Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

UFO Sighting

Awake2Chaos

Last night my husband was standing out on the deck having a smoke, and I was inside with little man. He pokes his head in the door, and tells me to come out side for a minute....so out I trot, grumbling because I had no idea what could be so important as to draw me away from Robot Chicken.

He points up to the sky, and to the north of us (our house faces directly north, toward the shores of Lake Ontario) there is a ball of light, very high up (twice as high as an airplane, maybe more) moving at a very high rate of speed south. There was a plane in the southern sky, moving west to east, so we had a point of reference...and this was definitely not a plane. It moved all the way across our visible night sky, getting higher and less visible, until it blinked out. I'm guessing it left the atmosphere at this point.

We see a lot of meteor showers up here, and it was not a meteor...this ball of light arched as it traveled south, consistently, with a very deliberate path. I'm not aware of any comets near us right now either.

It took about 45 seconds, to a full minute to pass overhead.

Relax, I'm not saying it was aliens, but it was not a plane, not a comet, not a meteor. My dad and I used to look for satellites when I was a kid, so I am familair with those as well....It looked exactly like a star; bright, white, round.

This video is very similar to what we saw:

[media=]

[/media]
  • Like 2

Check for satellite passes at a site such as HeavensAbove

Didn't she say that she was already familiar with satellites?

This video is very similar to what we saw:

[media=]

[/media]

Some words to this clip. It seems to become a trend that some ppl (at least one of them is a member here) are using,

deliberately or not, a reduced satellite database in relation to "UFO" sightings. The author of the clip tried to exclude

possible satellites by showing a satellite fly-over schedule for 21JUL which only contains data of the 5 popular ones

but thats not the full picture. As per HeavensAbove there were approx 500 (five-zero-zero) visible fly-overs that day

at Chicago with a magnitude up to 5, so visible for the nacked eyes. And in between 9:34pm and 9:40pm (the author

mentioned 2 different times), in total 11 satellites become visible that day. And, the channel of this author is full of such

hoax BS.

Familiar is relative. :yes:

• Like 1

I thought it could be the ISS, too, but I checked a tracking site that tells you where it is at any given moment, and it was over the Pacific.

I don't know what it was but it was really cool to watch.

Apparently not enough to do a check to verify what may or may not have been visible at the time. From the OP "It looked exactly like a star; bright, white, round" - how does that differ to a satellite? And "It blinked out" - as satellites do when they go into the Earth's shadow. Just sayin...

Apparently not enough to do a check to verify what may or may not have been visible at the time. From the OP "It looked exactly like a star; bright, white, round" - how does that differ to a satellite? And "It blinked out" - as satellites do when they go into the Earth's shadow. Just sayin...

maybe in the last year, while glancing up and starry sky, I noticed something. As my eyes rested between two stars, there was a flash of light. I am assuming it was a satellite reflecting a seconds woth of sunlight.

Isn't there like millions of man made and other objects up there reflecting light for a bit?

Yet, the description of the object being a ball of light like a star, reminds me of something I saw years ago. It was like a bright star, and it zig zagged at 90 degree angles across the sky. No one has yet to tell me what we have simular that this could be.

• Like 1

Familiar is relative. :yes:

Stop with the patronizing.....it's not very becoming dear!.. B) Edited by Astra00
  • Like 2

You know what really irks me....I didn't post this saying, "OH MY GOD, I SAW AN ALIEN!" And people still act like d*cks. I think I'm done with this site.

You win!! Peace out.

• Like 1

You know what really irks me....I didn't post this saying, "OH MY GOD, I SAW AN ALIEN!" And people still act like d*cks. I think I'm done with this site.

You win!! Peace out.

Just don't mind them.

• Like 1