronicity Key) recently, and not surprisingly he set off a maelstrom of pondering. I like David. He’s passionate, diligent, sincere and intelligent. In this particular video, David was extolling with his characteristic confidence, proof of reincarnation. The soul re-incarnating in human form to live yet another life. A prospect I personally find less than appealing. Not because I’ve not had a good life but rather because the notion of beginning all over again is rather daunting and frankly exhausting to contemplate. After almost 60 years spent on this planet I can attest to life being a lot of hard work. The biggest problem I have embracing re-incarnation is the why. Why would my soul feel a need to return to another body? That just doesn’t seem necessary. Don’t I know all there is to know about embodiment once I’ve been here?

arrow3.gifView: Full Article

I do not believe in reincarnation as it is described, but it is a fact our genes are passed down through the generations, this is to me a sort of reincarnation, but more biologically than spiritually.

Maybe some mentality is also passed down, we know traits and customs are, but is this not just what being human is as opposed to an individual pass down?

We hear the saying "just like their mother or father or even grandparent" is this were the idea of reincarnation came from originally, the passing down of genes and them the individual soul bit came later?

Edited by freetoroam
  • Like 3

You should read DUNE by Frank Herbert.

Why is it that everyone thinks remembering a different or past life means reincarnation? What if it is just someone having the ability to access the Akashic Records and synchronizing themselves with the memories of a particular individual? I don't believe in reincarnation or Akashic Records though.

I like the thoughtfulness that has gone into your article, Ms Meadows. While a skeptic on the subject, one aspect of reincarnation that would bother me is the question of identity.

If the 'reincarnated entity' does not have the same identity, is it truly 're-incarnation'?

Why is it that everyone thinks remembering a different or past life means reincarnation? What if it is just someone having the ability to access the Akashic Records and synchronizing themselves with the memories of a particular individual? I don't believe in reincarnation or Akashic Records though.

This is kind of a circular argument isn't it? I don't believe in this, it could be that. Mind you I don't believe in that either!!

Shame the Dalai Lama doesn't post here!

Don’t I know all there is to know about embodiment once I’ve been here?

I don't think all of us hit this standard upon death (of our bodies). I think we are always learning and if we are sent back it is because we have more to do.