Join the Unexplained Mysteries community today! It's free and setting up an account only takes a moment.
- Sign In or Create Account -

Dreams are a true Wonder

The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Four and a half years ago I was bombarded with Lucid dreams every night for a few months straight. Honestly I don't even know what triggered it all, I was prone to the odd one every now and then sure but nothing like that period of time. I found myself drained of all energy, I found myself wondering "What the hell was going on?".

It was around then I started to write them down because mentally, I couldn't make sense of them. After a while I began using one of my dreams as a foundation for a novel, which I completed after a few months. My writing skills in all area's weren't great and my creativity muscle had been dormant for so long that the book which had potential, lacked a lot in originality. However, it only had an opposite effect, my dreams merely inspired me to write more and more. I became a little obsessed and also slightly disturbed by the sheer amount of Lucid Dreams I was having. Some of the dreams I concluded (my personal opinion on the matter, not fact) I was reliving past lives, why do I believe this?

Simple. I can even now recall the scenery around me, the faces and clothes of the people that I was in the dream, the clothing gave me a good idea of era is well.

Some of my other dreams and these were and still are the more common, 'Glimpses into my future'. Sounds bat sh!t crazy I know but it's true, I have documented proof. Around 6-8 months back I had a strange dream that was talking to some girl and two guys were stood talking on my right. I didn't make much sense of it but I took note none the less anyway. Two days ago, it hit me, that feeling commonly described as 'Deja Vu', it hit me instantly, I had dreamed this exact moment. I had the dream when I lived in Ireland and I moved to Canada some three months ago. Can you imagine, if I could've understood more of the dream, or recalled more of it.

It made me wonder, Do we really decide our own future?

What are your thoughts?

No flamers please, I don't do well,.... with flamers. :D

Edited by The Dreamer - Hybrid89

Its been shown that writing down your dreams leads to likelihood of lucid dreaming increasing.

the thinking is that as you document your dreams, you begin to recognize certain aspects of the dreams that reoccur, and when you have moments of recognition, you become aware you're experiencing a dream.

As for deja vu moments, often mundane moments in our lives repeat themselves closely enough that it seems like we've lived them before.

• Like 1

Hello The Dreamer!

The brain has been likened to a muscle, in the fact that you can improve it's processes or change behaviors with work so in that aspect once you decided to consciously pay attention to your dreams it allowed for better dream recall.

Many other famous people have used their dreams as basis for all kinds of breakthroughs or as inspiration for art.

Can a segment of our dreams be recalling past lives? (I paraphrased your question.) Yes, I do think that a segment of our dreams can be, the trick is to know your dream cycles well enough to determine which is which and to investigate via a dream interpretation book on dream imagery to make sure that it isn't a dream in which you are working out older issues (the old clothes being a dream image for the past not a past life).

Can a segment of our dreams be precognitive? Yes, I believe they can, but again I would check again to determine if it isn't issue related first.

The fate question..... arrgh! People have been wrangling that one since the concept originated and I don't know if we are any closer to an answer on that one. LOL!

Mabon.

Its been shown that writing down your dreams leads to likelihood of lucid dreaming increasing.

the thinking is that as you document your dreams, you begin to recognize certain aspects of the dreams that reoccur, and when you have moments of recognition, you become aware you're experiencing a dream.

As for deja vu moments, often mundane moments in our lives repeat themselves closely enough that it seems like we've lived them before.

Hi there, I guess I left out a lot. Let me abbreviate. When my Lucid dreaming period back then cropped up, I wrote down only a small percentage of all the dreams I had. I got myself into the habit of keeping a notepad and pen on a beside locker, when my dream would end whether id be half asleep or msotly asleep id write it down and fall back into a deep sleep the minute I finish writing.

I know the difference between dreams that give me glimpses of my future and reoccurring moments. I went out of my way to learn the difference. That being said I cant always interpret some of my dreams there just far too fragmented.

You are right about deja vu, again it was a blunt term for what I was describing, I suppose looking back it was the wrong term ha. :D

Hello The Dreamer!

The brain has been likened to a muscle, in the fact that you can improve it's processes or change behaviors with work so in that aspect once you decided to consciously pay attention to your dreams it allowed for better dream recall.

Many other famous people have used their dreams as basis for all kinds of breakthroughs or as inspiration for art.

Can a segment of our dreams be recalling past lives? (I paraphrased your question.) Yes, I do think that a segment of our dreams can be, the trick is to know your dream cycles well enough to determine which is which and to investigate via a dream interpretation book on dream imagery to make sure that it isn't a dream in which you are working out older issues (the old clothes being a dream image for the past not a past life).

Can a segment of our dreams be precognitive? Yes, I believe they can, but again I would check again to determine if it isn't issue related first.

The fate question..... arrgh! People have been wrangling that one since the concept originated and I don't know if we are any closer to an answer on that one. LOL!

Mabon.

My dreams were most definitely that spark that reignited my creativity engine. I might know where my future is heading but I do know that the book Im writing right this minute, will be a good one, call it, A strong feeling. ;)

Like I said above, Ive gone out of my way to trigger my Lucid Dreams and experience then in I suppose a hope to learn a bit more about them. The result was me feeling quite sad, for a word. Some of my dreams were just mad eup from a mixture of things I experienced that day, others just felt different and I knew it simply wasn't made up crap.

I think there are some questions that will always remain unanswered ;P

Can you imagine a world in which we never dreamed?

Sounds sh!t boring haha

• Like 1

Well it sounds like quite a transition ;)

I'd love to read your novel.

White crane feather- seeker79

Edited by White Crane Feather

Four and a half years ago I was bombarded with Lucid dreams every night for a few months straight. Honestly I don't even know what triggered it all, I was prone to the odd one every now and then sure but nothing like that period of time. I found myself drained of all energy, I found myself wondering "What the hell was going on?".

It was around then I started to write them down because mentally, I couldn't make sense of them. After a while I began using one of my dreams as a foundation for a novel, which I completed after a few months. My writing skills in all area's weren't great and my creativity muscle had been dormant for so long that the book which had potential, lacked a lot in originality. However, it only had an opposite effect, my dreams merely inspired me to write more and more. I became a little obsessed and also slightly disturbed by the sheer amount of Lucid Dreams I was having. Some of the dreams I concluded (my personal opinion on the matter, not fact) I was reliving past lives, why do I believe this?

Simple. I can even now recall the scenery around me, the faces and clothes of the people that I was in the dream, the clothing gave me a good idea of era is well.

Some of my other dreams and these were and still are the more common, 'Glimpses into my future'. Sounds bat sh!t crazy I know but it's true, I have documented proof. Around 6-8 months back I had a strange dream that was talking to some girl and two guys were stood talking on my right. I didn't make much sense of it but I took note none the less anyway. Two days ago, it hit me, that feeling commonly described as 'Deja Vu', it hit me instantly, I had dreamed this exact moment. I had the dream when I lived in Ireland and I moved to Canada some three months ago. Can you imagine, if I could've understood more of the dream, or recalled more of it.

It made me wonder, Do we really decide our own future?

What are your thoughts?

No flamers please, I don't do well,.... with flamers. :D

As far as I'm aware, some dreams are seeded by the previous day's events. Some are shown to you by higher or other selves, some are of past, present & future. Some transcend this dimension or time-line, and plenty more I'm yet to experience, understand and learn... I've recorded plenty now, but I'm still learning to tell the difference..

Future dreams are especially puzzling. I've not had many lately, then again, time is the teller in that respect.. I've seen enough in my life to tell me that in many respects we don't always decide our own future. and I've always thought, well that sucks.. I think though, that the the truth is more beautiful than we think, that the universe has plans for us that we are often unaware of.. Life and all we experience is in partnership with the universe.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, I sincerely apologize for the late response. Life got a little hectic and not in a good way, haha.

Well it sounds like quite a transition ;)

I'd love to read your novel.

White crane feather- seeker79

It's a fantasy novel. I'm basically creating a world from scratch, some races, myths, folklore. You get the idea. It's going to take quite some time to finish and I'm most certainly not rushing it. I've world maps drawn, created a race, the list goes on. Its an undertaking im not sure I can complete but I'll give it my all.

I think you have a really good theory here. It's totally possible that Deja Vu could be a past dream that gave us a glimpse into our future. A dream that we had forgotten or not remembered upon awakening. It makes total sense to me. More so than any other theory I've ever heard about.

Let us know when you publish your books. I'd love to read them. Good luck Dreamer!

Well, I only speak from experience. We live in a age where for the most part people don't have t hunt/gather food. Very few know how to properly defend themselves. Physical fitness is a choice and not required to survive. It's no surprise that a lot of people forgot about dreams and the effect they can have on our daily life.

That being said, from what I've noticed in the last tens years, people are gradually becoming more spiritual, for a word. They're starting to question there faith's and go on their own spiritual journeys.

My dreams make me sad, for the simple reason. The Lucid dreams have shown me worlds I can barely begin to describe. I have felt pain, happiness, guilt, sorrow. Not all dreams are stuff compromised of events from that day or previous days. Some dreams are,.... more. I guess. Or so I like to believe anyway.

As for my book, I'l most definitely put up a link when it's done, it will be a while though.

As far as I'm aware, some dreams are seeded by the previous day's events. Some are shown to you by higher or other selves, some are of past, present & future. Some transcend this dimension or time-line, and plenty more I'm yet to experience, understand and learn... I've recorded plenty now, but I'm still learning to tell the difference..

Future dreams are especially puzzling. I've not had many lately, then again, time is the teller in that respect.. I've seen enough in my life to tell me that in many respects we don't always decide our own future. and I've always thought, well that sucks.. I think though, that the the truth is more beautiful than we think, that the universe has plans for us that we are often unaware of.. Life and all we experience is in partnership with the universe.

I've been so focused on getting out of Ireland due our economy being terrible that I put the whole 'dream diary' on hold. Now that I'm out here and trying to find a reliable job, I realize that I should start doing it again. Ive had some amaing dreams I didn't write down because I got out of the habit. I have to fix that.

Dreams were and will always be a complete mystery but a mystery we can thoroughly enjoy and experience.

• Like 1

Hi everyone, I sincerely apologize for the late response. Life got a little hectic and not in a good way, haha.

It's a fantasy novel. I'm basically creating a world from scratch, some races, myths, folklore. You get the idea. It's going to take quite some time to finish and I'm most certainly not rushing it. I've world maps drawn, created a race, the list goes on. Its an undertaking im not sure I can complete but I'll give it my all.

Well, I only speak from experience. We live in a age where for the most part people don't have t hunt/gather food. Very few know how to properly defend themselves. Physical fitness is a choice and not required to survive. It's no surprise that a lot of people forgot about dreams and the effect they can have on our daily life.

That being said, from what I've noticed in the last tens years, people are gradually becoming more spiritual, for a word. They're starting to question there faith's and go on their own spiritual journeys.

My dreams make me sad, for the simple reason. The Lucid dreams have shown me worlds I can barely begin to describe. I have felt pain, happiness, guilt, sorrow. Not all dreams are stuff compromised of events from that day or previous days. Some dreams are,.... more. I guess. Or so I like to believe anyway.

As for my book, I'l most definitely put up a link when it's done, it will be a while though.

I've been so focused on getting out of Ireland due our economy being terrible that I put the whole 'dream diary' on hold. Now that I'm out here and trying to find a reliable job, I realize that I should start doing it again. Ive had some amaing dreams I didn't write down because I got out of the habit. I have to fix that.

Dreams were and will always be a complete mystery but a mystery we can thoroughly enjoy and experience.

It's very easy to self publish these days look into amazons programs. Don't give it for free, when you are ready let us know and I will be your first customer buying on the kindle. :)